Project

Fool's Gold

Aaron’s POV:

I stared up at the mansion in front of me and then looked at the piece of paper in my hand.

...This....This is Xiao Jie’s house right? O.o

She...she doesn’t seem like the rich type....

Gulping, I rang the door bell which seemed to chime everywhere. The front door opened and Xiao Jie’s face poked out.

“Oh, you’re here,” She said. “Come in.” Turning, she pressed a button and the large white gate in front of me opened.

“Just leave your shoes here,” Xiao Jie instructed as I came in. I nodded and took them off.

“Now you wait here while I’ll go get some tea or something,” She said.

“Oh no you don’t have to...” I said awkwardly. She shook her head.

“It’s alright, I’ll just go get it anyway.” She left the room while I looked around quickly.

Soon my eyes fell on some sheets of paper on a desk nearby and I went forward to look at them.

To Wang Zi,

The first one said.

Ah ha, just as I suspected. Gui Gui gives her Wang Zi fan mail to Xiao Jie to correct.

Knowing the coast was clear, I took out my phone and took a photo of the first letter. After that I removed the first one to take a photo of the second one.

....Huh?

This one is pretty recent........

Carefully I folded it neatly and put it into my bag. After that I continued to take photos of each letter on Xiao Jie’s desk.

“What are you doing?” Xiao Jie’s voice suddenly rang out. I flinched and quickly turned around, hiding my phone behind my back.

“O-Oh, u-uh I w-was just......” I stuttered. Come on, think hard...what should I say?

“C...Cleaning...” I blurted, pretending to wipe her desk. She stared at me.

“Um...it would be nice if you didn’t touch anything on my desk thanks....”

“O-Oh...” I said. “Sorry...”

“Anyway,” Xiao Jie said as she set the tea tray down onto the table. “We should start our geography project soon.”

“Uh...okay...”

Man, this is going to be awkward.

 

Xiao Jie’s POV:

 

As we started the project, Aaron seemed fidgety. I watched him silently as both of us worked out what we should do.

Earlier I’d caught him looking through Gui Gui’s letters.

So he really does have an interest in her doesn’t he?

I decided to keep quiet about him looking through her letters.

This is going to be interesting.

~~~

Aaron’s POV:

 

“We’ve finally finished!” I exclaimed, staring at our completed work. Xiao Jie nodded.

“Indeed,” She replied. I studied her expression. It was more of a blank expression than an excited expression.

I nodded to myself.

So Xiao Jie is a complete opposite of Gui Gui. She’s really quiet and gives me the creeps. Gui Gui is loud and annoying and gives me the different kind of creeps.

Oh which reminds me...I have to get home immediately so I can look at the snapshots I took.

“Well,” I said, stretching and looking at the clock. “It’s pretty late now and I should get home now.”

Xiao Jie looked at the clock too.

“Alright,” She said, getting up. “Thank you for coming today to complete our project. The door is that way.”

Wow...so straight forward....I thought dryly.

I put my shoes on and then headed outside.

“See you,” Xiao Jie said from her door. I smiled at her.

“See you at school,” I replied. Then, a secretive smile formed from her lips.

“Good luck with Gui Gui,” She said.

0.0

“Wait, what!?” I said, but she closed the door on me.

Knowing that she probably wouldn’t open the door again, I gave up and walked home.

Along the way, I opened up my phone and viewed the photo I had taken of Gui Gui’s recent letter. It was a little fuzzy but I could still read it.

To Wang Zi,

You cannot believe what had happened to me today! That idiot Aaron Yan thinks I like some kid in my class and so I made it up that we did to see his reaction.

Frankly enough, he was loud enough to let two passing girls know and I really hate how news travels so fast because it reached the Queenka, Cyndi’s ears pretty damn quickly!

And Cyndi has always liked that kid so she just decides to just go and find my student book and find out my weakness!!

Ugh, I’m really sorry but I feel really angry right now!!

I mean I’ve never learnt how to swim before so then Cyndi just goes and pushes me into the swimming pool and then throws my student book in!

It had taken me ages to get onshore the swimming pool while I almost lost grip on my desk that was also thrown in the water. And my student book also took me ages to dry!!

I will never forgive that stupid Aaron Yan!!

 

I stopped in my tracks and stared at the screen, stunned. Just because of what I had said...Gui Gui had been bullied like that?

A pang of guiltiness suddenly hit me.

So...she wasn’t dating Jiro? A wave of relief rushed over me for some reason.

But still....

I looked at my photo of Gui Gui’s letter.

She shouldn’t have said that she was dating Jiro then. I frowned and re-read the letter.

After that, I snapped my phone shut and continued walking.

I’ve got some business to do tomorrow.

 

~~

Nearly finishing? C:

Thank you for reading <3