The...Date?

Fool's Gold

 

Aaron’s POV:
Oh my god.
That was too close. 
I quickly walked away until I made sure she couldn’t see me anymore and then stopped.
I took a deep breath out and then straightened up again, smiling. 
Nice job Aaron. You did well.
Now I couldn’t wait.
 
Gui Gui’s POV:
 
I skipped to class and bumped into Xiao Jie along the way.
“Ah, Gui. You’re back,” Xiao Jie’s face was expressionless as usual but I knew she was happy. She was always like that, hiding her true emotions deep down. 
“Yep!” I smiled and then took out the Wang Zi ticket Aaron had given me earlier on. “And look what I got!” I grinned at her. Xiao Jie stared at it for a while with her poker face on.
“Wow, where’d you get that from, Gui?” She questioned. 
“Aaron gave it to me before at the lockers,” I said and then shrugged. “He said something really quick about Saturday and then left. What’s wrong with him?” I laughed.
Xiao Jie had a mysterious smile on her face. 
“Are you going to go with him?” She asked. I stopped and looked at her. 
“What?” 
“He gave you the ticket, didn’t he?” Xiao Jie said. 
“Uh...yeah...?”
“That means he wanted you to go with him,” She replied. “So are you going to go with him to that Wang Zi concert?” 
I stared at her.
“This...wasn’t only just for me?” I asked. She rolled her eyes.
“No.”
“Uh...oh, didn’t you also have two Wang Zi concert tickets?” I asked. “I could just go with you instead!”
“Oh about that...” Xiao Jie zoned out for a bit. “They were fake.”
“Wh-What?” I stuttered. She nodded.
“I found out that my mother had tricked me and told me they were real tickets,” She replied. 
“Oh is that so...” I said hesitantly. 
“Gui,” Xiao Jie said. “I’m sure he just wants to be forgiven and plus, he was just worrying about your health.” I bit my lip. 
“Should I go with him then?” I asked. 
“I think you should,” Xiao Jie said. “Think it over or something.” I nodded. 
Later that day, I walked home and thought about it. What Xiao Jie had said was true; I guess Aaron was just trying to help me. Yet I acted so selfish. I sighed and lowered my head. 
Maybe I should....
 
Aaron’s POV:
 
Somehow the days flew by quickly and by the time I knew it, it was already Saturday evening. I checked my clothes in the mirror for the 100th time and took a breath out. Why was I so nervous? Ugh.
I shook my head quickly and looked at the clock again.
It was now 6:50pm. 
Oh my god only 35 minutes left. 
Will it be too early if I go and pick her up now? Aish.
I ruffled my hair in frustration and finally I decided just to go now instead of stressing.
Her house wasn’t that far from mine. It was only a 15 minute walk there. I stared at the front of her door for a while before knocking on the door. 
“Coming!” I stiffened as I heard her voice getting closer. The door opened and Gui Gui came out in wet hair and pyjamas. It seemed to take her mind a while to process what I was doing in front of her door at 7:05pm and then she gasped.
“Ah!” She exclaimed. “I forgot!! I’m so sorry!” I immediately went red.
“N-No, that’s fine...” I stuttered. 
“U-Um, I’ll just get changed right now,” She said, turning around. “Sorry! Just wait a few minutes!” 
“O-Oh,” I said and the door immediately slammed in my face. While waiting, I actually wondered how long ‘a few minutes’ was. 
I stared at my watch and then wandered around her front yard. After what seemed like half an hour, there still wasn’t any sign of somebody coming out. I looked at her little gnomes standing in her garden and bent down to touch them. I chuckled and patted them on the head since they seemed so cute. 
After looking at the gnomes, I proceeded to look at the flowers growing in her yard. 
“Hmm,” I murmured and then smiled to myself. “Sunflowers, roses, violets and daisies.” 
Suddenly the door burst open and I jolted in surprise to see Gui Gui standing in a casual outfit
“Sorry,” She said sounding breathless. “I took a bit of a while, didn’t I?” I looked at my watch.
‘Little while’ didn’t seem to be the right word. She had been gone in there for about 40 minutes already and had only come out in a simple yet cute outfit. 
“Um, let’s go now?” Gui Gui asked. I tore my eyes away from her and nodded as I stood up.
 
 
Gui Gui’s POV:
 
As we walked side by side, I stared down at what I was wearing.
Was this too simple?
I had spent a while deciding what to wear and went through about 20 pieces of clothing before landing on this one. For some reason I had felt nervous the whole time. I lowered my head and continued walking.
“Um,” I suddenly spoke. “About what happened a few days ago...s-sorry for being selfish and making you worry over me...”
I saw Aaron look at me in the corner of my eye and I continued to look down at my feet. I suddenly felt his hand on my head.
“That’s okay,” He said. “I’m sorry for dumping your Wang Zi key chain in the bin.” He looked at my Wang Zi keychain that was hanging out from the pocket of my jeans. “It’s important to you, right?” 
“Ah...yes...” I mumbled. Actually, it was my first Wang Zi souvenir after Dad...
“Ah, I think we’re almost there.” I heard Aaron say. I looked up and saw bright lights in a distance. 
“Wow...” I stared to say.
“We’re almost late,” Aaron said and suddenly took my hand. “We’d better run before they close the doors on us!” 
With that, both of us started to run.
 
~~
 
Yaaaay! I updated! :D
After like, a month OTL
Hope you’ve enjoyed the update! C:
And I’ve already said this in my other story, but I might, just maybe might, deactivate this account after I’ve finished my stories >.<
It’s mainly because I’m starting to neglect this account now and I’m always on my other one called TheBlackRabbit but I’ll see. 
Thanks for reading!