The Flash Drive

Dream (Suga Fanfiction)

“, dude, this is amazing,” Park Dongsun remarked as he listened to the tunes I crafted blasting on his Coloud headphones. I watched the boy sitting across me as he enjoyed my music. He danced to the beat as he made faces expressing how much he’s enjoying the beat. At first I thought it’s weird for him to dance to the song, because it was a slow one, but he dances to almost anything so I just shrugged it off.

Salon de Café was about to close that time, it was already 10PM after all. Who would even want some coffee at that kind of hour?

I stopped chomping on the burger I was having for dinner when Dongsun asked, “Whose voice is this?”

“It’s mine, .” I rolled my eyes as a chewed the lettuce and beef in my mouth.

“So you sound like a dude now?” He replied with a laugh. “Seriously, who’s rapping here?”

“I swear, it’s me.” I leaned on the table to peek at his laptop and check if he was listening to the right song. Well, I didn’t have to check, the only raw music file in my flash drive was the one I just produced. Weirdly enough, when he viewed the folder of the flash drive itself, there were two files; the mp3 file of the song Dongsun was listening to and a folder entitled “Photoshoot”.

“Oh ,” I whispered. “Where are my files?”

“This song ain’t yours?” Dongsun looked confused, so was I.

I shook my head as my hand slowly traveled on my head. I exhaled loudly when I remembered the moment I was knocked over by some guy that morning. I picked up the flash drive on the table of the boy in a white cap… “It couldn’t be his,” I said out loud with a sigh.

“What?” Dongsun asked.

I glanced at the flash drive plugged in his laptop, it looks exactly like mine. I could easily mistake his for mine. I turned the laptop to me and opened the folder named Photoshoot. The folder contained number of images of some boy group.

“Isn’t this BTS?” I crunched my forehead as I go through the pictures. Of course, I know BTS. They are the biggest stars in Korea right now, even in the whole world, I guess. I see their names all over Seoul, I hear their songs everywhere. Sometimes, I’d see a bus with one of the members’ face and even see posters of them in the subway. I don’t really get the hype though, their music sounds so… generic. Whenever I say that out loud, there will always be one girl that will fight me just to prove me wrong. I guess their music isn’t just my type.

On the pictures, all the members are dressed in black suit. Some of them had their hairs dyed in weird colors while some had to stick with the natural colors. All of them had their hair brushed up which clearly showed the features of their faces. I know some of the members since a lot of them appears on TV like V and Jungkook. And of course, I know Rap Monster. He had been in the underground scene with rappers like Iron and i11even for quite some time but ended up debuting in a boy group, and a lot of people hated him for that. I don’t understand it either, in my opinion, he’s really good and deserves a name like Rap Monster so I’m not really one of those haters.

Anyway, as I shuffled through the solo pictures, I recognized one of the member. It’s not like how I recognized Rap Monster, V and Jungkook though. I recognized him because he has the boring eyes I saw a few hours earlier that morning. My eyes widened as I zoomed in and out of his picture, not believing that I just met one of the most famous idols in the world. I don’t know his name though, but I kind of felt overwhelmed because I knew a lot of girls would rather be in my place. Examining the rest of the photos made me be sure that it was him I met that morning.

“You know the name of this guy?” I faced the laptop to Dongsun and without even thinking he answered, “Suga. He calls himself Agust D underground but yeah, little girls call him Suga.”

“As in Sugar?”

He shrugged. “You know that song?” He leaned on the table and let his cheeks rest on his palm. “A to the G to the U to the STD,” he rapped as he waved his other hand to the beat.

“That’s his song?” I asked, adjusting my seat before crossing my arms.

“Yeah,” he nodded. “Why?”

“I don’t know…” I sighed. “I think that flash drive is his.”

At first, Dongsun doubted but when I told him the complete story, he agreed that I could’ve taken the popstar’s flash drive by mistake. The real mystery was where my USB could be. We searched around the store but we didn’t find it. I asked Kihyun if he saw it but according to him, he hadn’t swept and moped the floor since that morning.

“You know what you can do? Sell it to fangirls.” Dongsun grinned as if it was the best idea he ever had.

“I can’t do that,” I gave him a sneer as he laughed at his own business proposal.

The lost flash drive isn’t really a big deal so we didn’t bother looking for it anymore, I could just send the song to Dongsun once I get home.

~~~

I wasn’t surprised when I saw the BTS member walk in the coffee shop. He kept his head low and wore a black mask to cover half of his face. Both of his hands were kept in the pocket of his hoodie as he made his way straight to the counter. It was already 7:00PM so not much people were in the shop.

He pulled his mask down his chin before pulling his wallet out of his pocket. “I’d like a cup of black coffee, venti” He placed 10 000 won on the counter. “And I’d also like to give this in case someone comes looking for it.”

I pursed my lips when I saw my flash drive on his hand. I gotta admit, I kind of expected it would be with him but I still have no idea how he obtained it.

“Um…” he hesitated and seemed uncertain of what to do. He awkwardly looked around before letting out a sigh. “I’m not sure if I can give you my number...” He ran his hands through his hair, exposing his eyes and his forehead. “So you can inform me when someone claims it.”

I crunched my forehead, I was baffled by his actions.

“Okay, here’s the thing,” he spoke. “I want to know who owns this thing. I think the owner will come looking for this and if he or she does, let me know.”

“Why?”

“You don’t have to know,” he rudely replied as if he wasn’t asking a favor to me. Well, I needed to know because I’m the owner of that flash drive. To be honest though, I already assumed why he needed to see the owner of that flash drive.

“What if I tell you I own it?” I kept my eyes on him and then he scoffed. “It can’t be yours,” he murmured.

That was the only time when I noticed a line forming behind him. I snatched the flash drive from his hand but he raised his hand up for me to not reach it. I just sighed, punching his order on the cashier. “One venti black coffee, how do you want it?”

“Iced,” he dawdled, his eyes were glued to mine, I couldn’t put up with it.

“Iced it is,” I replied, trying to look back at him, but I failed. “Please take a seat while you wait for your coffee.”

I handed the receipt to Kihyun who apparently witnessed the whole conversation. I told him that I’m gonna serve the coffee to Suga myself and take a break after the small wave of people on the counter.

After taking the orders of the rest of the people in line, I went to the locker room and took the Bangtan boy’s flash drive kept in the pocket of my bag. I placed Suga’s coffee on a circular tray and brought it to him.

“Black coffee, iced,” I stated, placing the plastic cup full of the dark and bitter substance. I took the seat across him and placed the identical flash drive I picked up a day ago. “I thought it’s mine because it looks exactly like it.”

He his lips, tapping his fingers on the wooden table, his eyes fixed on the thing lying in front of him. “So this is yours?” He held up the flash drive he’d been fidgeting for minutes.

“Yeah,” I nodded.

“Prove it.”

I furrowed my brows. Why is it so hard to believe that I actually own it. “Well, it contains one file. It’s a raw file, a home recorded song.” I paused for a second as we stared at each other. “You’ve heard my song, I suppose.”

He leaned back on his seat and let out a sigh. His eyes were now glued on the flash drive sitting in front of him with his mouth a bit parted. He was thinking, not sure of what but he couldn’t put his thoughts into words so he stuttered when he tried to talk. “I-I thought it’s… impressive.”

I bit my lip, preventing myself from flashing the weird, wide smile I put on my face whenever I feel extra excited. “Really?” was the only word that escaped my lips, I was so overwhelmed.

“What’s your name?” He asked even though it was already on my name tag.

“Yook Ah Reum,” I answered, pointing on my nametag. “And you’re Suga.”

His brows raised and the corner of his lips curved up a little. He didn’t look surprised, he looked proud. “I’d rather be called by my real name, Min Yoongi.”

“Okay, Yoongi,” I awkwardly nodded.

“Honestly,” he said, having a quick look at me from head to toe, making me feel a bit uncomfortable and awkward as I sat in front of him, “I didn’t expect that a girl could’ve produced this.”

Kind of ist, but that wasn’t the right time for me to get offended and educate him about what women can also do. “So you want to know who produced the song because?” I asked, neglecting the ist comment.

“I don’t know,” he answered as he gently played with his hair. “I want the song.”

My eyes widened. That was when I finally allowed myself to flash my weird, wide smile. I couldn’t control my excitement, in that kind of situation, no one would be able to. It was an opportunity I wouldn’t even think twice about. What are the pros? A lot. What are the cons? I couldn’t think of any.

I’m not a fan of Bangtan Sonyeondan. As what I’ve mentioned, their music isn’t my type. Well, most of their new songs aren’t for me but the old ones were actually my guilty pleasure. I used to turn the volume up whenever I hear Danger on the radio, which rarely happened back then, and actually try to rap along. But their sound changed and I just cringe whenever I hear their new songs.

“Really?” It didn’t look so obvious but I was gasping for air. I pretended to act cool, I was calm, but in my mind I was jumping and screaming out of joy.

“I’m planning on releasing a mixtape, probably next year,” he took a sip of his dark and bitter coffee. “If it’s okay with you, I want to include that track.”