The Studio

Dream (Suga Fanfiction)

The doors parted and the first one to step out of the elevator was Yoongi. A logo of BigHit Entertainment mounted on the wall welcomed me. Dimmed blue rays of light highlighted the logo, giving it a pretty effect. A guy in a uniform greeted us with a hello but Yoongi just gave him a nod, I gave him a smile. All the lights in the rooms we passed by were turned off, it was obvious that we were the only ones in the office.

“I’m surprised, you’re actually up to some place you don’t know with a stranger at 11 PM,” He said as he pushed a door labelled Suga. He reached for the switch and turned the lights on as he blocked the door from closing so I could walk in. “I mean, you shouldn’t trust people that easy.”

I stopped and furrowed my brows. “Why? Are you gonna murder me?” I sarcastically asked. I placed my bag on the black cashmere couch and let my eyes travel from wall to wall.

I wasn’t really expecting a clean work place. The walls were white and not one stain could be spotted. A framed picture of the whole boyband was the only picture hanged on the wall, they all looked younger, obviously a pre-debut photo. All of his equipment were placed on two wooden desks positioned in an L shape and a MIDI keyboard sat right beside the desk with the desktop computer. The room was small but it looked too big for the number of furnitures inside it.

“We just moved the office so this one’s still kinda empty,” he said all of a sudden as if he just read my mind. He pushed the door shut and pulled the swivel chair that stood in front of the desk closer to the couch so he could take his seat on it. “Sit,” he offered, but it sounded more like a command so I sat on the soft cashmere sofa.

“Okay so… what are we gonna do here?” I set my hands on my sides to feel the cashmere on my palm.

“I thought I could show you the recording studio, it’s new and it’s awesome. Even I feel excited whenever we have the chance to use it,” he replied. He crossed his legs and extended his arms to reach his knee. “But apparently, they started locking those kind of rooms for some reason.”

I just blinked, not sure how I’m supposed to respond to that.

“I mean, you’ll be recording there,” he explained. He pointed his index finger at the desks full of his recording equipment, “And produce here. So I thought I should show you.”

“Oh,” I answered but with a furrowed brows. “I’d be working here? What? I thought you just want the song?”

“We gotta record it again. No offense but the technical quality of the song is terrible,” he his lips and paused for a moment, trying to figure out whether I was offended or not. “I swear you need to level up your gear.”

It isn’t really offensive. I admit, it had a ty quality. There were too much noise, the bass sounded grungy, and the voice doesn’t sound so clear. It sounded like it was a 90’s garage band recording. I don’t hate it though, probably got used to it since I listen to my friends’ songs with the same engineering.

“Yeah, totally,” I answered, nodding my head and giving him a satisfied look. “I record at home, I use cheap stuff because technically, I’m poor as .”

“I’ve been there,” he replied. He slid with his seat toward shis desk and turned the computer on. “Have you heard some of my songs?”

“Um, I liked Danger.”

“Yeah yeah, everyone likes that song,” he snapped. “But I’m not talking about Bangtan. I didn’t even produce that. I mean the Agust D songs… or you’ve never heard it?” He sneered, his eyes piercing to me.

“A TO THE G TO THE U TO THE STD,” I started rapping, hoping that the expression painted on his face would change. I moved my hands along to the beat that was playing on my mind. “I’M D BOI BECAUSE IM FROM THE D.”

He just scoffed and turned his seat around to face the monitor of his desktop that was already . “You look stupid.”

I pursed my lips. Yeah, I probably made myself look like a fool in front of a famous Kpop star.

“Wanna hear one of the songs I’m planning to include in the mixtape?” He glanced at me as I gave him a nod. “Get over here.”

I pushed myself up from the couch and walked to his desk. He handed me his headphone so I wore it over my head as I looked around for a place to sit. I hopped on the desk, my feet hovering a foot above the ground. A short piano solo started the song before bass chords come in blending with the piano perfectly. It was a slow one, pretty much like the song I produced, and honestly it’s the kind of song I’d fall in love with at first hear. “Wow,” I smiled at him even though his eyes were fixed on the screen, too busy checking his private SNS.

I didn’t expect the rusty and deep voice coming so I was kind of taken aback when he started rapping. The rap was slow and had a rhythm unlike most rappers do. He articulated each syllable clearly and the emotion of the rap was still well-expressed. The rhymes and idioms were on point, the kind of lyrics I wish I could write. He’s the Suga from BTS that I underestimated, he’s better than what most people think and I just wish that people, especially from my scene, could see that.

The lyrics was about a girl whom he found motivating. He loved the fact that she’s way shorter than him so he’d be able to smell her hair whenever. Her hazel eyes were his weakness, and he felt lost whenever he’d stare into it. Sometimes he wishes he could smell her perfume every night, hold her around his arms as they fall to sleep together. But he’s scared he could ruin the perfect thing they have right now, so he just stayed in the corner and just dream for his fantasies to happen.

I learned those things by hearing the song alone. I’m not sure if it was a real girl, or if it was just a story made up in his mind to make it into a song, but every artist has his or her own inspiration and there could be a chance that the song was inspired by an actual girl.

“Wow,” I said once again after the song ended. I took the headphones off and placed it right beside me. “That’s beautiful.”

“I kinda want to revise it, maybe find someone who could sing for the hook.” He swiveled his chair to face me and crossed his arms. That was the only time when I realized that he was wearing a pair of glasses. He looked like the college music professor every girl would want to go out with, even I suddenly found him cute.

“Yeah, that would sound cooler,” I responded as I nodded.

“About your song,” he said as he ran his hand through his hair. “Since it’s gonna be in my mixtape, I’m gonna have to rap on it. Like, you’re really gonna hand the song to me. Don’t worry you’re gonna be credited.”

“I know.” It’s what I really expected in the first place. It would be weird if he just add a song in his mixtape with just me rapping in it and not him.

“But if you wanna be featured, we could totally do that. Eight bars, that would do, right?”

“Yes, awesome.” My eyes twinkled, I suddenly felt excited. People will finally hear my voice and acknowledge my skills. It was a rare opportunity and it was something people won’t have second thoughts about. In that moment, I knew I was moving further and closer to my dream.

“Hyung!” a guy excitedly called, pushing the door of the room. His eyes seemed like two slanted lines as his lips formed a huge smile. When he noticed me sitting in the room, the expression of his face shifted to a serious one. Obviously, he was perplexed. What would a girl do in their office at 10 PM, when all the lights are turned off and everyone’s already home?

Yoongi got up from his seat and crossed his arms. “Why aren’t you home?”

“Um, I practiced the choreography Hobi-hyung made,” he answered. “Why aren’t you home?”

Yoongi shifted his gaze from the guy standing by the door to me then back to the guy again. “This is Yook Ah Reum.” Yoongi pointed his index finger at me. I awkwardly bowed a little to show some respect and greeted the guy. “And this is Park Jimin,” Yoongi told me before keeping both of his hands in his pocket.

“Hi,” Jimin greeted back as he slightly bowed. He shut the door and placed the duffle bag hanging on his shoulder on the floor before letting himself fall on the couch.

“She’s the producer I told you about,” Yoongi explained. Jimin’s expression quickly changed, he suddenly looked excited and glad to see me.

“Ah! I heard the song, it sounds cool!” he praised. He’s kind of awkward but his actions made him look cuter. His smile and laugh is so bright and contagious, and also gives a hint of sweetness. “You know, after hearing your song, Hyung just started shouting in his room. We were all startled, thought something happened to him again.” He laughed as he told the story, as his hands tried to gesture what happened. “When we got to his room, he just declared that he’s gonna release another mixtape. Even Namjoon-hyung was surprised, because at some point Yoongi-hyung told him that he’s too lazy and tired to make another one, and just try to make songs little by little.”

“Really?” I raised my brows as I laughed at Jimin’s way of telling stories. Yoongi kept a poker face across his face, as if he wanted to look unbothered.

I gazed at him, figuring out what made him suddenly decide to release his second mixtape. I was surprised, I was overwhelmed.

“Are you going home?” Yoongi asked Jimin.

“Yeah, I was about to but I noticed the lights here are so I figured you’re still here,” Jimin answered.

“It’s dangerous out there.” Yoongi sounded like a responsible older brother, which I think he really is, yet he sounded colder than how he usually talk. He glanced at the clock, it read 11:40 PM. “Just wait for me so we could go together.”

“Aw, Min Yoongi-hyung cares about me.” Jimin grinned and laughed, making me laugh with him. Although I didn’t really know what type of person Yoongi is, Jimin kinda gave me a clue that he doesn’t usually do kind things like that.

“Shut up and just thank me,” Yoongi said in a cold tone as he passed by Jimin. “Wait here, both of you.” He looked at us before opening the door and walking out of the room.

The room was filled with silence at the moment Yoongi shut the door. I was waiting for Jimin to say a word but he didn’t, he just gave me a smile and started doing stuff in his phone. I remained seated on the desk, I tried to figure out how I’m supposed to go home when there were no busses en route at that kind of hour. I looked at Jimin who was still busy scrolling through his phone and decided to finally say something.

“Do you guys live around here?” I asked.

Jimin looked up to me, he suddenly looked more awkward and shy than when Yoongi was around. “Yes, just a few blocks away,” he answered then went back to his phone.

“How can I get to Samseongdong from here?” I pursed my lips because I thought that it’s kind of an embarrassing question. But I really have no idea how I’m gonna get home so I had to ask.

“Honestly.” Jimin nervously laughed as he ran his hand through his hair. “I don’t know. I’m bad at directions.”

I’m ed, I thought.

 

 

---

It's almost Bangtan's 4th anniversary, that's why I'm posting this. I'm been a fan since their debut but I kind of started lying low because of college. But somehow, watching them and listening to their songs help me get through the ups and downs of being a college student. I just wish them a happier, and more successful years.