Confession

Fool's Gold

 

Gui Gui’s POV:

 

“You’ve made me fall for you,” Aaron faced me with a straight face.

Um.

What?

I felt a little happy inside but the feeling was soon replaced by confusion.

“I...I what?” I asked, pointing at myself.

“Do I have to say it again?” He scoffed. “In other words, I’m saying I...like...you.”

I stared back again.

“Huh?”

Aaron rolled his eyes.

“Look,” He said, sounding a bit nervous himself. “Do you like me back or not?”

“Um...” My heart was beating wildly. I had to make a quick 0.2 second decision. Yes or no? I looked up at him and gave him a weak smile. “I’ll think about it.”

Then I ran off.

I ran and ran and ran.

I didn’t know what to think anymore.

WHAT DOES YES OR NO EVEN MEAN!?

Flailing, I quickly stopped at the corner of a random dark alleyway and took a deep breath out.

Aaron Yan likes me.

Aaron Yan likes me!

The fact that this jerk that had annoyed me over the past liked me was startling yet made me feel this little wave of happiness inside.

Did I like him back too?

Why did such a petty little confession make me feel so glad?

My stomach was twisting and turning in little knots as I thought about the kiss he’d given me before confessing.

As I stumbled through the alleyway back home that night, I did a lot of thinking.

 

Aaron’s POV:

 

The next morning walking to school while trying to keep awake was one of the hardest things I’d experienced. I had spent the whole night fussing over nothing and feeling nervous after my confession at the concert and hardly got any sleep at all.

When I walked into the classroom, I noticed Gui Gui and she immediately hid herself with her book.

Without saying anything, I walked straight past her and took my seat behind her. I watched as Gui Gui’s shoulders slowly hunched up to her ears and her head ducked lower.

I knew it.

She probably didn’t like me back the same way I liked her.

She probably hated me from the start.

Knowing this, my heart sank and I took out my textbook as soon as the bell went.

 

~~~

For the whole day, I noticed that Gui Gui was avoiding me. Whenever I tried to walk up to her, she would always quickly find somewhere else to go to.

Xiao Jie noticed as well and gave me a puzzling stare but I didn’t tell her anything.

When the bell went for after school, I sighed and approached my locker, opening it up. Suddenly, a letter flew out and landed at my feet and I picked it up, opening it.

“To Aaron Yan,” It read. “If it doesn’t bother you or if you don’t mind, please come to the school roof after school. I have something I need to tell you. From anonymous.”

I rolled my eyes and folded the note. Another love letter.

I had been receiving a lot since the end of the school year was drawing near and I had more and more confessions from other people.

Instead of walking towards the direction of the school roof, I decided to head out of the gates instead. I wasn’t in the mood to meet the person confessing right now and I certainly didn’t want to reject another poor girl and have to watch her cry in front of me.

I walked on through the school gates when suddenly a voice stopped me.

“Where are you going?” Xiao Jie asked. I jumped a little and turned.

“Home.” I shrugged. “Where else?” Xiao Jie’s eyes slowly trailed down to the folded note I was still holding and she raised one of her eyebrows.

“A confession letter?” She noted. “Did you already meet the person or are you just going to ditch them?” I looked at the letter in my hand.

“I’m not in the mood to listen to their confessions,” I said. “I’d reject them anyway.”

“Are you sure?” Xiao Jie’s eyebrow remained raised. “Even if it was a confession from someone you’d least expect? Who knows? You need to think more rationally in the future.”

With that, she nodded and walked off.

I stood where I was and didn’t move, re-playing her message in my head over and over again.

“Even if it was a confession from someone you’d least expect?”

Without thinking twice, I immediately turned myself around and ran straight back to the school.

 

~~~

When I opened the door to the school roof, I found Gui Gui sitting down near the wall by herself listening to music on her ipod. She looked tired yet when she saw me she immediately took out her earphones and stood up.

“Y-You got here,” was the first thing she said, looking flustered. I nodded.

“Sorry if I took very long,” I apologized and showed her the note. “Did you write this?” Gui Gui blushed.

“I thought about it for a long time.” She replied. “And in the end, I decided.”

I thought about her avoiding me today and my heart sank.

She was going to reject me.

Gui Gui looked up at me.

“The answer to your question last night is...it’s a yes.” She replied. For a minute there, my heart skipped three beats and I looked at her, astonished.

“Wh-What?” I stuttered. Gui Gui nodded.

“Y-Yes,” She said. “I do like you back.”

I didn’t know what to do as a huge happy feeling washed through me and I hugged her tight, not wanting to let go at all.

Gui Gui seemed surprised at first but after a while, she relaxed and hugged me back.

After that, we pulled back and I prodded her on the forehead.

“You’d better not just make me some replacement for Wang Zi, okay?” I said. “And you don’t have to write anymore letters to him. Make sure to tell me everything when you’re having problems too.”

Gui Gui’s eyes widened.

“Y-You’ve read my letters!?” She instantly reddened. “How-How did you...When did you...”

I smiled and ruffled her hair playfully.

“It’s a secret. Let’s go now.”

Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I walked off while she followed me, continuing to question me how I had my hands on her letters.

“How? Howwww?” She asked.

“Not telling,” I grinned.

“Did Xiao Jie show you or something?” She gasped.

“Nope. Oh but you really do need to stop using so much Wang Zi merchandise around your room.”

“Wait, what? Don’t tell me...you were that guy who came to my house the other day that my mum said you were my boyfriend!?”

“Maybe so.”

“Hey! You! Don’t look through other people’s desks!”

I laughed and then turned around, kissing her on the cheek. She jumped back quickly after that, touching her cheek and blushing.

“Wh-Wh-What was that for?” She blinked quickly.

“Nothing,” I grinned, turning around again. “Come on Gui Gui, let’s go home.”

“Alright!” Gui Gui beamed and followed me. As the two of us walked home together, we passed a few old ladies.

“Aww, look at those two,” One of them said. “They look so happy together. They must be a couple.” The other nodded.

“Yes,” She replied. “From the looks of their smiles, I can tell they’re going to be together forever.”

 

~~

Authors Note:

aslkdjfldkgr.

I have officially finished another guilun fic! ; u ;

sorry for the cheesy ending, I did my best. orz

I hope you guys have enjoyed it! ^^

thank you for all supporting me til the ending!

by the way, I’ll be leaving this account since I have another one and I’m hardly on this one anymore. I’ll stop talking so much so just click here and I’ll explain everything. ; u ;

thank you all for reading once again! /bows