Chapter 28

If We Are Meant to be Together

2 weeks later…

2.00 p.m.

Munhwa wore her sling bag as she made her way towards Wooyoung’s desk. He was putting his stuffs into his bagpack, ready to move to the gym for his regular basketball practice. Munhwa just stood there silently until he finished, and then they walked to the gym together, shoulder to shoulder. Throughout their little walk to the gym, not a single word was shared. They had been like that throughout this whole couple of weeks, except for the occasional 'Hey' or 'Have you eaten?'.

Apparently, Minsun had told Munhwa about her leaving a couple of days before Christmas. She asked for her favour to tell everyone else for her, so everyone on the basketball team knew beforehand before she left Miryung High. Except for Wooyoung. Munhwa felt bad that the news of Minsun leaving came so suddenly to him, but she couldnt help it. She was about to tell him when he suddenly showed on her door, confessing his feelings for her. Ever since, it was really awkward between them.

Wooyoung was first a bit angry at Munhwa when knew that everyone else knew, but a few days after, he just acted like usual except no more bullying, no more pranks on Munhwa. He just got quiet and focused more on his practice. They occasionally had conversations, but it was different from before. Wooyoung didn't really talk unless it was necessary.

Munhwa carefully eyed Wooyoung from the tail of her eyes. He looked serious as usual. The big change in his attitude made her felt bad, even though the teachers seemed happy that he wasn't a troublemaker anymore.

"Um..." she said softly. Wooyoung raised an eyebrow and then looked at her.

Munhwa quickly looked up for an excuse to say something. She really wanted to make up to him.

"Can you stay a bit after practice? I passed by Junsu sunbae this morning, he asked me to tell you to stay a bit after practice. He wanted to check on your practice book."

Wooyoung nodded. "Sure. He already told me that."

"Okay... G-good..." Munhwa stared at her feet moving along the hallway. She was sorry that she couldn't return his feelings. She just hoped he would go back to his old self. He might be able to, maybe if he meet Minsun at least one more time? 





4.00 p.m.
Gongmun High School

Minsun decided that she skipped cram session that day. There had been endless classes and cram sessions ever since she was enrolled here, again. Last time she studied here was in middle school. Now she was back, all for the sake of her mother. 

Life wasn’t much different going to this school. Minsun was still the aloof loner she was, her main daily activity was studying, and just like how the scandal between her and Taecyeon broke out, she was again involved with gossips involving her and Joongki, ever since he began to join her table every lunch, uninvited, of course. Now that the gossips were widely spread, school became a tad bit annoying to her.

However, she still kept in touch with some friends back at Miryung. It was usually Munhwa and Gohee. Gohee was still recovering. She couldn’t go to school yet while Munhwa was still catching her breath trying to manage the basketball team. It was still a bit awkward with Taecyeon, so she didn’t really text or call him while Wooyoung… She was wondering why he was so quiet? There were no news about him, other than that he was forced to participate in a program by the school, where all the low-graders had to take extra classes, mentored by the seniors. It just happened that Junsu was his mentor.

“So this is where Jung Jihee’s daughter goes to when she skips classes,”

Minsun opened her eyes, feeling very annoyed that she recognized whose voice it was. Minsun had been sitting againts a giant tree at the far end of the field, which was close to the forest behind the school. Most students were too scared to go there with all kind of horror rumors going around the tree. One of it was a girl student hanging herself on that tree long time ago, but Minsun couldn’t care less.

Minsun didn’t even respond to his greeting, which was more of a disturb to Minsun, and then pretended to read her history textbook. 

Joongki chuckled and then made himself comfortable; sitting by her side. She showed him herdismay of his presence by inching away from him.

“Do you know? The more a girl wants to get away from me, the more I want to catch her?” He said, smirking while playing with Minsun’s long locks between his fingers. Minsun calmly responded by smoothing her hair, taking it away from his fingers. She put back all her stuffs into her bagpack and got up to leave. Joongki nonchalantly followed her from behind with a smirk on his pretty face.

“Where are you going? You can’t go home since you’re officially skipping a class right now.”

Minsun finally took a pause in her step to turn around and gave him a warning.

“Stop following me. Stop being annoying and go away.”

“Woah, woah, wow.” Joongki laughed. “Easy girl, I’m being nice to you right now. You don’t want to see me angry, I’m sure.”

“Or what? You’re going to raise your hand and hit me?”

Joongki’s playful expression changed after he heard that. He looked serious as he stepped closer and closer to Minsun. He stopped only inches away from Minsun, deliberately letting her feel his breath on her. Not wanting to show any sign of inferiority to him, Minsun didn’t step away, but looked at him directly in his eyes.

“You sure are one of a kind.” He said, his voice low and dangerous, as opposed to his pretty boy look.

A little nervous inside, Minsun waited for him to walk away, or at least that was what she thought he would do if she kept showing passive response to him, but she was wrong. He forcefully reached for her chin and tilted her head up. She instantly pushed him away when his face began to lean closer towards her.

“What are you thinking you’re doing?!” She spat.

Joongki didn’t look too pleased at her reaction. His temperamental nature led him to reach for her, but a masculine, lean but muscular arm stopped him from doing so.

“I think that’s enough, Joongki.”

Minsun didn’t realize when or where did he came from, but there he was, Nichkhun, still clad in Miryung school uniform, staring down at Joongki with his large eyes. There was a surge of relief in her, but she didn’t show it. However, she suddenly felt a pang of loneliness, thinking how easy and comfortable it was back at Miryung, when she had a group of friends who would always protect her that she never had to worry about anything like this.

Nichkhun let go of Joongki’s hand, but his hawk-like stare was still on him.

“You do know that you’re harrassing her just now, didn’t you?” Khun deliberaley asked him the obvious. Joongki’s sullen expression turned playful again as he mocked a laugh.

“Oh, come on, Khun. I was just joking around, ok?”

Khun gave him one last warning glare before he ignored him and placed his hand at Minsun’s back, leading her towards the back entrance of the school.

“Are you okay?” He asked Minsun, his voice gentle again.

“Yeah, thanks.”

“I called you many times. Why weren’t you answering?”

“Y-You did?” She probably set her phone to silent mode, or the battery was probably flat. She didn’t know anymore. There were times when she felt like throwing her phone away. Other than keeping in touch with Munhwa or Gohee, there was only her mother who kept calling her, asking her wherebaout or asking her to come over some business centered dinner or events. 

“I-”

“It’s okay.” Khun said gently, understanding her. He opened the car door for her and let her entered first before he walked around and filled the driver’s seat.

Minsun let her body rest at the backrest, her eyes half-opened. Khun took a brief glance over her, and she looked tired. He wasn’t sure if it was physically or mentally. But the scene that happened before his eyes just now worried him. He didn’t know that Joongki had been harrassing her. Minsun had been quiter these days. She spoke less, smiled less. She looked like she was trying to make as if she didn’t exist, which was worrying to him, but he wasn’t surprised that she would behave like this ever since she started staying with her mother again. Her father, which was her stepfather, on the other hand, had never showed any concern towards her to begin with.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Khun asked as he drove.

“Tell you what?” Her voice weak and tired.

“That Joongki had been harrassing you.”

He heard her sighed. When he looked at her, she had turned her face away.

“Don’t sit alone like that anymore. Don’t give him the chance to get closer to you.”

There was no answer coming from Minsun.

“Minsun, are you listening to me?”

There was a pause before she came with a reply. “Can we not talk about that right now?”

Khun raked his hair with his fingers, trying not to look frustrated at her behavior. He knew she was having a hard time, and whenever she did, she just shut out herself from everybody else. It was most difficult to approach her in this condition, it could be frustrating.

“It’s been a while though, since I’ve been feeling like this.” Minsun suddenly said, breaking the silence. When Khun looked over her, she was still staring blankly out the window.

“Feeling like what?”

“Relieved when I see your face.”

Khun laughed a little at her statement. It wasn’t something nice to hear about him, but it was funny all the same. He could relate to that. All these years, whenever he picked her up, it was when her mother wanted her to attend some important event which Minsun hated doing so much, and Nichkhun was always the one who made sure that she didn’t run away or cause trouble. Even though she didn’t show it, he guessed she must be lonely in that school, that even seeing him was a relief to her.





Miryung High School gym
5.30 p.m.

“See? This part right here, this is where everything goes wrong,” Junsu made an obvious red circle in the middle of an algebra formula which left Wooyoung in frustration. How could such a small mistake ruined the whole answer? 

While waiting for Junsu to mark his next answer, Wooyoung looked at the basketball team cleaning up the gym, putting away the equipments and cleaning the floor. Today was not one of those days when Wooyoung had to go to his extra classes, but Junsu insisted that he showed him the homework he gave him last class, so he could give Wooyoung a new one since Wooyoung was the weakest student in his mentee group. He came to the gym himself to mark the homework while Wooyoung was practicing with the basketballl team and then discuss together with him after the practice ended or taking a break.

Wooyoung realized that Munhwa wasn’t around. He didn’t realize when did she disappear but it was not common that Munhwa wasn’t around especially when they were cleaning up. She was always next to Taecyeon making sure that everyone help out. But then, they talked less with each other after his confession, and even lesser after Minsun left, just because nobody was forcing him to  talk or be nice to Munhwa anymore. They still walk to the gym together, but there was this air of awkward about them. Maybe it will disappear after sometime, Wooyoung thought.

He went back to his discussions with Junsu, but their discussion was interrupted when there was a loud noise from the guys, going ‘Woah’ and ‘Wow’ and what not. They were all swarming at the mian entrance of the gym, so Wooyoung couldn’t see what was going on. And then Munhwa came to his sight, she was smiling and laughing, 

“Are you guys surprised?” Munhwa giggled.

“Why didn’t you tell us that Minsun’s coming?” Chansung said in disbelief, a wide grin plastered all over his face, as well as the other team players.

Minsun?

Wooyoung and Junsu both looked up from the exercise book. Junsu immediately grinned from ear to ear when he saw the ‘walking textbook’ of his Mathemathic Club. She was still dressed in her school uniform which exuded luxury and exclusivity from her which almost made her looked like someone else. Junsu quickly left his seat and joined the crowd, leaving Wooyoung dumbfounded in his seat.

“You should have told us if you’re coming. I could have arranged something for all of us.” Taecyeon said, just the way a leader would.

“No, it’s okay. I’m just dropping by. I can’t be here for long, I have to leave soon,” Minsun said and then looked over her shoulder at Nichkhun who was waiting by the door frame, leaning against it lazily, watching over her with a smile on his face.

“Minsun, you look tired. Things must have been tough there,” Junho said, a bit concerned at how pale she looked.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine. I’m sorry that I left so suddenly. It must be tough when you suddenly had less material for your blog, huh?” Minsun gave them a little smirk which sent Chansung and Junho into a panic state that they quickly covered Minsun’s mouth with their hands.

“What? What material?” Taecyeon turned to Jaebum who shrugged, pretending that he didn’t hear what Minsun just said. Thank god Taecyeon was a bit slow with these stuffs or those two might have to run 50 laps at the track field. It was quite obvious though who were behind the Gossip Boy blog. But then, they helped Minsun quite  a lot by turning a lot of antis into her fan. They also hid the fact that Taecyeon and Minsun no longer dated each other, or she will gain more antis again.

“How did she know?” Junho whispered to Chansung, as if Minsun couldn’t hear them. Minsun pulled their hands away.

“Too bad I’m just too smart,” she replied. Chansung cleared his throat while Junho looked at random directions, acting as if she wasn’t talking to them. And then his eyes landed a Wooyoung who was sitting still at one of the benches, watching them from afar.

“Yah! Wooyoung ah! What are you doing there? Come here!” Junho shouted, which made Minsun looked at his direction as well. Like he was strapped to a heavy burden on his back, Wooyoung slowly got up and made his way towards them. Everyone was anticipating one of his antics, but he was surprisingly quiet at Minsun’s presence, which was weird because other than Taecyeon, Wooyoung was actually the closest to her.  Wooyoung was a bit pouty; he looked upset and he even refused to look at her in the eyes.

“Hi, Wooyoung. I’m sorry I left without a word.” Minsun said with a light smile, trying to start something between them. She wasn’t sure what was wrong with Wooyoung either, but he was making it awkward between them.

“Um, yeah.” He said simply. His expression still didn’t look too good and everyone started to wonder why.

“Minsun, can’t you stay for a bit? We should all go out for a meal or something.” Munhwa suggested.

Minsun shook her head. She felt bad but she couldn’t stay. In fact, she came here without her mother knowing. Without Khun’s help, she wouldn’t even have the chance to see them again. Her school was about 3 hours away from Miryung by car. It would take a bit longer with public transport. Now with her mother having full control on her life, she couldn’t find a way to meet them physically. She was able to stop by Miryung High School because she was supposed to go to a formal dinner somewhere near with her mother tonight, and coincidentally Jihee asked Khun to fetch her directly from school.

“I’m sorry but I really have to go. I really want to see you guys, I wish I could stay longer too.”

“That’s too bad. We really should get together next time.” Taecyeon replied.

“What’s the point of dropping by only to leave again?” Wooyoung muttered to himself, but apparently everyone, including Minsun heard him clearly.

“Yah, Jang Wooyoung!” Munhwa said angrily before Taecyeon could even scold him. 

“How could you say that?! Do you know how hard it is for her to come here?!” Munhwa added, Wooyoung simply looked away and pretended like he didn’t hear a thing. The atmosphere suddenly changed into an unpleasant one and it began to get a bit awkward.

“This kid, I’m going to to give you a good lesson,” Taecyeon muttered under his breath, through gritted teeth.

Just then, Minsun forced a smile on her face when deep inside she was actually about to break in tears. She feared this the most, but Nichkhun and Munhwa convinced her many times that she should come and that everyone would be happy to at least see her again. She was hoping that she could see Taecyeon’s assuring smile again, laugh at Chansung and Junho’s mischief again, and perhaps have that little, light bickering she always did with Wooyoung. Everybody could see through her right now, at how vulnerable she looked, at how her face was filled with disappointment or how pathetic she looked.

“I’m really sorry, guys. I really want to apologize for having to leave so suddenly. I really wish things didn’t turn out this way but I can’t help it. And um… I’m sorry I can’t stay for long.”

“Minsun, it’s not your fault. Please don’t feel bad,” Munhwa gently tried to calm her down. Then, she glared at Wooyoung for making Minsun felt bad. Seeing how things turned out this way, Nichkhun stepped in.

“Sorry guys, but we have to get moving now.” He said politely as he placed his hand  on Minsun’s back. He looked at Taecyeon, and the two leaders exchanged a nod between them.

“Hey, take care of yourself, okay? Maybe we can go on a fake date again someday,” Taecyeon smiled and patted her head. Minsun could no longer show her face to them. She must have looked so sad and she didn’t want them to see her, so she kept looking down. Munhwa had a pang of guilt and sympathy in her chest, and wished she could comfort her and make all those bad feelings Minsun was having to go away.

Munhwa cupped Minsun’s face in her hand and made the girl look at her in the eyes.

“Minsun-ah, just remember that we will always be here for you, okay? I’ll call you tonight, let’s have a long talk.”

Minsun nodded and smiled a bit. Munhwa pulled her in for a really tight hug, and rubbed Minsun’s back up and down like a mother comforting her little child.

They all bid goodbye to each other, and somehow the event became a bit tearful, probably because they didn’t have the chance to when she actually left. Wooyoung being his stubborn self refused to say goodbye, pretending like he wasn’t there at all. When Khun and Minsun actually left, Munhwa went to him.

“I thought you’ve changed Jang Wooyoung. I’m so disappointed.” She said and then left, leaving Wooyoung feeling like he wanted to kick himself. Taecyeon decided that he left Wooyoung alone that day, knowing that the younger boy was reflecting on his actions already.





“Minsun?” Khun briefly glanced towards Minsun as he drove towards the boutique that Minsun and her mother usually go to to pick up their dresses, this time for a charity dinner tonight.

“Hm?” Minsun answered absent-mindedly. She was staring outside the window, looking a bit lost.

“Are you okay?”

“Mm-hm,” Minsun replied half-heartedly. From the corner of his eyes, Nichkhun saw her fingers fiddling with the hem of her skirt. She must be thinking about what had just happened, blaming herself for everything.

“Stop thinking. Just rest until we got there.” Khun gently told her.





Grand Ballroom, Seoul Hotel
8.30 p.m.

“So, how was everything going at Gongmun? Much better, huh?” asked one of Jihee’s friends, who happened to be sitting at the same table with Minsun, Nichkhun and their parents. Deep inside, Minsun was thinking if she was already forcing the answer of her question to her, what was the point in asking?

“Yes. Everything was great.” Came Minsun’s short, dishonest answer with a totally unconvincing look on her face, obviously unpleased at admitting such lie. The woman had a slight distaste look in her face at how cold and unfriendly Minsun was to the other guests. Nichkhun noticed that look she directed at Minsun, as well as Jihee’s little sigh, so he quickly jumped to the conversation to distract their attention from Minsun.

“I heard you had just returned from a fashion show in Paris. How was it?” Nichkhun asked in the middle of their dinner.

“Oh, it was brilliant! You should have seen it!”

The conversation began to get lively as Khun and Minsun’s  parents and other guests exchanging stories of their businesses and their last oversea vacation. There were many times when Khun had to change the topic or just speak up whenever he sensed any signs of the guests’ interest towards Minsun. Minsun would just brush them off with simple answers which indirectly offended them so Nichkhun tried to avoid that from happening. Because that would only lead her to trouble with her mother.

When the guests were busy chatting, Minsun silently put down her eateries, and softly muttered a ‘Excuse me’ as she left her seat. Nichkhun eyed her worriedly when the other adults were still in their conversation. He looked at her plate and she barely ate anything after an hour sitting in front of these appetizing dishes. Not long after, Nichkhun too excused himself from the group and set to find Minsun.

Nichkhun left the Grand Ballroom of Seoul Hotel when he couldn’t find Minsun anywhere. He started to panic a little when he couldn’t see Minsun around. Khun asked all the guards nearby if they had seen her, describing her appearance in detail, hoping for any possible information of her whereabouts. In the end, he followed his instinct and went up to the rooftop garden, and heaved a relieved sigh when he saw her slim figure, wrapped in the glittery, beige colored knee-length dress from behind.

“Minsun,” he called, which caused her to turn around abruptly, surprised. Minsun’s expression relaxed when she saw Khun coming her way, so she turned around again to look at the view of the city.

“What are you doing here? You barely eat anything just now,”

“I feel a little lightheaded. I just need some fresh air.” Minsun answered weakly, almost whispering. Khun sensed her lack of energy and took a better look at her face. He couldn’t really tell because of her makeup, but her eyes looked tired.

“Minsun, you don’t look well,” Khun put his hands on her arms, pulling her towards him. “Why don’t you have a sit?”

Minsun followed his suggestion and was about to follow his lead towards the nearest bench, but as soon as she took a step from her spot, Minsun fell to the ground, almost losing her consciousness. Lucky that Nichkhun was there, so he managed to catch her in his arms.

“Minsun!” Nichkhun almost yelled in panic. 

“I-I’m fine…” Minsun stubbornly, but weakly put her hands on Khun’s chest, pushing him away and stood up again. He didn’t want to make Khun worried of her, because she would only feel bad if he did.

“No, you’re not fine,” Khun strictly said and gripped on her arm firmer and led her to the nearest bench.  She clearly didn’t look well when she sighed heavily and put her fingers on her temple.

“I’m just a little dizzy, that’s all.” Minsun said weakly.   

“Minsun,” Khun gently squeezed her fingers and sighed, “I’ll get you something to drink,” Khun said reassuringly. He wanted to ask her what was happening or if she had been skipping meals, because that was her habit when she was stressed, but decided against it. She had been having a hard time and Khun didn’t want to add to her stress with those questions.

Khun was about to get up but Minsun stopped him by pulling his hand. “You don’t have to. I… I’m going back inside.”

Khun sighed, the heavy feeling been harboring in his chest multiplied everytime he looked at her. He rubbed his thumb at the back of her hand, finally realizing how cold her fingers were. Khun canceled his plan and then crouched in front of her. He took off his jacket and put it around her while she looked at him questioningly. Khun took both of her hands and rubbed them with his, blowing warm air into them from time to time to warm them up.

“Oppa…?”

Khun looked up and warmly smiled at her.

“Why don’t I just send you home tonight? You need a good rest tonight.”

“But mother would-”

“I’ll talk to her. I’ll tell her that you’re not feeling well, and let me send you home,”

This was new to Minsun, Khun telling her to rest at home because usually, in events like this, Khun was the one to tell her to just go through the event with a smile. She did felt relieved that she could get to lie down and rest soon, she barely have the energy to take another step.





Jung Jihee Residence
9.45 p.m.

Khun already arrived at Minsun’s home, but Minsun was already fast asleep at the passenger’s seat. He stared at her worriedly, thinking just how much she had gone through alone, but yet she refused to share with anyone. He was thankful that at least Minsun was still keeping in touch with Munhwa, knowing that Munhwa had always been someone who was supportive and caring.

Khun reached out his hand, wanting to wake her up, but hesitated for a bit. For once, he actually saw her completely at peace. Her chest moved up and down in a calm rhythm, her hands neatly placed on top of each other on her lap, while her hair fell free, gracefully gathered at one side of her shoulder. But then her lips, her small lips glistened under the dim moonlight, unexpectedly arousing an unusual desire in him.

Minsun stirred a bit, which caused Khun to quickly withdrew his hand and looked away. 

“We’re here already?” Minsun asked, half-asleep, “I’m sorry I fell asleep,”

“No, it’s okay,” Khun smiled and then quickly left his car to open the door for Minsun. He helped her to get out of the car, and then crouched in front of her, his back facing her.

“O-Oppa…” Minsun stuttered, embarrassed at his gesture. Besides, they had to climb on steps from the porch to the main entrance of her mansion.

“Quick, climb on my back. When else do I get chance like this? Come on, be easy on me for a bit,” Khun said playfully, indicating that Minsun had always been hard-to-get towards him. It had been a while since Khun like that.

“But, I felt better already…”

“I’m not moving until you let me give you a piggyback,”

Giving up upon Khun stubbornness, Minsun gave up and hesitatingly climbed onto his back.

Khun smiled widely and then began climbing up towards the main entrance.

“Ah… how long had it been since I last gave you a piggyback?”

“That was when I was little. Way back then,”

“And later on you began to keep a distance between us throughout middle to high school. Did you know how disappointed I was?”

“That is because you get too popular. I just don’t want to get involved.”

Khun chuckled. He saw that coming from her actually, but purposely asked her. Of course, Minsun had always hated attention, putting herself out in the public because of her mother’s reputation. She didn’t want people to treat her differently just because her mother was an influential figure. But more importantly, she was afraid of separation. Throughout her life, her mother had been strictly controlling who she can or cannot mix with, and had been through many painful separation.

“Seo Minsun is so mean. She don’t want to be nice to her oppa.”

Minsun pouted a bit, and then timidly hit his shoulder with her fist.

“Ouch, that hurt!” Khun exaggerated his reaction. “Ouch! Ouch! AHHHH!” Khun’s feet slipped on one of the steps so Minsun panicly tightened her hold on him, only to realize soon that Khun was joking around when he chuckled at her quick reaction.

“Let me down right now.” Minsun demanded, but Khun easily ignored her.

“Ah, you were so much cuter when you were little,”

His little comment left her blushing, luckily Khun didn’t see that, but he could tell, from her lack of response and her fingers tightening on his clothes.





Minsun went upstairs, straight to her room to get changed while Khun waited at the living room. He even ordered a warm glass of milk for Minsun, and offered to bring it up to her room himself when the maid appeared with the tray.

Khun knocked on her door twice, and then waited for her response. He  pushed the door open when he heard a faint sound from inside, telling him to come in.

“Oppa, you don’t have to do that,” Minsun said from her bed, surprised that Khun brought her a warm drink. She was already dressed in her pajama, her face now clean and fresh from the makeup previously. She was sitting on her bed, ready to get herself under the blanket. She knew that Khun was going to visit her room anyway so she didn’t bother to get downstairs. Only around Khun, Minsun sometimes acted like a spoiled little sister.

“You didn’t eat much before, you should at least have this,” Khun said. He sat at the edge of her bed, pulled her hand and handed her the warm milk.

Minsun took a sip on it before she put the glass in her bedside table, just to make him feel good.

“There, I already had the milk. You can go home now. Thank you for everything today,”

Khun laughed at her, being stubborn as ever.

“Before I go, I’d like to ask you a favor.”

“What is it?”

“Miss Seo Minsun… If  you don’t mind, is it possible for you to stop keeping things to yourself? I’m right here, you know? Don’t let things bottled up, don’t get too stressed, and never miss your meals, understand?” Khun said with a pretend naggy tone in his voice. He grabbed the top of her head and shook it a bit, which annoyed the hell out of the younger girl.

“Oh, stop it!” Minsun peeled Khun’s hands off her head and pouted.

“Just look at you. Why didn’t you tell me about Joongki? And tonight you can’t even stand properly. Do you know how worried I am? Out of everyone I’m sure it isn’t difficult for you to talk to me but you kept everything to yourself.” 

“Can you stop treating me like a little girl? I don’t need to be piggybacked, I’m not six anymore you know?”

Khun sighed, frustrated at her stubbornness. “This girl,” he paused to take a deep breath. “No, you’re wrong. You are a little girl. You always will be. I’m your oppa, and you will always be my little girl.”

This time he gently pat her head, and caressed her slightly pink cheeks. Minsun had always been stubborn and headstrong even though she might not look like it. Ten years ago, she had said the same thing, ‘Don’t treat me like a little girl!’, but she was only seven at the time. 

Khun smiled at her, but she held her head low, trying to hide her flushing cheeks. To be honest, she like it when Khun treated her nicely, but she knew that the way she felt towards him was different from the way he felt towards her. She didn’t want to be too nice or too close with him, because she was afraid that she might hurt him, the way she hurt Taecyeon. Afterall, Nichkhun was one of the most precious people to her.