Explains

ANNOYING DESKMATE

12


"Yerin," Taehyung blocked your way to the exam hall. You shot him a glare and you walked to the other side yet he went to block it too.

"Don't you have paper today?" You asked in bore.

"Yeah I do but I'll go if you talked to me." He crossed his arms against his chest.

"Yes I just talked to you." You smirked and quickly ran into your hall. Taehyung groaned and bit his lower lips. "Sneaky." He said, huffing his cheeks.

 

But he didn't stop right there. He followed everywhere you go in school.

You mentally grunted when you heard that annoying man sang your name from behind you. After Chemistry 2 paper, there is 2 hours gap before the next paper in the evening. You are about to have lunch in canteen but you changed your route as soon as you saw Taehyung.

Unfortunately, he saw you.

"Yerin~ Yerin~ Yerin-ah~" He sang so happily yet so loud making the students finding the Yerin that Taehyung was calling for. You lowered your head as you fasten your step to the library.

"Ya shorty. You skip lunch?" Taehyung managed to block your way into the library with his arm. He lowered his head to see you clearly.

Shorty? He called me short? You huff your cheek and you smirked when you have an idea.

"Hey," Taehyung was speechless when you suddenly escaped through the space he made under his arm. Since you're shorter than him and tiny, you easily escaped from him.

"Ahn Yerin!" His voice hitched accidently because you are far ahead of him. He wanted to chase after you but the library entrance blocked him. He needed to scan his student card before he could get in.

"Yer-- yeah sorry." Taehyung raised his hand apologetically when the librarian at the counter sends him a death glare. Taehyung sighed and he left the library.

 

*       *       *

 

You flipped the page of your revision book with peace. Finally you are alone and free from the annoying guy named Kim Taehyung. Thinking about him, out of blue, the image of him kissing other girl comes again to your mind.

You looked at your right side where you can clearly see the view of the rooftop. You clearly remember Taehyung was leaning to kiss the girl and that kiss reminded you of you and Taehyung kissing. The kiss went passionately that you are hurt wondering if he kissed that girl the way he did to you.

Your hands grabbing tight the edges of the book you held tightly that it almost crumpled. Kim Taehyung. You bite your lips. You are so dead! The moment fire was bursting inside you, suddenly Taehyung appeared in front of you. He is on your right side, completely blocking your view to the rooftop and he puts his hand on the table as he leans closer to you.

Your eyes widen in surprise and tears trickle down to your cheeks. Immediately, you looked away. If and only if he came to library that day and not to the rooftop. You thought to yourself.

You heard the chair beside you is pulled and you can sense that Taehyung sat there. The thought of your mom saying he might be innocent came to your mind. Your mother said that you should talk to him instead of avoiding him.

"Why didn't you come here that day? Why did you go to the rooftop?" You asked without looking at him. Silently, you wipe your tears away.

"Because I got the wrong letter." Taehyung said and you instantly scoffed. What an excuse!

"I’m serious Yerin. I am also mad because when I arrived at the rooftop, you weren't there waiting for me." Taehyung tilted his head, trying to search for your face that he has been wanting to see. Since that day you, you're not only avoiding and silent treated him, but you also looked away whenever your eyes met. And he really hates that.

"I went to the library searching for you but you had left. I'm sorry for that incident." He spoke in such a gentle voice, trying to win your forgiveness.

You gulped nervously. He was being honest with you. But, you still aren’t sure of it. Talk Yerin, talk. You keep on motivating and brace yourself. The nervousness to confess a week ago has come again. Is today is the day?

"How come you didn't get my letter?" You turned to face him because that was totally ridiculous for you. You were sure that you had slipped it inside his shoe locker and you were very sure that you didn't retrieve it back to burn it or whatnot.

"I swear I only receive a pink letter!" He raises his right hands up and his look was desperate to make you believe him. You were still unsatisfied.

"Then why...w-why did you...erm.." you were stuttering to ask him the reason why he and the girl was kissing. You curled up your fingers into two fists to brace yourself to hear his explanation. It was an accident. He was innocent. You keep telling that to yourself.

"Why did you kiss her?" You finally asked in one breath.

 

After I took my student card in the bag, I ran again to the library. I was worried if she had left because she was totally avoiding me for a week now. I really want us to settle this matter in a good way and to secure our good terms. I want to be more than her enemy. I want to be more than her friend. I want her all to myself. So I really need to get her talk to me even if I needed to force her. It is because avoiding each other brought us nowhere yet far from each other.

 

I smiled as soon as I saw her sitting at our usual table. My heart flutters and it tells me that she didn't really hate me. If she does, she will not sit there, at our usual spot. As I drew closer to her, I saw her looking outside. Seeing her gazing at the rooftop, it hurts my heart. She was recalling the scene and she was hurting. I can tell it by how tight she was holding her book.

 

And I am hurt too to see her hurting like that.

 

I blocked her view right after I arrived at her. She was surprised to see me and I was surprised to see tears rolling down from her eyes. She immediately looked away. I gave her time to calm down and I almost thought she didn't want to talk with me anymore 'till she finally spoke.

 

Finally, she wanted me to clear up the situation happened a week ago. And I can feel that she wanted to fix us.

"I didn't kiss her." I answered her question. She scoffed at me and she almost looked away again before I firmly held both her arms.

"Look at me when I am explaining to you Yerin. Look into my eyes because not only my mouth telling the truth, my eyes tell the truth too." I told her. She flinched a bit because I sounded very serious but she relaxed down when I soften my grip on her arms.

"Believe in me Yerin. I didn't know her but I got her letter. She confessed to me and I rejected her saying that I already have someone. I have you. But then suddenly she cried and when I tried calming her down, she pulled me by my tie and k-k.." I was explaining very well before suddenly, I stuttered to say the word kiss. "She k-ki-..s.." I can't say it properly. What the heck.

 

Screw me! I pulled my hands away from her and I looked down in embarrassment. I was trying to explain to her right now! Please don't stutter! I prayed.

 

While I was having a mental breakdown with my sudden inability to say the word 'kiss', I heard light chuckle. I looked up and I saw her smiling brightly.

 

-to be continued

 

It will end soon :)