Checkpoint

Price of the Deal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After several weeks of practice, recording and preparation, YGE launched the single Lollipop. And instantly it gained popularity in the kpop industry.

'Good morning, daddy YG,' Jiyong greeted YG as he entered the president's office. Few days after the launch of Lollipop, YG summoned Jiyong to his office to discuss how fans are taking the collaboration and the soft launch of 2NE1.

'There you are,' YG said at the sight of Jiyong at his office door. 'Come in and feel comfortable.' 

'Thank you, boss' Jiyong said, feeling a little nervous because it will be the first time the president will take to him after they made the deal. He always had one on one discussions with the president in the past, but those were all about him and Big Bang. 

This time, it's different. He feels like he will get a feedback and evaluation of his performance as a producer of 2NE1. While he knows he should not worry too much because the collaboration is doing well in terms of sales, yet YG can always give you that aura which makes you feel you did something wrong even if you did not.

'I just checked the sales charts this morning,' YG started, 'and I see Lollipop crawling it's way to the top. In my estimate, it should get to number 1 by weekend. Should be in time for the weekly countdown,' he continued.

'Yes, boss. I checked it too, and hoping the same thing,' Jiyong replied in agreement.

'But it's not enough to just sit and wait, Kwon Jiyong,' YG added as Jiyong looked down on his feet.

Just as he thought, it will be very hard to please YG. Being a producer is harder than he expected, especially when he knows that there is an extra effort needed to prove to YG that Dara is good for the group. He needs to show YG that Dara is not only good as an actress, but she can also be a successful singer.

But with YG's remark, Jiyong knows he needs to say something. YG telling him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter