The Morning After

Dream (Suga Fanfiction)

The first thing I saw that morning was a pair of bare, broad shoulders. I quickly covered myself with the comforter as my face flushed red; I was scared and also embarrassed for waking up at someone else’s room. Without even examining the whole room, I knew I wasn’t home. I memorized how home feels like and it was nothing like it.

“Are you awake?” the guy with the broad shoulders spoke. I peeked from the sheets and found him towering over me as he put a tank top on. My eyes slowly ran from his abdomen up to his face and I subconsciously swallowed the saliva collected in my mouth. He has a great body, it’s undeniable. But what really caught me off guard was his face. He’s literally the perfect example of a pretty boy. He looks like as if God, Himself, crafted him with His bare hands. I know him, he’s from BTS.

“Oh hey.” He gave me a sweet smile as he watched me abruptly sat up. I tried to fix my hair and made sure I didn’t drool a lot (because I’m an ugly sleeper and my sleeping habits are just really embarrassing). “I’m Jin. Yoongi said your name is Ahreum?”

I nodded as I looked around the room. For a guy’s room, it was extremely clean. The white walls looked as if it was freshly painted. The books and CDs in the bookshelves were properly organized. The silky curtain that was being blown by the air coming in the room looked soft. The room was huge and was divided by the huge shelf. I couldn’t see the other side of the room because of the divider, but it had another set of bedroom furniture and almost had the same theme.

“Doesn’t your head hurt?” he asked. He talked so gently. Unlike Yoongi, his voice is soft and calm. “I made a hangover soup.”

I knew everything that happened the night before. At the moment I opened my eyes, everything already flashed back in an instant. I knew I had absinthe with Nahyun and Dongsun. I knew I ordered cranberry. I knew Dongsun’s card was still in my pocket. I knew I went crazy. I knew Yoongi found me. And I knew I slept when Yoongi told me not to. All those happened in one night, yet my head didn’t hurt at all.

“I’m good, thank you,” I answered. I awkwardly went out of the bed with Jin’s eyes fixed on me. I realized that I was still wearing the shirt and jogging pants I wore that night but the flannel was gone. I reached out for the sheets and attempted to fix them but Jin held the sheets when I did.

“Don’t worry about this, I’ll do it.” He said. I let go of the sheets when he gave another smile. He nodded at the door and continued, “Go to the living room, have some breakfast with your Yoongi oppa.”

I stiffly walked to the door. I wanted to keep my actions as minimal as possible, I do that whenever I feel intimidated. I was expecting to find Yoongi sitting on a couch or on a dining set alone so I was a bit taken aback when I heard someone else’s voice.

“Ah, she’s awake,” Jimin said in a really thick Busan accent. Three guys sat comfortably on the couch with bowls of soups in their hands. They were all focused on the basketball game playing on the huge TV screen across them. But when Jimin spoke, their attention went to me.

“Hyung’s in the kitchen if you’re looking for him.” Jimin pointed the way to the kitchen. I bowed and quickly left the room.

I found Yoongi digging through the fridge. “Hyung, where’s the milk?” He turned to me as he scratched his belly. He pursed his lips and looked annoyed when he realized that it wasn’t his Hyung he was talking to. It was obvious that he just got up from bed. His hair was a mess, his skin looked fresh, and he was still in his black pajamas.

“I thought you were dead.” He closed the fridge and walked to the counter where a coffee maker was placed.

“I’m sorry for the trouble,” I replied.

“I’m glad you are.” He scoffed. He grabbed a bowl of soup that was sitting beside him and handed it to me. “We almost brought you to the hospital.”

“Why would you do that?”

“We were scared you were OD’d.” I watched him get another bowl of soup for himself. “That’s why you shouldn’t do drugs.”

“I don’t do drugs!” I insisted. But I tried to remember the exact things that happened that night and truly, it was something I’ve never experienced before. It was an odd but good feeling. I was high indeed, but I was sure it wasn’t because of drugs.

“You were on drugs, you weren’t just aware,” he scoffed. “You were drugged.”

“WHAT?” I placed the bowl of soup he just handed to me on the nearest table. I almost threw it, but I surprisingly was able to control it.

I couldn’t think of a chance that someone could’ve drugged me. My drinks were always on my hand and I didn’t take any food from anyone. I got there for a few minutes and that happened. There was no way I had been drugged. If I was, then how the did that happen?

“We panicked when you didn’t wake up no matter how hard we tried,” he crossed his arms as he explained. “We thought we should bring you to the hospital because we thought you were gonna die.” He laughed a little, but I just glared at him then he stopped. “It’s a funny story, actually. It was a chaos. Good thing the show was already over so the place was almost empty. We were in a dilemma because we’re damned if we take you to the hospital, and damned if we don’t and you end up dying. We know nothing about drugs and being OD’d so we had no idea what your state was. The only thing we knew is that you were high and you fell asleep. Until one bartender knocked in the room and found us all panicking and he was like ‘It’s no big deal, she ain’t dying.’ Then he told us how stressed you looked when you asked for the drink and he gave you a space cake. You took it, you ate it. That’s what happened.”

I raised my brows because of how talkative he got. He laughed as he told his story, flashing a really cute gummy smile. He talked like he was still drunk, which is his usual way of talking. At first, I found it hard to comprehend but by that time, I got used to it. “Space cakes? He gave me brownies.”

“It has weed, that’s how it became space cakes.” When the coffee maker finishes doing its job, he reached for two mugs from the cupboard. “Don’t get me wrong I know these things because of movies I’ve seen and songs I’ve heard. I don’t do drugs,” he explained as he poured coffee into the mugs.

“Aren’t those illegal?”

“That’s why we didn’t want to take you to the hospital.” He shrugged. “I’m surprised. You’re in the underground scene yet you’re kinda innocent, aren’t ya?” he cooed, kinda sounding like an uncle talking to his niece. He handed me the mug and grabbed his bowl of soup.

As I followed him out of the kitchen with the soup and the coffee on both of my hands, I remembered grabbing onto him when he found me, and leaning onto him just to inhale all the scent dangling in his collar. My face flushed red then I worried about how I’m supposed to act around the boys’ house. It was uncomfortable and embarrassing.

“Namjoon, Jungkook, and you know Jimin,” Yoongi pointed to each of the boys sitting on the couch, with the mug still in his hand. “Namjoon’s probably older than you. When were you born?”

“1995.”

“Yeah, he’s older. And I’m older than you.” He glanced at me then pursed his lips. “You keep on talking to me informally. At least call me Oppa or something.”

I cringed and he just glared at me. I honestly thought he’s just about my age. He even look younger than me.

The boys started screaming then Yoongi hurried to the couch to watch the game with the three, leaving me awkwardly standing with the food and drink in my hands. It seemed like he forgot about me that quick but when our eyes met, he scooched closer to Namjoon and gestured for me to sit beside him.

It was more awkward than I thought. At the moment I took my seat beside Yoongi, I knew I should’ve just left without having breakfast. I’m not a big fan of NBA, and basketball in general, but because of the guys I got carried away by the game. I knew which team to support because I had to join them cheer, and I also knew when to chant “Defense!” They were so into the game that when their betting team lost, all of their mood shifted to 0 real quick.

“I’m so ing done, I’m going back to sleep and don’t ever wake me up,” Yoongi grunted right after they turned the television off. He stood up and stomped back to the room where I woke up, not caring what he actually left on the leaving room (aka the bowl and mug he used, and me).

At the moment Yoongi slammed the door, silence filled the room for a few seconds. Jimin and Jungkook started talking to each other about the game in a really low volume while Namjoon kept his focus on his phone. It was awkward. I wasn’t finished with my soup and coffee and I didn’t really know if I should just go or what.

I couldn’t help but look at Namjoon and study every part of his face and movements. I was sitting two feet away from him but I still tried my best to keep myself lowkey. I’d stuff my mouth with some cabbage from my soup and take a glance, then take another glance as I drink my coffee. I gotta admit, I got a crush on him after researching about BTS.

“I’m not sure what your relationship is with Hyung but that’s definitely something,” Namjoon finally spoke once he caught my eyes. He turned his phone off and turned his head to face me, and all I cared about was whether I look decent enough for him to see me that close.

“We’re gonna work together, if he haven’t mentioned that.” I cupped the mug of coffee with both of my hands just so I could feel its warmth against my palms.

“Yeah, I know.” He adjusted himself to make himself more comfortable as he watched me drink more coffee. “It’s just… he’s not usually like that.”

“Like what?”

“Like… talking too much, letting a girl bother him that much, bringing a drunk girl home, giving up a night on his bed so the drunk girl could sleep there.” He scoffed and shook his head after hearing himself.

From what he enumerated, I knew he was trying to imply that Yoongi likes me, which was obviously impossible. “We just met like a month ago,” I countered.

“That’s something, huh?” He chuckled and his dimples became more noticeable. His voice was deep and his eyes curved along with his lips. I couldn’t fend off the smile that was slightly forming on my lips and I could feel my face turn red.

“Don’t give me the wrong idea,” I replied.