Tutor Starts

ANNOYING DESKMATE

5. Tutor Starts!

 

After the school ends, you went straight to the teachers' room. You wanted to object but when you see Miss Seohyun's hopeful face and bright smile, your heart went weak. Miss Seohyun gives you three sets of answers for today's set and you bowed to her.

"Thank you Yerin. I really hope you can help Taehyung improved his scores. He's good and scored other subjects well so it's a pity if he doesn't score for maths." Miss Seohyun put her hands on your shoulder. As if she just delegates some of her responsibility on teaching to you.

You nodded. "I'll try my best."

With a nervous heart, you stride to the library. School ends at 4 PM and you hope you could finish tutor him before 7. Realizing that times ticking, you fasten your steps.

 

In the library,

Taehyung finally sits at a table on the second floor, near the window. This is because, after he searches for you around, he couldn't find you. Taehyung pouts sadly thinking you might go home already. He starts thinking who is him for you to teach him? He is no good in math and both of you didn't have a good relationship either. With a sad heart, he takes out the sets and works on himself.

While Taehyung starts working, you already arrive at the library. Repeating the same way he did when he arrived here, you wander here and there looking for him.

Upstairs!

You thought and you jog upstairs because you have wasted times wandering around already. Right after, you can see Taehyung just right across you. He was alone at a table at the very back of the second floor yet you can see him clearly because there is only you and him. You saw him working so you quietly approaching him.

 

The nearer you got, the clearer you see his focused figure. With his unframed spectacle, he diligently sorts out workings on his paper. His eyebrows within his front bangs, his dark eyes, his sharp nose, him biting his lips.

God. How can a human’s face does thing to my heart?

You thought as your right hand tried to calm your wildly beating heart.

 

Taehyung seems frustrated as he furrowed his eyebrows. He might look so annoyed but by doing that, he had made someone's heart beats even wilder. Taehyung leans on the chair and brushed his hair back.

"Oh God..." You can't help but to breathe out your awe. Taehyung heard you and he looked at you. You start to panic but then you cleverly covered by continuing, "You look so annoyingly dumb." A lie.

You are annoyingly handsome Kim Taehyung!

Your heart yelled.

Taehyung smiled widely and he immediately stood. "Yerin!" He chirped, making you surprised of his sudden chirpy voice.

"What?" You look at him weirdly now. Why is he so happy?

"I thought you go home already! I thought I will study alone!" Taehyung still with his chirpy voice, come to you.

"How can I leave someone dumb like you alone? I see your frustrated face and I know you needed help." You smirked when you see the point to . Yet, Taehyung just smiles.

"Glad that you noticed it. Come, I really don't understand this." Taehyung grabs your wrist and pulls you to your seat. He made you sit beside him and he immediately showed you his question set and his solution paper. He was in set number one.

"It asked to differentiate. What is that? The differences? If yes, all I saw is only x and y. But the marks is 5 though?!" Taehyung explained. He then quickly snapped his fingers before you could answer him. "Ah, I see! There's little two and three on x and y. Then there is only a number 4 without a letter. One, two .... five! Yes I found five differences!" You could only gaped at this cute dumber. We have a loooong way to go!

 

Two weeks tutoring Taehyung and it wasn't that bad. Though he was slow at picking up, he mastered in long term memorization. If at first four days he finished three sets, now he could finish two sets in a day! What a huge leap of success!

While Taehyung starts his third set, you check his answers for the second set. You nodded when you see his delicate workings and you smiled when you tick a '✔ ' at his last answer. There was no hole in his workings and he even knows which method to use in a question.

And.. he was sensitive enough to write the formula. Even if he substitutes wrong number into the formula and lead to wrong answers, he could get one mark for the knowledge of the formula. It is better one than zero. You start to hum happily when you record his mark into your log. It was just a log that you personally made to see how far he has come. And his mark rises every day!

 

Taehyung, though he seems serious and focused on doing his exercise, he will peeks to you every seconds. It is because he was happy seeing you nodding and smiling while checking his works. That made him even happier and motivated to do more and more exercises.

 

Without you knowing, Taehyung has done a set of exercise at home before he sleeps. When you start humming, he quietly giggles. This is the first time he heard you humming. This time, he leans closer to you to see what made you humming happily.

"What is this?" Taehyung sees his name and a row of boxes that have numbers recorded in each box.

"The proof of your hard work!" You showed it to him and told him how he improved so much these days. "You know, I dare to bet you gonna got A in Math this time!" You smiled and look at him.

Your smile then ceased when you found him staring at you. That dark eyes were looking at you in a way you can't describe it but it gives you butterflies in your stomach.

 

- To be continued

 

[A/N]

What do you think about this story? I know its boring :')