The Reason Behind The Prince

Fool's Gold

 

Aaron’s POV:

 

“When Gui Gui was little, she was always close to her father,” Gui Gui’s mother started off. “She was always such a bubbly kid.”

O.o

Okay.....

Why do I need to know this again?

“Oh um...” I said, holding some remaining letters behind my back. “Is that so?” Gui Gui’s mother nodded.

“That was until...her father passed away when she was just 12 years old.” The tone in Gui Gui’s mother’s voice had changed.

I didn’t know what to say. I stayed quiet.

“When Gui Gui’s father passed away, Gui Gui was always locked up in her room,” She continued. “I didn’t know what she was doing all the time and I always sent her lunch to her room. One day, a singer had a concert near our neighbourhood. It was so loud that we could hear it from our house...”

A few years ago...

Gui Gui’s POV:

 

The concert was so loud. I could hear it from my room. I shut my notebook and listened to the music. It was a sad but soothing song.

 

Qing ni yuan liang wo bu dong dou ni kai xin

(Please forgive me for not understanding and pretending to make you happy)

Qing ni yuan liang wo bu dong ting ni de xin

(Please forgive me for not understanding and not listening to your heart)

Hui xiang zhe guo qu wo xue zhe rang ni geng an xin

(Thinking about the past, I learnt how to let you feel at ease)

Bie du qi bie ren xing bie fang qi

(Don’t pretend it’s alright, don’t be pretend to be willing, don’t give up)

Shuo sheng dui bu qi

(I just want to say sorry)

 

After hearing this, I slowly walked out of my room, surprising my mother.

“Who....Who is the singer of that song?” I asked, speaking for the first time in a while. Mum grabbed the newspapers and looked through it.

“Ah,” She said. “Apparently his name is Wang Zi. Why? Gui Gui, do you feel a bit better now?” I didn’t say anything but tears just welled up into my eyes.

That song had felt like a message from my father, delivered by this singer called Wang Zi.

It had completely...known my feelings.

~~~

Aaron’s POV:

“....And from then on, Gui Gui started cheering up a little bit day by day,” Gui Gui’s mother finished. “She started admiring Wang Zi a lot for the songs he sang.”

“Oh...I see...” I said. It was all quiet after that.

So Gui Gui’s father had passed away?

I didn’t know what to say. Why was I even told this anyway!?

“Um...I should get going now,” I said. “I have to go home and study for an upcoming geography test.” Gui Gui’s mother smiled warmly.

“Alright then, thank you for coming all this way,” She said.

I nodded and left.

~~~

Gui Gui’s POV:

“XIAO JIE!! I DID IT!!” I screamed at her when it was lunchtime. “I THINK I PASSED!! IT WAS SO EASY!”

“Great!” Xiao Jie replied happily. I quickly pulled out the Wang Zi concert ticket that Xiao Jie had given me yesterday and kissed it.

Just wait for me Wang Zi! I’m going to go to your concert next week and meet you for sure!

“Oh yeah,” Xiao Jie said, reminding me. “Do you have another Wang Zi fan mail that you wanted me to help you proofread?”

“Ah!” I said, running to my bag. “I think I put it in my bag last night.” Xiao Jie always helps me proofread my fan mail to Wang Zi because sometimes I make terrible writing mistakes. I think she likes reading my fan mail as well. ._.

I rummaged through my bag, trying to find the letter that I had written last night.

....Huh?

._.

Where is it?

I looked through my bag even more and spilt everything out. But the letter wasn’t there.

“Oh mannn!” I hit the side of my head. “I must’ve left it at home or something!”

“What was last night’s letter about, Gui?” Xiao Jie questioned. I looked at her, frowning.

“It was about me meeting that jerk Aaron and thinking he was so cool and stuff at first,” I replied. “And I wrote about....” The kiss.

I clamped my mouth shut, face suddenly going red thinking about what had happened.

“You wrote about?” Xiao Jie asked, obviously interested at what I was going red for.

“N-Nothing!!” I laughed nervously. “That was it...ahhaha...”

She gave me a unconvinced look but shrugged it off.

“I’m going to go buy us drinks from the vending machine,” She said. “What would you like?”

“Oh! STRAWBERRY MILK!” I threw my hand up in the air. Xiao Jie nodded and left the classroom.

Phew. That was a close one.

I hope that jerk Aaron didn’t hear me....

I slowly turned to look at where he was sitting. At lunchtimes, Aaron always seemed to just sit in the classroom eating. He was concentrating on reading a book.

Now...how am I supposed to return that geography book back to him!?

 

Aaron’s POV:

That story that Gui Gui’s mother had told me yesterday was....really different from what I had expected.

Most fan girls would probably go something like, “I LIKE HIM ‘CUZ HE’S HOT.” Or something.

But Gui Gui’s reason was....different. I frowned while reading and bit into my sandwich. Suddenly, I heard a loud voice.

“XIAO JIE, I DID IT!!” I peeked out and saw Gui Gui jumping up and down. Then, she took out some sort of ticket thing and kissed it.

O.o

What...the...

“Oh yeah,” I heard her friend, Xiao Jie say. “Do you have another Wang Zi fan mail that you wanted me to help you proofread?”

o.o

Xiao Jie reads her fan mail?

I saw Gui Gui run over to her bag and rummage through it. She desperately tried to find it but ended up failing.

I grimaced and took the letter out of my pocket and looked at it once again.

No.

I am not feeling guilty.

I just...don’t feel easy, that’s all.

....But Xiao Jie proofreads Gui Gui’s fan mail??

Hmm....

 

~~

Author’s Note:

HHHHHEEEEYYY!!! It’s been a long time!! :D

As my readers should know, school has been terribly busy for me, yes, yes. *nod nod*

I pity myself.

Anyway, the song in the middle of this chapter is actually by Wang Zi and it’s called Dui Bu Qi (Sorry). It’s so calming....

I listen to it when I sleep.

Thanks for reading!!