His Efforts

ANNOYING DESKMATE

Chapter 8: His efforts

Today you come to school and you found another rose on your table. You weirdly stare at it and you also glance to Taehyung who acts don’t know while play games on his phone. You already knew it was him. No need to guess since it's the fourth time the rose appeared on your desk every morning you arrived to school.

Four days ago,

"Morning...beautiful??" You read a note pad sticking on the rose's stem. You just arrived to school and something in red and smells good was on your table. A red rose.

"Do you like it?" Taehyung immediately turned to you and smiled.

"So it's you?" You showed the rose to him.

"No. I don't know who put it." You rolled your eyes to his denial.

"This is your hand writing lol." You snickered. Taehyung bit his lower lips. I should have asked Jimin to write it. He thought. But when he saw you smiling and put the rose at the left upper side of your table, Taehyung smiled too.

"What is lol by the way?" Taehyung asked when he suddenly remembers the unique term you used just now.

"Uh.. You don't know?" Surprise again from this guy. Taehyung shook his head and his eyes sparkles with curiosity.

"It's nothing important."

 

Since then, there will be any weird kind of Taehyung appears. The one you had never known whether it was his nature or his act to tackle you. But he sometimes innocently caught off guard by you and sometimes, he is daringly conveyed his feelings.

 

Scene one,

"What are you looking at?" You asked without turning to him. You noticed he has been glancing and sometimes staring for a while at you OR the view outside the big window.

"You." Taehyung simply answered making your heart skips a beat. Taehyung smiles when he sees you blushing.

 

Scene two,

"What is this?" Your usual question if there was something given to you.

"For you." Taehyung's answers always so simple but it still manage to flutter your heart.

"Why are you so kind?" But sometimes you feel scared. It's very unusual for having an almost mutual enemy became tame.

"Because you're giving me a chance to tackle you." Taehyung smiles very sweetly that so many arrows has been shot to your heart. Sometimes you wonder if you could wear cupid-arrow-proof to school to protect your weakling heart.

"I'm not used to the kind you."

"You will soon." Again he shot you the sweetest smile of his.

 

Scene three,

"Hi," Taehyung would greet as he lightly touched either your back or your elbow. He did that whenever you guys met outside from the classroom. He was not only greeted you, he also smiled and sometimes would flashed a flirty wink.

Oh, you didn't know how many times he tortured your heart like that. Every day, every times he smiled, countless arrows were short straight to your heart, resulting bull's eye. The hole were torn from a tiny hole to a big, big hole; allowing a man named Kim Taehyung to have a spot in your heart.

 

* * *

"Girls, I'm confused." One day, you shared your feeling to your girlfriends.

"About what? Taehyung?" Chia was the first to speak. You nod.

"Hey, I heard dating rumors about you and Tae. Is it true?? Why haven't you tell us in the first place?!" Hanny came, slammed her tray on the table and sat beside you. She glared at you because she was quite mad.

"Well I didn't tell you anything because it isn't true!" You looked at her and she frowns.

"It doesn't true? Why??" Hanny whined. Although she will get mad for not being the first person to get to know the 'good news', but it kinda sad because she was expecting that you and Taehyung go on a date. In her opinion, she really supports this love-hate relationship.

"Where did you hear that? Cause I haven't." Byul asked. Chia nodded; agreeing because she didn't hear about that too.

"From Tae's fangirls of course~" Hanny said then mouthing to a group of girls eating not far from your table.

"Fangirls?" You snapped and turned around to look. Hanny quickly pulls your neck to make you sit facing them. "Don't make it obvious!" She warned.

"He got fangirls??" You asked; disbelief. Chia and Byul nodded.

"You have been busy in 'war field' that you didn't even notice that the guy you fought with is the popular boy in school!" Hanny whispered in a firm voice.

"Ew why are you whispering?"

"Because you will get strike twice by his fangirls." Hanny said. "They will not let you date him if you got three strikes." She started to tell you and your friends about the strikes thingy.

First strike you got was because you fought with Taehyung and pulled pranks on him. Second was, you don't know him inside out. If you get a third strike then you're out!

"Excuse me, I did knew his inside out. His angel and devil side, to be precise." You said.

"If you talk bad about him and they hear you then you are strike thrice!" Hanny nudged you.

"And I'm here trying to show that I got only ONE strike." You protested to defense yourself. Besides pulling pranks on him, you do knew him well. Chia, Byul and Hanny immediately smiles.

"So you really like him." They cooed.

And so you have fallen into their trap. You didn't even confess your worry yet and here comes another worry. Your friends are going to help you to confess to Taehyung. Maybe, forcing you to do so; knowing that you are quite stubborn.

 

- To be continued

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEHYUNG!!