Cooling Down?

ANNOYING DESKMATE

CHAPTER 2

........................................................................................................

"Excuse me. What are you doing Ahn Yerin?" My hand froze to the voice. I slowly lifted up my head and saw Sir Jin with a grim face and hands crossed his wide chest.

"I... me... uh.." you were lost for words. You glanced to your deskmate who keeps quiet beside you. Huh... I was used to this. You sighed internally.

Last year, you were caught because of him too. Your friend gave an exercise book belong to a person named Kim Taehyung. There was a note asking help how to solve this one mathematic question. Since he was asking nicely even on a sticky note, you helped him but you ended in getting caught. You forgot you were still in class. You then were punished to stay back at school helping the teacher for two hours.

When you saw him the next day he just scoffed at you. He said that you were stupid because you did it during class. You didn’t fought back because it was the truth and even though it was his book, you won’t accused him.

"Stand on the knees with hands up, outside." The handsome sir seemed to be in bad mood. He usually asked his students to stand at their place for the whole period.

You were surprised by the punishment. The class just started like... 15 minutes ago and 45 minutes more to go!

"Now." His voice sounded firm. You lowered down your head and quickly walked to the back door. You closed it slowly and sighed. There are students walking back and forth also, you saw your friends by a window at this hallway. Their teacher must not entering their class that they just chill right there. You sighed in despair as you sat on your knees then raised your arms.

 

You started to hear students whispering about you. Hearing that, you just lowered your head even more. When you heard people chuckled and scoffed at you, your eyes quickly get teary.

Your heart started to monologue in such a mixed feelings. Should I blame Taehyung for all this? Why he didn’t say a word?! Why I can’t say that it wasn’t really me but him? Ugh. I hate him and I hate myself.

 

Creek... a sound of an opened door made you quickly raised your arms properly and held your head straight ahead. You were afraid that the punishment will get harder if you were caught taking it easy.

Someone walked in front of you and stopped right beside you. Your right side isn’t empty now. The person kneed and raised the arms. You turned to look and were very surprised to see the poker face of Kim Taehyung beside you!

"What?" He asked unamused by your reaction. Still, he never bother to look at you.

"N-nothing." You replied and continued to look straight. You weren’t shy anymore because you have someone. You weren’t afraid anymore because you are not alone. You weren’t angry anymore because his action made you and him even. You silently smiled.

 

 

Kringg! Taehyung quickly let down his hands and stand up. He enters the class first. Before you could stand, Sir Jin called you. He said he will hold Taehyung's math book for a while. If Taehyung needed it back, he needs to meet Miss Seohyun after school ends at the teachers' room. You gulped down. He will get punished doubled then. You nod, understood.

When you enter the class, Taehyung seems to be looking for his book. You cleared your throat and told him what Sir Jin had told you. He just kept silent. During our Mathematics class, Taehyung personally told the teacher that his book was not with him. He was punished to be standing in the class. You sighed in relief.

At least he did not need to be punished outside. And... at least he has friends. After Taehyung’s confession, two of your classmate confessed they didn’t do their homework too and Miss Seohyun asked them to stand along with Taehyung. They stood at the very back of the class together.

 

"Three of you at the back, if you can solve this question, you can sit." Miss Seohyun suddenly announced after 30 minutes of her class started. You looked at the question. You are now discussing the homework together and the question on the board is the question you helped Taehyung with right before Sir Jin noticed us.

You bit your lips as you prayed that he will volunteer. We has just been punished outside and your legs cramped also I felt numb. Taehyung are standing now and his legs must be tired.

"Good Kim Taehyung. Come to the front and solve it." You saw Taehyung walking slowly to the front. See, his legs were tired. Now you are praying that he would still remember what you had taught him. He can sit if he answered correctly!

You smiled seeing his workings. Yes that’s right. Miss Seohyun also smiling and she seemed to be impressed with Taehyung's performance. To be honest, Taehyung isn’t really good at math. Every exams, he either got grade D or C. You didn’t say he was bad because he has never failed yet.

You smiled again when Miss Seohyun said that he can sit now. When Taehyung was walking over, you pretend to look at elsewhere. He sighed in relief when he sat. He was very thankful to be able to sit. Taehyung then yawned. . Please don’t sleep! You prayed when he looks like he is looking for another trouble.

"I did well right?" He asked with a slight glance towards you. He startled you with his sudden polite act and a casual tone.

"Yeah. Well done." You replied with the same tone and you felt like you saw him smiling. What is with him? What is with me? Are we cooling down?

 

-To Be Continued

........................................................................................................

 

HI! Chapter 2 is updated! I hope everyone have a great day today! <3

Take care till next update! XOXO