Bliss

Like the Lotus: The Continuing Story

Jan Di awoke the morning after her wedding feeling…blissful. She oriented herself to her surroundings. It took her a moment to realize that she was now a married woman. For a moment, she wondered if it had all been a dream… She glanced to her right to confirm, and Ji Hoo lay there fast asleep. She let out a pleasurable sigh and watched his bare chest rise and fall slowly, partially covered by the loosely strewn blanket. He looked so…beautiful…when he slept. She'd always thought so. She smiled tenderly and began memorizing his face. Then, she reached for him. She hesitated, wondering if she could touch him without waking him; she truly did not want to wake him. He looked so peaceful. Unable to resist the temptation, she decided to risk it and carefully reached out for him. She ran her finger along his cheek and tucked aside a strand of hair that had fallen across his face. She smiled and studied him, pleased that he had not yet woken. She enjoyed just watching him sleep. She propped herself up on her elbow, rested her head in her hand, and continued to watch him sleep, as the events of the previous day and night played before her eyes…

The Wedding

   

 

True to his word, Ji Hoo had gained permission from her father. As expected, her family had been thrilled. She shook her head at the account Ji Hoo had given of going to her father. Her father had hugged him vigorously, and her mother and Kang San had crowded around him, squealing with delight. Jan Di could only imagine his horror, yet he spoke of it with a smile on his face.

Initially, Jan Di's family had been disappointed when she broke it to them that she and Joon Pyo were no longer together, but after telling them that she was now with Ji Hoo they quickly recovered. Kang San was especially excited. He'd always admired Yoon Ji Hoo. He'd already been hinting at spending some time hanging out with his new hyung.

Jan Di and Ji Hoo had decided to get married in the small church where Ji Hoo's parents were married. Grandfather had told Jan Di about it, and when she revealed to Ji Hoo that it was where she wanted to be married he'd been incredibly touched. He hadn't thought it possible, but that had made him love her even more than he already did…

Prior to the wedding, Jan Di and Ji Hoo had once again visited his parents' grave site, and he'd presented her as his bride-to-be. Jan Di had felt even closer to him and to his parents then, and when the wind kissed her face, she felt that somehow they had given their blessing.


The wedding day had been long, exhausting, and perfect. Jan Di had been forced to wake up at the crack of dawn for hair and makeup. Why don't guys have to do this? She'd wondered. While the stylist primped her hair Jan Di dozed in the chair, as she'd struggled to sleep the night before due to nerves. She nodded off once or twice, nearly destroying the stylist's work, and she was reprimanded. She was becoming more and more like her husband-to-be each day… Jan Di's hair was braided and arranged into an elegant bun. Then the stylist started on her makeup. Jan Di felt as though she was going for a photo shoot rather than to her simple dream wedding, but Ga Eul had insisted, "How often do you get married?" She had a point. The stylist smeared a thick layer of makeup on her, and Jan Di questioned whether it was too much. She wondered if she would even look like herself after it was all said and done. She didn't want to be a pain, but she wanted Ji Hoo to be able to recognize her at the altar. So, she asked to make it a bit more natural, and the stylist toned it down to a soft, romantic look. The look on her beloved's face when he saw her made it all worthwhile.


An hour prior to the wedding, Ji Hoo had stood in his white and black tux in the men's waiting area with Yi Jeong and Woo Bin.

"You ready for this, man?" Woo Bin asked, as he lounged casually on the couch in his groomsman's tux.

Ji Hoo nodded. He'd been dreaming of this day for a long time… Still, he couldn't help but feel a bit nervous. It had nothing to do with the commitment he was about to make. Every fiber of his being wanted to make Jan Di his own. It was more about being on display in front of others. He felt relieved that their guest list was relatively small.

"I wonder if Joon Pyo will object or try to steal Jan Di away," Woo Bin joked.

The color went out of Ji Hoo's face, as if he actually believed this could happen. He began to pace.

Yi Jeong shot a death glare at Woo Bin and put a hand to his head and shook it. He mouthed "You idiot…" to his friend.

"Yo man, I was just joking! Just trying to lighten the mood…," Woo Bin defended, turning to Ji Hoo. "Besides, he's dating Alex now, right? And they seem pretty happy, right?" he looked to Yi Jeong.

"Most of the time anyway," Yi Jeong replied with a smirk. "Of course, they do seem to fight and break up every other month or so. They always seem to get back together, though." Yi Jeong crossed his arms.

Woo Bin nodded. "That's to be expected with Joon Pyo's personality. And she seems like the type to not take any of his crap… I wonder if that'll work out."

Yi Jeong approached a still rather shaken Ji Hoo and adjusted his tie. "But it's about you today, Ji Hoo-yah. And there's nothing to worry about. Don't be nervous."

"I'm fine," Ji Hoo replied, "Where is Joon Pyo anyway?" His best man had yet to show up.

"He'll be here soon," Yi Jeong assured.


Jan Di and Ji Hoo's wedding was simple, yet elegant. It was relatively modern with a few traditions being upheld. Ji Hoo had been willing to give Jan Di anything she wanted, but she'd wanted simple. They were both in agreement on that. The small church where his parents were married had been decorated with cream colored floral displays, and the pews were lined with white bows and tulle. The music was performed by a small string ensemble from Ji Hoo's orchestra.

The wedding went off without a hitch. Joon Pyo did in fact show up and played the role of best man with grace and dignity. He seemed to take the whole thing well. Ga Eul and Jae Kyung were bridesmaids. Jan Di had hesitated to tell Jae Kyung about it, feeling a bit like she had let her down in some way, but Jae Kyung had graciously accepted it and had been happy for her. Jan Di had worried about awkwardness between Jae Kyung and Joon Pyo now that he was dating Alex, but Jae Kyung had excitedly told Jan Di that she was now dating someone that she really liked. This made Jan Di very happy.

Ga Eul was supposed to walk down the aisle with Joon Pyo, given that they were best man and maid of honor, but Jan Di had made a switch so that Ga Eul could be escorted by Yi Jeong. Ga Eul had been beautiful in her pale blue simple chiffon bridesmaid dress, and Yi Jeong had been dashing in his jet black tux. Jan Di and Ga Eul smiled at each other briefly in passing, knowing how truly happy they both were now. Jae Kyung was left to walk down the aisle with Joon Pyo, but it went well given that Jae Kyung seemed to have moved on. Ji Hoo stood at the altar with his brothers, Joon Pyo, Yi Jeong, and Woo Bin, proudly by his side.

Jan Di's dress was an organza and lace ball gown with a simple design of crystal beading along the bodice, a subtle lace cap sleeve, and a long train. She walked down the aisle on her father's arm, as he beamed proudly and wiped away tears. Jan Di was grateful that she managed not to trip. Seeing Joon Pyo beside Ji Hoo did not bring the awkwardness she thought it would have, and she focused on Ji Hoo. Their eyes met and locked when she entered, and they smiled at one another the entire time, feeling like the only two in the room. They exchanged their vows before their relatively small group of close friends and family. Then, they exchanged a quiet I love you and kissed for the first time as man and wife.

Afterward, they had a traditional feast of bulgogi, galbi, kimchi, gimbap, and mandu, which Jan Di's family had been cooking for days beforehand. Jan Di and Ji Hoo danced together, as Ji Hoo held her close and they recalled the memories of their other dances. They smiled and laughed along with their closest friends and family and enjoyed the antics of their unique little group. Jan Di danced with her father, who cried like a baby. And then she danced with Grandfather. After their dance, Grandfather smiled warmly at her, welcomed her to his family, and placed a kiss upon the cheek of his new granddaughter-in-law. Jan Di then took turns dancing with F3, including Joon Pyo. Joon Pyo only made one passive-aggressive comment but then sincerely told her she looked beautiful and kissed her on the cheek. Ji Hoo looked on with a faint smile.

The Wedding Night

After their wedding, Jan Di and Ji Hoo had gone home. Ji Hoo had carried Jan Di into his, now their bedroom and laid her down on the bed. They immediately began kissing, but she quickly stopped him, insisting that she needed to change. Ji Hoo didn't seem to care about her attire, but in her mind the t-shirt and sweats that she'd changed into from her wedding dress just wouldn't do. She wanted to impress him.

Ji Hoo had to admit he was nervous that night, both of them were. He wasn't sure which of them was more so. Though, his nervousness likely came from a different place than hers. His anxiety was not due to feeling unprepared for this but because she was so precious to him that he couldn't stand the possibility of harming her in any way. Perhaps he was a bit too overprotective at times. She'd said as much to him before. He'd been exhilarated, as well, and he feared overwhelming her with the strength of years-worth of his bottled desire for her. He reflected upon this a great deal while she changed and he attempted to calm the raging river within.

Jan Di had taken more time than she'd intended getting ready. First there had been the question of what to wear… She wanted to be appealing, but she didn't want to appear like she was trying too hard… After going back and forth, she decided on a baby blue spaghetti strap nightie. Comfortable, yet still attractive, she thought with a nod of her head. She slipped it on and turned in the mirror, contracting her stomach, and pursing her lips at her figure. She sighed and pulled the pins from her hair and allowed it to cascade down to her shoulders. She checked her face, dabbed on a little lip balm, and took one last look in the mirror. She decided that she'd better get out there; she didn't want him to think she was hiding from him…

When she appeared before him, he had to restrain himself from rushing to her. He looked her up and down and simply took her in, and his breathing increased exponentially. He was thankful at that time that she couldn't read his mind. His eyes burned into her for a moment longer, and she averted her gaze shyly. He wasn't sure if the look she gave was due to her own hesitations or due to the possibility that perhaps she could read his mind after all…

She approached slowly, wordlessly, with hands clasped in front of her. He rose from the bed and met her halfway. Without any attempts at conversation, he cupped her face tenderly with his hands and kissed her lips. He ran his hands down her arms and to her waist, and he turned her to face away from him. His hands grazed her stomach and rested upon her waist, as he began to kiss the back of her neck. He trailed kisses down her neck, which she seemed to greatly enjoy, and then he moved to her shoulder, ensuring that he gave attention to each spot along the course.

He'd feared losing control and letting his passion run wild, but his intense love for her was enough to temper that. He treated her gently, taking plenty of time to ensure that she felt comfortable and above all, loved. Knowing full well that he was the first and would be the only man to be with her pleased him greatly, but at the same time he wrestled with being the one to take something so precious away from her. He decided to make his peace with it. He moved slowly, almost methodically with her, but he still found himself checking on her throughout.

She could tell that he knew what he was doing. She supposed it was good that one of them did, but she tried not to think too much about where his skill could have come from. She decided to tell herself that it was all natural. She could also tell he was holding back with her, which she didn't want. He asked her if she was OK and if he should continue, and she reassured him patiently once. The next time he checked on her she responded with a passionate kiss, which shut him up quickly.

He noticed a hint of the same fiery quality in her that night that he'd seen when she first confronted Joon Pyo. He had to remind himself that, though Jan Di was pure and innocent, she did not break so easily. His otter, his lotus transformed into a beautiful tigress before his eyes that night, and he in turn succumbed and allowed himself to be completely free with her. And it felt completely…natural, completely…right. It had truly been more perfect than either had imagined.

The Next Morning…

Jan Di would have been content to stare at him for hours, but she suddenly realized that she must be a mess. She decided to sneak out of bed and fix herself up prior to him waking. Surely he held no fantasies about her perfection, but perhaps she could give him a nice image to wake up to for this morning at least. She looked down at him, and his eyes remained closed. She slid carefully out of bed and tiptoed off to the bathroom, shooting one last glance his way. Once in the bathroom, she pulled out her toothbrush and brushed her teeth. She smoothed down her hair that had gone wildly astray from the night before. All that time and effort that was spent for a hairstyle that was completely ruined the next day! She scoffed. Though, once she smoothed it down and brushed it a bit, it did have a nice wavy quality to it.

Jan Di exited the bathroom and closed the door quietly. She sneaked back into the bedroom. Ji Hoo still appeared to be sleeping. She glanced down and noticed her t-shirt. She considered putting it back on so as not to feel so exposed. She stood before the bed and bit her lip, pondering.

"What are you doing?" she heard him whisper huskily from behind her, his tone a mixture of amusement and affection. Seconds later he'd grabbed her by the hem of her nightie and pulled her back into bed and against his chest. She let out a light gasp, as he wrapped his arms tightly around her and held her there, their faces inches apart. "Good morning," he whispered lovingly and placed a kiss upon her nose.

She smiled and blushed lightly. "Good morning," she replied, with a glance to the side.

"Are you being shy?" he whispered and kissed her forehead. He grinned at her, finding it adorable.

"No…," she defended. He released his grip slightly to allow her to lie beside him and rest her head against his chest. He draped an arm over her.

"Why were you sneaking around?" he raised a brow suspiciously but couldn't hold back the smile that was forming.

"Oh, just didn't want to wake you," she chuckled nervously.

He smiled, as he pulled her tighter and kissed her lips. He ran his fingers through her hair and sighed pleasantly. "How are you doing?" he took her hand and interlocked it with his and placed a kiss on it.

She smiled widely. "Perfect."

He smiled and pressed his lips to hers. "Are you happy?" he asked after breaking the kiss.

Her look was pure sugar. "Yes. Are you happy?"

"Mmm…" he pondered this, a bit too long for her liking. "…Happy doesn't begin to describe it," he finally said.

She smiled and released a pleasurable sigh, as she rested her head against his chest and hugged him tight. He kissed her forehead again and ran his fingers lightly along her arm.

Just then Fluffy leaped into the bed and landed right on top of Ji Hoo. Ji Hoo groaned. "Oh, Fluffy! What are you doing?"

"Oops, I must have forgotten to close the door," Jan Di said sheepishly. Ji Hoo looked at her in mock disapproval.

Ji Hoo pushed Fluffy away, who was eagerly at his and Jan Di's faces. "This is a private party. You're not invited," Ji Hoo said and grabbed Fluffy. Ji Hoo picked up Fluffy and carried him out of the room. Jan Di laughed. After kicking out their rambunctious pet, Ji Hoo returned. He crawled into the bed and straddled Jan Di to give her a quick kiss. "I'll be back," he said. He bounded out of bed and slipped on his shirt and pulled it down over his sweats.

"Where are you going?" she asked, with a slight pout.

"I'll be back," he simply reiterated. He placed his hands upon the bed and leaned in for another quick kiss.

Jan Di lay back down and hugged her pillow. She sighed contentedly and began to doze off. She was stirred by Ji Hoo lightly nudging her awake.

He'd brought back a breakfast tray for the two of them to share, containing pancakes, eggs, sausage, and fruit, which he'd again arranged into a cute face. On the tray was a rose in a vase.

"You made breakfast?" she asked, realizing she must have drifted off for a bit.

He nodded and took a piece of melon and held it out to feed her.

"You're going to feed me?" she smirked at him.

He smiled and nodded, and she opened up. She chewed it. "Mm, it's good." She took another piece and fed it to him.

"But wait, aren't pancakes for when you are sad?" she asked, as he held up a piece to her on a fork.

"Hmm, well I think they can be a happy food now. I like them. Don't worry, I can't even imagine being sad right now," he smiled sweetly. She smiled and kissed him on the cheek and took the bite. He put his arm around her, and they shared breakfast in bed together.


Ji Hoo and Jan Di spent the day just being together. Most of the time was spent sweet talking each other, cuddling, and expressing their love for one another in various other ways. Jan Di was thankful that they weren't leaving for their honeymoon until the next day and of course that they were alone. Grandfather had made other arrangements, and Ji Hoo had given the staff the day off. She liked having the house to themselves for the day to just spend time together as a newly married couple.

"So, what should I call you now that we're married?" Jan Di asked, as they lay interwoven with one another. She'd been wondering about it for a little while now.

"Hmm, whatever you want."

She thought about it.

"You could call me by my name, or you could call me Yobo or Jagiya, or Oppa…"

"Definitely not Oppa," she chimed in.

He recalled her chagrin over Joon Pyo suggesting she call him that and rather regretted bringing it up even as a joke. He quickly switched gears. "Or, you could even keep calling me Sunbae if you want; it's cute, kind of like a pet name from my little otter," he said, ruffling her hair.

"Are you going to keep calling me Otter?" she scrunched her nose lightly.

He gaped at her. "You don't like it?" He almost seemed a bit hurt…

"No, of course I like it…. It's cute, but…there are just so many other things you could call me."

"That gives me a lot of freedom," he laughed. She pushed him lightly.

"Well, I guess we can both think about it, or maybe just go with whatever comes naturally," he said.

She pursed her lips and nodded. "Oh hey, why won't you tell me where we're going on our honeymoon?"

He grinned and gave her a kiss. "Because I like surprising you." He rubbed her back lightly.

"Ohh, but how will I know what to pack?"

"Just pack everything," he replied.

"Everything? Well, I guess it's a good thing I don't have much," she chuckled.

"Don't worry. If we need anything we'll just buy it."

"Listen to you. That doesn't sound like you, Mr. Practical."

"I can be spontaneous," he defended.

"Yes, I know you can be," she said. They exchanged a smile.

"I wish we could just stay like this always," he whispered. She nodded. He kissed her forehead, and they held each other.