Chapter 26

If We Are Meant to be Together

Coach Cho took Gohee to the nearest hospital immediately after she passed out. Jaebum and Taecyeon followed him along, while the rest was told by the coach to get home as usual, and that he will update them on Gohee that night. Minsun who had been watching quietly from the side quickly held a cab and rushed to the hospital not long after they left. Now she was waiting along with them, but not together. When she arrived, for some reason, she couldn’t find the courage to bring herself inside. She couldn’t stop thinking how did everything gone wrong once she stepped into their lives. She messed up everything to the point that there was nothing she could do to fix it and now she didn’t even have the courage to show her face in front of them. And she thought she deserved it.

It had been a little over an hour since Minsun stood alone at a corner nearby the main entrance. She still hadn’t seen Jaebum, Taecyeon or Coach Cho ever since they went it. As the clock ticked away, she grew more and more nervous, her heart beating faster and faster to the point she couldn’t even breathe properly. As she watched people rushing in and out with bloody bodies on the stretcher, she began to wonder if something that bad happeend to Gohee, but then quickly pray that such thing didn’t happen.

And then suddenly, Minsun saw a pair of couple rushed through the main entrance with a worried look on their faces. Their familiar faces. They were Gohee’s parents, and her heart began to race faster. Soon after Gohee’s parents went through the glass door, Minsun followed suit. She followed their every steps as they took turns into the emergency room, and then she stopped in her tracks again as she saw Coach Cho, Jaebum and Taecyeon waiting outside the emergency room, but none of them realized her presence because she was slightly hidden behind a wall right before the corner towards the emergency room. There was a guy in a white coat there, holding onto a clipboard with a piece of form in there. He immediately handed the clipboard to Gohee’s father and began to say something. In the middle of the quiet hallway, the doctor’s calm voice was loud and clear.

“Your daughter, Mr. Kim, just had a attack. Her life is in great danger right now, and I need your approval for me to perform an immediate surgery on her.”

Behind the wall, Minsun could hear Gohee’s mother breaking down, and Jaebum’s soft voice trying to calm her down and teling her to have a sit. Meanwhile, Mr. Kim stayed calm and tried to choose wisely. The doctor explained that it was unusual for someone so young and healthy with no family history of to have a attack. It was probably brain aneurysm, and the doctor advised Gohee’s parents to allow them to do the surgery for it was the only immediate option available for a higher chance of Gohee to survive, but there was no guarantee that she could have full recovery in the future.

With some encouragement from Coach Cho, Mr. Kim finally put down his signature in the form handed by the doctor just now, and within seconds, a trolley rushed out from the emergency room. When it passed by Minsun, she realised that it was Gohee there, lying unconscious on the trolley. Her parents called her name over and over again as they followed the trolley along the hallway, moving towards the operation hall. Jaebum tailed them from behind and so did Coach Cho and Taecyeon, but Taecyeon paused when he realised someone had been standing there, watching behind a wall they passed by just now. When he turned around, he was shocked to see Minsun there, watching him like a scared little child who had lost her way.

He slowly made his way towards her.

“Minsun, you’re still here?”

Minsun nodded, and then stared at the floor. Taecyeon tilted his head a bit to look at her face, and her lips looked pale, almost blue. He instinctively reached for her hands; she was surprised and tried to pull back her hands, but his grip was firm, and warm.

“God, you’re freezing!” He almost shouted at her. He put her fingers together in his hands and blew warm air into it. And then he gently rubbed her fingers with his repeatingly until her fingers were warm again.

“Have you been waiting outside this whole time?” Taecyeon asked, this time he sounded gentler.

Minsun nodded weakly.

“Minsun, you look tired,” he said. “Let me send you home.”

“I want to wait…”

Taecyeon shook his head. “You look tired. You need some rest first. And what about halmeoni? She must be worried. I’ll send you home, okay?”

Minsun looked down without saying another word. Her expression didn’t seem like she agreed to him, but she admitted that Taecyeon was right. In the end, Minsun decided that she should be home right then. She kept saying that it was okay for her to go alone, but Taecyeon insisted he sent her right to her doorstep.




They took the bus together, and Minsun had been lost in thoughts throughout the travel to her home. It took about 40 minutes before they took off from the bus at the neighborhood. After they finally arrived in front of Minsun’s grandmother’s house, they both stood silently in front of the gate, not knowing the right thing to say, especially after everything that had happened.

Minsun especially looked troubled.

“Sunbae,” she said softly. Warm air escaped her lips, turning into white smoke in the air.

Taecyeon shook his head. Silently telling her that she didn’t have to explain anything, because he understood. He wished she wasn’t being too hard to herself. Minsun was about to say something but Taecyeon gently patted her head.

“Don’t think too much. And don’t blame yourself either, because it’s not your fault.” He said softly, perfectly understanding her mind.

His words made her felt a bit better, but she was still worried about Gohee and Jaebum. Gohee had always been one of the few people who was closest to her, and Minsun didn’t want to ruin the trust Gohee had in her.

“Get in now. It’s cold out here.” He smiled weakly.

Minsun walked towards the doorstep in heavy steps. She turned around right before she opened the door, and saw Taecyeon still watching for her outside the gate, with a concerned look on his face. He smiled at her again as if telling her that everything will be okay before Minsun finally entered her house.

When the door was closed, Taecyeon heaved a sigh as he rubbed his arms up and down. The fact that Minsun had been harboring her feelings on his bestfriend hit him hard, it almost felt like he was dreaming, as if his heart was crushed all over again, but he knew that Minsun was having way harder situation right now. Her unrequited feelings, a failed relationship, and parents who refused to understand her. If only, if only it was possible, right now he wanted to be with her the most, and made her understand that none of these were her fault.

Minsun was expecting her halmeoni in the living room, watching evening daily drama while doing her wonderful flower stitches, but she wasn’t there. As quiet as she could, Minsun pulled open the door to her grandmother’s bedroom, and found her halmeoni, lying down on her right side, sleeping peacefully on the mattress. She must have been really tired or feeling a bit unwell to go to sleep this early because she usually would stay up until Minsun got home. Silently, Minsun lied down behind her grandmother, and closed her eyes as she inhaled the faint flower scent of her grandmother. And she finally felt a little peaceful.






8.00 a.m.

Gohee’s surgery was successful, but it had been two days since that and she hadn’t gain consciousness yet. Minsun haven’t talked with any of the basketball team member, isolating herself from them again. At times like this, she was just so scared of everything that she felt like locking herself up in her room and never go out but she had been silently visiting Gohee, as in never letting her parents that she came to visit. When there some people from the school came visiting, Minsun just waited outside, observing them. Minsun did talk about what happened to Gohee with her grandmother but she didn’t tell the whole thing, especially the part that Gohee heard about her crush on Jaebum right before she passed out.

Today was Sunday, and Minsun came to the hospital again. The place was quiet and cold as always, and for some reason Minsun harbored a little bit of hate towards the building. She herself thought that was childish, but she couldn’t help it. In ordered, graceful steps of a child raised with a strong belief in etiquette and well-manners, Minsun headed towards Gohee’s room but was surprised as soon as she pushed the door open only to find an empty bed. The bed was still a bit messy, but the room was empty from any personal belongings. For a quick second Minsun almost smiled with joy thinking that Gohee was released from the hospital, but then, it had only been two days since the surgery so that seemed impossible.

“Are you Kim Gohee’s friend?”

Minsun turned around and saw a young nurse coming into the room with a sanitary trolley, a sign that she was going to clean the room.

“Yes, I am.”

The nurse smiled a little, but she looked sorry.

“Earlier this morning, the doctor confirmed that Gohee fell into coma. She was immediately transferred to the Intensive Care Unit,”




The young nurse’s statement earlier had left Minsun speechless, and she hadn’t said a word until now as the young nurse showed her to Gohee’s room. The young nurse understood at Minsun’s reaction and didn’t say anything extra other than the rules and caution on visiting and ICU patient.

When they arrived, someone else was already in the room. Minsun could clearly see him from the wide glass window of Gohee’s room, and he was none other than Jaebum. He was sitting silently by her, watching her unmoving body as he gently wrapped his fingers around hers.

“He came here very early, and had been watching over Gohee while her parents go back to bring over a few things I think.” The nurse explained. Soon after that, she told Minsun that she had to leave for other tasks and Minsun thanked her. Minsun quickly looked at Jaebum again. This time he pulled out a handkerchief, a white handkerchief, framed with pink lace, and tied it on her wrist.

And then Minsun realized that today was the starting point of the Christmas Cup, which was a bigger goal than the Summer League. Today was the day that Gohee supposedly came to watch for the match, root for the school team, and tie another handkerchief of hers on Jaebum’s wrist, but today, Jaebum returned her handkerchief to her.

“Wish me luck, Kim Gohee,” he whispered and kissed her hand.

Minsun read his lips as they curved into a light smile, but his eyes were filled with so much pain. Sensing someone watching, he looked up that instance, and their eyes locked. He looked surprised at first, but quickly smiled at Minsun. Jaebum got up and adjusted the blanket on Gohee for a bit before he stepped out.

“Hey,” he said first.

Minsun bowed her head towards him.

“If you’re already here, I’m sure you know about Gohee’s condition now.”

“Yes, I do,” Minsun replied in an audible whisper.

And then Jaebum looked into the glass window and watched Gohee in her deep slumber. She looked so peaceful, it almost felt like she was only sleeping, and in any second she might wake up and smiled when she saw him standing there. But those were all wishful thinking. Nobody knew when she will wake up, if she ever would, and it was unlikely for her to wake up in the nearest time.

“In another hour, the match will begin. Actually I’m supposed to be there already, but Coach Cho is being a bit lenient to me.” He said calmly.

“Sunbae, I-” Minsun had to swallow a gulp which made her words stuck in , “I need to talk to you,”




Minsun led Jaebum to a quiet corner nearby the lift lobby. People rarely passed by the area, which was a little secluded. Even sounds from the lift lobby sounded muffled. Jaebum waited quietly behind Minsun after she paused her steps. When she turned around, Jaebum’s eyes widened when she suddenly dropped to her knees and looked up at him with teary eyes.

“Minsun, what are you doing?” Jaebum quickly reached for her, trying to pull her up again but she stubbornly slapped his hands away before she hung her head in shame. Jaebum took step back and watched her helplessly.

“I’m sorry.” Minsun said.

“Minsun, you… I don’t think you have anything to be sorry about,”

“I’m sorry,” she repeated with tears streaming down her cheeks, “I’ve always thought that you and Gohee unni belong together, I should have never keep any feelings towards you. I swear I never meant anything bad for you or Gohee unni. I’m sorry,”

“Minsun, you’re not making any sense.” Jaebum shook his head. “I should be the one who apologize. I never realize that you actually have feelings for me. We should have talked about this matter and make everything clear. Minsun, please get up, I’m sorry,”

“But it was my fault that everything had come to this.”

“That doesn’t make sense at all. You’re thinking too much. Minsun, you need to pull yourself together. Please get up, Gohee will be so mad at me for letting you kneel to me,” Jaebum smiled a little. This time, he reached for her arms again, and Minsun let him. She slowly stood up as Jaebum watched. He sighed looking at her red knees.

“I… I don’t know what to do… I don’t know why all these happened, and I don’t know how to make it better,” Minsun said.

“Nobody does either, but it’s okay, Minsun. I’m sure everything will be okay. I have to believe that she will be okay, I have to, or I’ll go crazy. Let’s just pray, and do our best.” Jaebum told her. Minsun nodded weakly.






Jung Jihee Residence
12.00 p.m.

Khun waited outside the room nervously. Just now he was told to look for Minsun, and fetched her to her actual home. Her mother had just came back for an oversea business trip, and now she wanted to talk to Minsun about the ‘event’. The one said ruined by Jung Jihee’s daughter before she fled outside with a boy a week ago. He knew about Gohee and Minsun’s breakup just now, and he was worried that she still had to face her mother when the latter was in a bad mood.




“I am so disappointed in you, Minsun.” Jihee stared outside the full-height window behind the desk of her home office. She sighed and shook her head, while Minsun stood in the middle of the room, staring at the deep green carpet. Jihee turned around to look at her daughter’s face, but Minsun couldn’t bring her eyes up. She was raised like that. In her mind, a rule was deeply engraved since she was small, that her mother was her everything, her God, that going against her wishes was a deadly act.

“Look at me, Minsun.” Jihee ordered, her voice stern, sharp and cold like ice.

Slowly, Minsun looked up. She didn’t exactly looked scared. The recent happening with Gohee and Taecyeon hadn’t even fully sink in yet, and she had to deal with this, something she regarded not worth the time for. But that was not the case with her mother.

“What were you thinking?” Jihee asked.

“I-”

“Don’t answer me!” Jihee’s voice raised, and then back at her previous tone. “You were there to represent me, Minsun. Believe it or not, but people start to pay attention to you, that people start to recognize you as my daughter. And what you did back then was-” Jihee shook her head as she put her face in her palm in regret.

“And it was Khun’s mother’s event that you ruined! Out of all people, my closest friend!” Jihee added, not intending to give Minsun the chance to explain herself, because all she wanted right now was to release her anger, and made Minsun regret what she did almost a week ago. Minsun knew that well and so played her part well just so her mother would calm down quickly.

“Who was that boy?” She suddenly asked again, this time demanding the answer.

“Boy?”

“Don’t play stupid with me! The boy who dragged you out of there, who was it?”

Minsun hesitated. If she told her his name, what would her mother do to Wooyoung? Minsun finally felt a little scared.

“Are you dating him?” Jihee looked even angrier when she thought about it.

“No.”

“Don’t lie to me!”

“I’m not lying, mother. He was just a friend who happened to be there,”

“What about that tall boy who came with Khun last time?” Jihee referred to Taecyeon whom she met when visited halmeoni last time.

“He was a friend too,” Minsun ached a bit at the fact she blurted with her own mouth. Taecyeon was a history she wished she could forget. By far it was the worst thing she had done to a person, but if that was her sin, than she should take the punishment by living with the guilt.

Jihee siged again and took a seat by her desk. “You know what? All these happened because you keep dwelling with those kids. I always tell your grandmother to send you to a good school, but she never listens.”

“Halmeoni has nothing to do with this. She’s very caring and kind to me.” Minsun rebelled, as subtle as she could manage. She could tolerate whatever Jihee said or wanted, but not when she kept blaming her grandmother. Halmeoni was everything Minsun had in this world, without her Minsun has nothing and the fact that Jihee tried so hard to keep halmeoni away from her daughter was just unacceptable to Minsun.

“Are you talking back to me?”

Minsun sealed her lips.

“Are you, Minsun?”

“Yes, I am.”

Jihee shook her head, unable to believe the words coming out from her daughter who used to very well-mannered and obedient, and look at what had got into her. It was all her mother’s fault, Jihee thought. She should have just sent Minsun to a good boarding school when she left to work overseas.

“That’s it. You’re going to another school, the best one in this country and you’re not going to live with that old woman again!”

“Mother!” Minsun’s eyes widened at the sudden decision.

“I don’t see any benefit if you keep living the way you are right now. Look at you! You’re not progressing in your social life, you’re taking these lowly people as your friends, your attitude is degrading and what next? Your result dropping?”

“You know that is not going to happen. I’ve been maintaining my spot at the top all these years. Besides, there’s only a year left in high school, can’t I just finish it there, mother?” Minsun softened her tone, hoping her mother would towards her pleading too.

“I can’t dear. I’m not convinced, with the environment you’re putting yourself in right now, I just don’t see a bright future.”

“Mother, they’re all my friends. They never intend on doing anything bad to me, and I promise you that I’ll graduate as the best student if that’s what you want.”

“No, Minsun. Please, listen to me. I’m your mother, I know what’s best for you. Right now, what’s best for you is to stay with me, and go to a better school. Be friends with better, nicer people, okay? Don’t go to school tomorrow. I’ll send people to arrange your school change.”

“Mother, please! Can’t you let me do what I want for once?”

“Minsun, you’re too young to understand!”

“Mother, I can’t, please,”

“Oh, Minsun.” Jihee left her desk and went to her daughter and placed a firm grip on Minsun’s arms.

“I’m begging you. Please,” Minsun pleaded again.

“Minsun, I’ll make this clear for you. I just don’t see any reason to let you stay in that school, so even if you feel like dying, I’ll never let you stay there. Tomorrow, tomorrow will be the last-”

“If I really have to leave…” Minsun paused, looking for a reason for her to stay, at least until Gohee woke up, but she wasn’t sure how long that would take. “Give me until Christmas. Please?”

Jihee sighed. “Why is that?”

“Well, I… I want to at least finish the Christmas Project at the shelter home with Gohee unnie. Can I?”

Jihee nodded in acknowledgement. Well, at least it wasn’t because she wanted to celebrate Christmas with those kids from Miryung High.

“Until Christmas. Fine. Exactly 26 days from now on, but after that, you’ll have to do whatever I say. Get ready for dinner tonight. We need to apologize to Mrs. Horvejkul for her event that you ruined.”

Jihee walked towards the door, leaving her office. Minsun sighed, not out of relief, but out of fatigue. She stared blankly ahead, dazed. Of course. She should have seen this day coming. That was why she shouldn’t make friends. That was shy she should have stayed quiet and not talk to anybody at school. She thought she was scared that she might hurt people by betraying their their loyalty, that might be true but then, it might also just an excuse she made because she was just afraid of separation, and the loneliness that came after it.

“Minsun!” Khun rushed towards her and held her shoulders firmly.

“Minsun, are you okay?” Khun gently cupped her pale face with his hands and pushed her face up so he could check on her. She wasn’t crying, but she looked dreaded.

“Oppa,” she replied, her voice barely audible. She didn’t expect her body to react like this herself. She suddenly felt so weak she couldn’t even talk. As if the room was spinning, Minsun lost her balance and leaned towards Khun. Khun held her body firmly and became worried at her condition.

“I think we need to get you checked. I’ll call your-”

“No, please…” Minsun pulled whatever strength left in her together and tried to not make Khun worried. “I just… need a little rest. Can you bring me to my room?”

Khun nodded and then helped her way out.




Minsun opened her eyes after sleeping for a while. At least she no longer felt so depressed about leaving Miryung High and her grandmother, even though the fact that she had to still felt like a dream; a nightmare more likely. And then she blinked a couple of times and looked to her side, and saw a guy crossing his legs on a couch next to her bed, reading a book.

“Khun oppa?” Minsun called softly.

“Oh, you’re awake.” Khun put down the book on the side table and then leaned closer to her. “How are you feeling now?”

“What’s the time now?”

Khun took a glance on his watch, “It’s 5.30 now.”

“You’ve been here since then?”

Khun smiled. “Just lie down. I’ll bring you something to eat.”

“But we’resupposed to have dinner together, with your parents.” Minsun forced herself to get up. She still felt a bit weak, but she felt better now. Sitting quietly and finish her meal won’t be a big deal.

“I’ll tell your mother that you’re not well today so why don’t you just lie down?”

“No. I need to get on her good side for now. I’ve upset her enough.”

“Minsun. Do you mind telling me what happened? Maybe I can talk to your mother about it.”

“I’ll have to leave Miryung soon.”

Nichkhun stared at her wide-eyed. “Is she serious?”

“Yeah.” Minsun said, half-sighing. “I guess it’s better to listen to her for now,” She pulled her blanket away and was about to get up but Khun stopped her.

“Are you sure?”

“It’s okay, oppa. This is something I have to go through. Maybe someday she’ll understand me,” Minsun left her bed and walked towards her walk-in closet. She left the door opened so they could converse comfortably while she picked out clothes she would be wearing tonight.

“Minsun… Are you sure?” Nichkhun asked again to make sure. After all, Minsun was having a hard time right now. Her mother had been interfering between her and her grandmother these days, and Gohee was unconscious at the time. Minsun seemed too calm and accepting. It was bothering him that she acted like everthing was okay when she almost passed out just now.

“Oppa, she’s serious. Everything’s decided. So,” she smiled a little, signaling him that she would be okay, “If you could excuse me, I need to get ready for the dinner.”

Khun stared at Minsun helplessly, and then decided that maybe this was not the time to push the matter further. They should talk again later. As he walked towards the door, he said, “I have to warn you though. Joongki will be joining the dinner tonight.” He leaned at the doorframe before exiting, waiting for Minsun’s reply.

“Joongki?”

“The guy who hit on you in the launching event, the same guy who drugged me in the party last summer,”






The fact that he was such a spoiled boy who only partied every night added to Minsun’s hate towards this Joongki boy. But of course, she could do nothing but suppress the feeling when she was on the dinner table. She tried her best to please her mother by keeping a smile on her face, speak politely, and agree to whatever her mother was talking about. But she couldn’t bring herself to smile at the big ert called Song Joongki across the table, so Minsun either stared only at her food or keep conversing with the ladies. If she ever set her eyes on him, she might not be able to stop herself from telling him to get lost.

“I can’t believe how can Minsun let go the chance of getting to know such a fine boy like you,” Jihee laughed softly, along with Joongki.

“It’s fine, really,” he said, “I always thought girls who are feisty like her very attractive,” he said, looking at Minsun.

“Oh, dear,” the ladies cooed the obvious firting excitedly and laughed amongst them.

All Minsun could do was to fight the urge to roll her eyes with a gentle smile.

“Minsun, you have to becareful though. He’s such a smooth talker, all the girls are crazy for him!” Joongki’s mother playfully warned, which sort of gave a nauseatic feeling  to Minsun. As in, was she actually proud of that?

“I’m not worried though. He’s not my taste ,” Minsun replied as gentle as she could. Jihee smiled awkwardly at her daughter’s blunt remark, the other ladies’ weren’t  too sure how to react to her as well but they laugh unsurely anyway.

Khun quickly jumped in to save the boat, “She’s a heartbreaker, Mrs. Jung. She broke mine. You might be next, Joongki.” Khun said lightheartedly and made everybody laughed again.

Minsun prayed so hard so that this dinner would pass by in a flash.




Jihee was in a good mood since Minsun had been listening to her and behaved during the dinner, so she agreed when Minsun requested that she dropped her at her grandmother’s home. After arrived at the humble neighborhood, Minsun didn’t enter the house, but decided to take a walk instead. She walked towards the main road and stopped by the playground, to find a boy dribbling on his basketball around the small court.

He jumped slightly and then threw the ball in the loop, his cold sweat splashed into the air. His heavy breathing resolved into white smoke in the cold nights, as autumn nearing its end. The boy watched as the ball fell from the loop and then rolled away until it stopped at a pair of feet.

He looked up and their eyes locked.

A long moment of silence went on as Minsun stared into Wooyoung’s, not sure if she should say hi, or if she should say anything at all.

Wooyoung realized that she was in a nice dress underneath her Burberry jacket, the kind she wore in that event that he ruined. She was probably from one of those events where all the rich and famous people go to.

“What are you doing here?” Wooyoung asked finally, feeling rather awkward looking at each other like that without saying anything. Besides, he thought the silent moment went on for too long that he missed the chance for a casual ‘hi’ anyway. However, he wasn’t sure how to act in front of her since the last time they talked was before Gohee passed out, and it wasn’t a good conversation he recalled.

Minsun herself was at lost for words. She wasn’t even sure why she was there, or why did she even bother to stop and watch him playing basketball alone.

And they ended up not saying anything, letting another phase of silent moment passed by without ever averting her gaze from him.

“It’s late. Shouldn’t you be home?” Wooyoung asked again.

Minsun finally averted her gaze and looked at something else on his left. Though it was only for a short while before her gaze re Wooyoung again. In a soft volume, she muttered in the quiet night,

“Do you have money?”

“Huh?”

“I’m hungry,”

Wooyoung looked to his left, where her eyes went to just now and saw a food truck vendor not far from them.




They both shared a meal of spicy ddukbokki, warm soup and a few side dishes. In silence, both focused on their eating. Wooyoung had been eyeing her from time to time. He kept looking at her and each time discovering new things like her polished nails, or her slightly ruffled hair, and the dark circles under her eye.

“Where were you from? With all those fancy clothes?”

“Just a dinner with my mom,”

“Then why are you still hungry?”

“I lost my appetite when she’s around. In fact,” she paused to insert another ddukbokki into , “I haven’t eaten anything since a couple of days ago,”

Or since Gohee was admitted to the hospital, and Wooyong caught that. He was taken aback for a moment thinking how to reply to her. Should he talk to her about Gohee? Or should he just remain silent about it?

“We won the match today. Next week would be the second preliminary round.”

That was right. After she talked with her mother, Minsun almost forgot everything about the school or the basketball team. She forgot they had a match today, but even if she remembered, she didn’t think she could come anyway. She wasn’t ready to show her face to the team. It was too embarrassing for her. She didn’t think she could ever go to the match until Gohee wakes up.

“Are you… coming to the game next week?”

Minsun stopped eating at the question. Suddenly it felt so difficult to push the food down . Minsun forced herself to swallow the food, and fight back the urge of throwing it up. She ended up choked on the food, her eyes started to water and she started coughing. Naturally, Minsun hit her chest with her fist.

“Yah!” Wooyoung quickly handed her a glass of water and Minsun quickly downed the water.

“Slow down,” Wooyoung said gently, feeling bad if he had said the wrong thing and made her feel uncomfortable. He even helped her by patting on her back.

“Do you think… Gohee unni will ever wake up again?”

“Yah, of course she will! You’re not making any sense…”

“To me, her, out of all people to be sick doesn’t make sense at all.”

Wooyoung didn’t know how to reply to her or to make she feels better and ended up being awkwardly silent about it.

“I… I’m sorry…” Minsun apologized again.

“Yah it wasn’t your fault. I… I was s stupid and immature, I shouldn’t have said those words to you.”

Minsun looked at him.

“I know you’re over Jaebum hyung. I just found it hard to accept that you’re turning down Taec hyung’s feelings when everything seems fine between you both. Seo Minsun, if I could help you with anything, just tell me. I’ll make sure that everyone doesn’t misunderstand you. I’ll take back what I said and explain everything to them.”

Minsun was taken aback at his offer. She never thought it was his fault anyway.

“I… you don’t have to do anything for me. It wasn’t your fault.” Minsun started to feel bad at how guilty Wooyoung looked. “I was the one who didn’t think enough before I agreed to date Taec sunbae. If people misunderstood me and hate me for that, I deserved it.”

“Yah, why are u like this? Aren’t you always conceited and confident? I just… I can’t accept you behaving like this.”

Minsun waited for a while before she answered, “Don’t worry, it won’t be long,”