To Wang Zi

Fool's Gold

 

Gui Gui’s POV:

 

“I’m home!” I called as I opened the front door.

“Welcome back!” I heard Mum shout from the kitchen.

I went straight to my room and shut the door.

I gazed up at the huge Wang Zi poster just right above my bed and sighed.

“Wang Zi, what should I dooooo?” I groaned. “I gave my first kiss away to that jerk Aaron and I took the wrong book!!”

The poster, of course, didn’t say anything at all.

I really need to study.

And if I go on the internet, it would just sidetrack me away from maths.

........

Should I go to the public library to borrow the book?

Nah, I can’t be screwed. Plus I’ll probably wander off to the Wang Zi information books or something.

I took Aaron’s other borrowed book out of my bag and looked at it.

Why the heck was he borrowing a geography book? Project? Test?

Meh, we’re not even in the same class for geography. He’s in the same accelerated class as Xiao Jie for geography.

T.T

._.

O.O

I HAVE AN IDEA!!

I picked up my phone and dialled Xiao Jie’s number straight away.

After that, I headed towards my desk and picked up a new piece of paper.

To Wang Zi...

~~~

Aaron’s POV:

I really can’t believe I’m doing this.

But I really need my book back.

I have a freaking geography test tomorrow and our electricity has been cut off for one whole day so I can’t use the internet or anything.

That stupid girl...why did she have to avoid me after school and stuff when I was trying to get my book back??

Does she even know it’s the wrong book!?

I stopped in front of a house and looked at the piece of paper in my hand.

Yup, this is Gui Gui’s house.

I had to ask the principal where she lived....

He kept looking at me like O.o

I knocked on the door, suddenly feeling nervous and a middle aged woman opened the door. That must be her mum.

“Yes?”

“Hello, my name is Aaron Yan,” I introduced. “I’m Gui Gui’s classmate. Is she there?”

“No, I’m afraid not,” The woman replied. “She went over to Xiao Jie’s house to study for a coming maths test.”

“Oh...”

...I am going to kill her tomorrow.

I turned to leave but her mum suddenly told me to come in.

“Ah, no that’s okay,” I said. “I don’t want to bother you or anything...” She smiled.

“It’s alright,” She replied. “You can come in and rest for a while.”

O.o

Okay...

~~~

Gui Gui’s mum’s POV:

 

Awww, young men these days.

Too shy to announce that you’re my Gui Gui’s boyfriend, eh?

I allowed him into our house so he could take a good look at his future wife’s house.

Aaron Yan, huh?

He looks like that idol that Gui Gui always obsesses over...

What’s his name again?

Pang Zi? (Pang Zi can mean “fatty” in Chinese)

O.o

That can’t be right...what kind of idol would be called Pang Zi?

It was something else...

Oh well, doesn’t really matter right now.

I told Aaron to wait inside the living room while I went to get some tea.

Hee hee. Time for future mother and son-in-law to bond~

~~~

Aaron’s POV:

O.o

O.o

What’s with Gui Gui’s mum suddenly letting me in?

I’m feeling kind of freaked out.

I looked around the living room and suddenly spotted a hallway where the other rooms were. At the end of the hallway, there was a room with the door half open.

I could see a school bag and a bed and something else...

It might be Gui Gui’s room.

Hm. If her school bag is there that might mean the geography book is there.

It doesn’t hurt to just go peep into her room now, does it?

I went and opened the door to find myself staring at a gigantic poster with a guy on it.

O.o

WHAT THE HECK!? WHO IS THIS GUY!? O.o

HER BOYFRIEND!?

I shivered and quickly turned to her school bag and saw all these badges with the same guy on her school bag.

What....the....

Is this guy famous or something?

I opened her school bag and bingo! I found the book!!

I took it quickly and turned around again to take a proper look at Gui Gui’s room.

It was...messy. Her desk and dressing table were filled with little figures and bobbing heads of that same guy on the poster. There was even a life size pillow of him lying on her bed!

O.O

Oh man she really is weird.

I randomly opened one of her drawers on her desk that had a sticker of the guy on it.

Huh?

What are these sheets of paper?

I took one and read it. It was a letter.

Dear Wang Zi,

Hello! I’m your number 1 fan, Gui Gui! ^^

To start off with, I really, really LOVE your songs!! I will continue supporting you, so don’t worry!! XD

I go to Sheng Ying High and I’m in my 2nd year already! Year 11! Woo hoo! ^^ Yesterday was your birthday, right? I already celebrated it with my best friend, Xiao Jie. She’s your fan as well but to tell the truth, I’m an even BIGGER fan of you!

Well...there’s not much to say. Even though you’re someone really famous and someone I’ve always wanted to meet and talk to, I really don’t know what to write anymore. ._.

Haha, I hope your career continues running smoothly!! ^^

-From Gui Gui

 

Pfft.

So that guy she has decorated all around her room is some dude called Wang Zi. And what I was reading was fan mail. I took another piece of paper out of her drawer and realised it was fan mail as well.

To Wang Zi,

Wang Zi, it’s your number 1 fan, Gui Gui here! ^^

Guess what? Today this new boy came to my class. At first, I thought he would be someone like you. Nice, kind, helpful. I actually thought we would be a married couple in the future. ^^

Turns out though, despite his good looks...HE’S THE DEVIL. He was really rude and cold towards me~~ ><

So I decided I didn’t really like him anymore. You know, I even gave away my first kiss to him trying to get a maths book from him! >< For the first time in ages, I’m trying to get motivated in studying. It’s about time to since the VCE tests will be held next year.

You know, I really want to become a singer like you and I’m trying hard to get that goal! >< Therefore, I have to get good scores and graduate to a really good university for arts!

When I gave my first kiss to that jerk and ran off, I realised I had taken the wrong book! O.O I had taken some kind of geography book instead! It was embarrassing to see him again after that kiss so I kept avoiding him~~ ><

I wonder if he really needs that book...

Anyway, this is my 105th fan mail to you! Hee hee! ^^ Even though I know you will never be able to read these, I still write it so then one day, if I meet you, you will be able to! ^^

-From Gui Gui

 

....

This one was today’s.

Now I’m feeling a bit curious.

I went to look at other letters buried in her drawer until a voice suddenly interrupted my thoughts.

“Wang Zi is Gui Gui’s favourite singer.” I automatically took some letters and shoved them into my pocket. When I turned around, I saw Gui Gui’s mum standing at the doorway of her room. She didn’t seem to notice what I just had done.

“Ah, I’m sorr-“ I started to apologize but she cut me off.

“Let me tell you why Gui Gui liked Wang Zi in the first place.”

~~

Author’s Note:

:O

Why did she like Wang Zi in the first place??

She has a really big reason why!!

Thanks for reading!! Please leave a comment below~~