Invitation

Fool's Gold

 

Aaron’s POV:
 
I continued pulling Gui Gui by the wrist as I marched down the hall.
“Ow, ow, ow,” Gui Gui winced. “Aaron, let go! It hurts!” I turned around and loosened my grip on her wrist and she jerked her hand out. Gui Gui took some time to wince and blow on the reddened mark on her wrist.
I hadn’t realised how hard I had held her wrist and studied her bruised leg and arms from the girls before. After that, a long silence occurred.
“U-Um....” Gui Gui stuttered. “About before....w-why did you say-“ I cut her off quickly because I didn’t want to answer.
“Never mind that,” I said, grabbing her wrist and making sure it wasn’t a tight grip this time. “Just go to the sick bay and get yourself healed and cleaned.” I noted the stuff in her hair and marched her to the sickbay. The school nurse wasn’t in so I went through the cupboards in try finding a piece of cotton and towel. After finally finding some, I ran the cotton under some hot water and headed over to Gui Gui. 
I handed over the towel and she hesitantly took it and rubbed her head with it. 
“How did you find me?” I heard her suddenly mumble. I rolled my eyes.
“If you ever want to keep something a secret, don’t tell anyone or leave evidence, dummy,” I said. I heard her sniff.
“Thank you...” She said. I was a bit unused to this since I had never experienced her crying before and I didn’t know what to do so I just gave her a light pat on the head. Then I stopped and my hand slid to her forehead. It was burning hot. 
“It’s cold....” Gui Gui shivered. 
“You’ve got a fever,” I muttered. “Rest here for a while. I’ll go and fetch a wet towel.”
Before I moved, she suddenly jolted up. 
“Oh! My Wang Zi keyring!” She cried and dug into her pockets. She then fished out what looked like a deformed broken in half figure out of her pocket of her uniform.
“Oh my gosh NOOOOOOO!!” She cried in dismay and then tried to stand up but her leg ended up wobbling. She almost fell but I held her up. Using my arm as some sort of support, she limped over to the cupboard and took out some tape and then limped over to the table where she laid the broken figurine.
I watched as she tried to tape the bottom half and the top half together. 
“It’s okay...” She said, stifling a sob. “I’ll just patch you together...and you’ll be as good as new...” My left eye twitched a little. She looked almost pathetic doing that.
“What are you doing?” I asked. “Just get a new one.”
“No I can’t!” Gui Gui said. “I’ll fix this one in no time.” I rolled my eyes. 
“Are you stupid?” I said. “It’s just a figurine! You can get a cheap one at the two dollar shop or something. Just rest and leave it!” She shook her head, her arm quivering. 
Oh god.
I was so pissed off. 
She cared more for a figurine than herself?
“Zhen shi de (translation: seriously)!” I snatched the figurine from her and threw it into the bin. “You’re so annoying! Just go rest already!” 
“Wang Zi!!” Gui Gui cried and went over to the bin. I quickly picked it up so she couldn’t take it back. 
“Jerk!” She yelled. 
“I’m going to call the school nurse over,” I said. “You stay here.” Taking the bin with me, I closed the door and walked off.
 
~~~
 
Gui Gui’s POV:
 
How dare he!?
Such a jerk!
Why would he just take my Wang Zi keyring and just throw it into the bin!?
I stifled another sob but a tear already fell. Moreover, I was feeling dizzy and cold at the same time which made me feel even worse. Soon, the door clicked open.
“Wu Ying Jie,” The school nurse said. “Are you okay? Mr. Yan informed me that you-“
“Yeah...I’m fin-“ Before I could finish my sentence, everything suddenly went black.
When I woke up again, I was at home. I sat up coughing and gazed at the surroundings around me. How the heck did I end up at home? Wasn’t I at school just a few seconds ago?
“Oh, you’re up,” Mum came in with some porridge.
“How did I get here?” My voice croaked out like an old frog and I grimaced.
“Oh the school told me so I went over,” She replied. “Luckily we live close to the school. Your boyfriend piggy backed you back home so I didn’t have to go through the trouble of carrying you.”
 
Wait.
 
What?
 
Mum sighed happily. 
“Such a nice boy,” She said. “I’m so glad there’s finally someone else to look after my Wu Ying Jie.”
“Huh?” I croaked.
“Oh my god you sound terrible,” Mum said, quickly setting down the porridge on my desk. “Have some porridge.” I nodded and weakly picked up the spoon. Mum smiled and then left.
I blew on the porridge and then stared at my Wang Zi poster just opposite me. 
Boyfriend?
Suddenly, my cell phone on my desk rang. It was from Xiao Jie. I picked up.
“Hello?”
 
Aaron’s POV:
 
School seemed to pass by quickly. The bell went for after school dismissal. Everyone packed up and left except me and Xiao Jie. She sighed and turned to me.
“I heard what happened with you and Gui Gui when I called her during lunchtime,” She said. “I understand what you were trying to do but you should really think about her feelings too.” Xiao Jie reached into her pocket and took out two tickets.
I looked at her, not understanding.
“Take these,” She said. “Think it over.” Hesitantly, I reached out and took the tickets from her and read them. I scrunched my nose.
“Wang Zi concert?” I said. “I don’t listen to any of his songs.” Xiao Jie gave me a secretive smile.
“They’re not only for you.”
~~~
“Ge ge,” Min Pei called. “I’ve finished using the shower; you can use it now if you like.”
“I’m going to shower after dinner,” I called back at her. 
“Whatever!”
I sat down onto my bed and looked across at my desk. On it lay the broken Wang Zi figurine that I had later fished out of the bin and the tickets that Xiao Jie had given me.
Her voice rang in my head.
“I understand what you were trying to do but you should think about her feelings too.”
Sighing deeply, I plopped my whole self onto my bed and stared up at the ceiling. The story of Gui Gui’s childhood that her mother had told me suddenly flooded into my head. I sat up and ruffled my hair. What a hard decision.
 
Gui Gui’s POV:
 
I stopped at the school gate and breathed in with a smile. I had not come to school for three days but now I was back and jumping.
I skipped into the school and opened my locker. An arm suddenly reached out and held onto my locker. I turned around and jumped when I saw it was Aaron. 
“What....what do you want....?” I asked him. I still was mad at him for throwing away my Wang Zi key chain. 
“U-Um...” He was stuttering. Why was he stuttering? Suddenly he said something really fast that I didn’t quite catch.
“SaturdayseventwentyfiveI’llpickyouup,” Aaron said quickly and then shoved something into my hand before quickly leaving. I stared after him and then looked at what he’d given me.
My eyes widened to see a Wang Zi concert ticket with the key chain nicely fixed and stuck onto it with tape. I looked back at where he was but he was no where to be seen.
What was that...?
I giggled to myself and tucked the ticket into my pocket.
 
~~
 
Oh my god.
 
 
I haven’t updated this story in two months. OuO
 
I am so sorry TT_____TT
I’ve been busy making posters //slapped 
And omg i made this chapter sound so strange OTL
 
I’ll attempt to update somewhat faster!!