Talk

ANNOYING DESKMATE

Chapter 7

The next morning,

You slowly walk to your class and sometimes you would peek behind you. Afraid if Taehyung was behind you and will talk about yesterday. This is just too fast. Whole school knew you and Taehyung are enemy. What will happen if they knew both of you had just kissed?!

They might think that the war has ended and be happy or mad or sad whatever but, you don't know how to react to his confession. Your heart skips a beat for him sometimes but is that love? What strange is how the heck he can fall in love with you?

You have never shown any of your feminine side to him. He has seen the evil of you though. This risen the confusion in your head and your heart. Since when he started to like you? Just recently because both of you studied together? You don't think so. His act at infirmary came across your mind again.

He was so gentle when he brushed your hair behind your ear. He your hair softly and you were sure 100% that he must been staring at your face while you fake sleep. You blushed when you recalled of how he stared at you yesterday. Did he stare at me like that in the infirmary? You tap both of your cheeks harder and fasten your step to your class. You took a deep breath before you open the door and walk in.

"Morning." You smiled when your classmate greets you. Usually you are the one to greet them but today you just feel meh. From your vision, you noticed Taehyung was staring at you. You ignore him and smile to your classmate as you exchange morning greetings.

You arrived at your table and today his feet stayed under his table.

"Morning." Taehyung greets you while he looks up to you, flashing you a nervous smile.

"Morning." You replied quietly without looking at him. All your classmates were looking at you and Taehyung.

 

Did they just exchange their morning greetings??

 

They must think of that. You decided to ignore their stares and pull your chair to sit. Out of blue, your bag stuck in between of your chair and Taehyung's chair. Taehyung immediately help you by pushing his chair to the right side.

At this time you can't help but to look at him. He was looking at you too. The staring time went for quite some time before Taehyung starts to call your name.

"Yerin—“

"Thanks." You quickly cut him off and look out the window. From the window's reflection, you can see Taehyung's sad face before he faced to the front.

This time you were staring at his side profile. His side profile is so handsome and it is such a shame that you just noticed it today after almost 8 months sitting side by side. Taehyung surprisingly has long eyelashes. No wonder his eyes were a killer to your heart! You quickly avert your eyes when Taehyung suddenly glance to see you.

 

*       *       *

 

The day went with both of you being so quiet and so awkward with each other. It continues till end of school period. The bell rang and your classmates left for home while you stay seated. Taehyung did the same.

Since the tutor thingy starts, you and him will leave the class together and separate once you arrived at the teacher's room while Taehyung will continue walking to the library. But today, however, you can feel that it will be a very different evening.

"I want to talk about yesterday." Taehyung was the first to break the silence.

"I don't want to talk about it." You strictly said and got up. You are about to leave when Taehyung grabs your left arm.

"I think we should. If not we'll be really awkward like today and I really don't like it." Taehyung looked at you with pleading eyes.

"But today is okay for me. We didn't bicker you know. No pranks, no grudges," You tried pulling off your hand but his grip was too tight.

"Let's make it clear then. If we talked today, and we are clear, I promise I won't disturb you anymore." Taehyung was so serious. He really wanted to talk about yesterday.

"Make it fast and clear. What is it?" You finally decided to hear him out. You sit back on your chair and you faced him. Taehyung seems nervous to start but he needs to start before you leave any sooner.

"About my confession yesterday," He starts off and watch your reaction before he continues, "It was true Yerin. I love you. Though I pranked and played jokes on you a lot, it's the only way for me to communicate with you bravely."

"Huh?" You were surprised indeed. "But why pranks?" that was pretty weird. Instead of cheesy lines or shy talk, he chose to pull pranks on you.

"Because I am too shy to talk to you and you seem not interested in me. I was the noisiest boy in the class yet I didn't get your attention. That was why I blocked the back door. And then you paid me back by hiding my P.E attire. We kept on doing pranks like that and honestly, I like it. I like it because you finally paid attention to me. Although it wasn’t in a gentle way." Taehyung bit his lips after he said the last sentence.

"You are really weird Taehyung." You commented in disbelief.

"I know I am Yerin. So please forgive me and give me a second chance. I'll try to win your heart with the normal way." Taehyung started to grab a hold of both of your hands.

 

*       *       *

 

"Normal way??" Jimin stopped tearing the Twisties pack and looked at Taehyung.

"He said what?" Yoongi asked because he barely caught what Taehyung told them. He speaks so fast that Yoongi can't catch what his words were.

"He wants to tackle her using a normal way." Namjoon re-told. They were hanging out at Hope World; Hoseok's studio. After having a dinner at Hoseok's family restaurant downstairs, they went upstairs and to the third floor where Hoseok's studio was. The second floor was Hoseok's house.

"What do you mean by 'normal' Tae?" Hoseok asked while leaning on his chair. He made a bracket fingers when he mentioned 'normal' because it's unusual for Kim Taehyung to be norm. Hoseok glanced to Jungkook in case he knew what Taehyung meant, but he just shrugged off his shoulder.

"I don't know yet. But it's other than pranking her of course." Taehyung sighed. They all giggled.

"See, pranking her isn't a good idea to tackle a girl." Jin spoke breaking the short silence.

"But she recognized me by that." Taehyung defense himself. Namjoon shook his head while Yoongi already ignoring them by playing with his phone. Jin noticed that and he stated, "Unlike you, I am more curious of how the hell Yoongi got a girlfriend."

Hearing that, Yoongi just puckered his lips and shrugged. He doesn't really talk about his personal since he preferred to keep it to himself unless it's an important matter. And it was nice of him already to let them know who his girlfriend is. Yoongi silently smiles.

"Well hyung, firstly, let's be gentle." Jungkook finally opened his golden mouth. Five pairs of eyes are on him and six ears are hearing of what Jungkook is saying.

 

- To Be Continued.

 

I am very sorry for the loss. It was a heart breaking news to know Jonghyun had left us. I wish for everyone especially s, his fans and families will stay strong in this difficulties.