The Invitation

Dream (Suga Fanfiction)

I awkwardly took a seat on the passenger seat as if it was my first time getting in that car. I pulled the seatbelt over me as Yoongi did the same. As much as possible, I tried not to look in his direction so I kept my attention outside the window. I didn’t want him to take me home but he insisted. I was annoyed by him after convincing the guys that something actually happened between us the night before. The boys are extremely gullible so he easily fooled them but when he took his words back, their mocking didn’t stop.

“You don’t remember waking me up last night?” He finally spoke after a few minutes of silence in the car. He glanced at me for a few seconds before fixing his eyes back on the road.

“What did I do?”

“You slapped me,” he answered.

I looked at him with my eyes circled. I wanted to apologize to him but he continued speaking.

“I thought you were my subconscious but the slap hurt so bad, I figured it was real.”

“I’m sorry.” I tried picturing the scenario just to help myself remember what I did, but nothing came into mind. Maybe there’s a slight recollection, but it was just me walking to his bed when the lights were turned off.

“I wasn’t wearing anything so I was taken aback, and it was late at night and you’re still in the dorm when I thought you left,” he continued his story. “I was mad at you and you made me feel angrier because I hate being waken up. Do you know what you told me?”

“What?”

“You told me about your new mixtape and how much it makes you think you’re a failure.”

I didn’t really mind sharing my thoughts to him, I even told that to Namjoon. I guess I really wanted him to know what happened so he’d know what I’ve been through. Guys don’t usually take those kind of things seriously, but I’m glad Yoongi and Namjoon did.

“You said you’re sorry for like a hundred times while you cry like a baby. I didn’t say anything because I wanted to go back to sleep right away. So I’m just telling you now that I’ve been there. You’re really strong, even stronger than me that’s why I believe in you.” He briefly faced me just to show his smile.

“I guess I’m gonna add you on the list of people I shouldn’t disappoint,” I quipped. Although I was moved with what he just said, that didn’t really answer the question “How did I end up in his bed?”

“I told you to go to sleep but you said when you were a kid, whenever you get sad your brother would let you sleep beside him so you just laid down beside me. I pushed you out for like a million times, trust me, you just won’t let it go.”

When we were still young, my brother and I decided to watch a horror film in the middle of the night. I didn’t want to watch it but he kinda forced me into watching since he was too scared to watch on his own. I wasn’t a fan of horror films, I hated it. It was only until I got into high school, and had a friend that loved watching such movies, that I got fond of the horror genre. Anyway, the movie we watched scared me so much that it made me cry. I couldn’t sleep and I blamed my brother for that. I nagged him all night until he finally said sorry and told me to sleep beside him so I could shut up. Well, I easily dozed off and that’s when I started to sleep beside him whenever I felt sad or scared. Of course as we grew older, I eventually stopped going into his room and wanting to sleep beside him. So I kind of miss the comfort it gives.

“You should’ve at least put some shirt on,” I muttered but he heard it.

“I was too lazy to get up,” he admitted and then he playfully smirked. “Did you like what you see?”

I felt my cheeks turn red.

“Min Yoongi!” I groaned.

He parked his car right beside the gate. It was kind of odd since he doesn’t really have to park, he could just drop me off then go. We both get off the car, I acted as if it was a normal thing to do. He probably just wanted to see me get in the house before he leaves.

“I’m sorry and thank you for yesterday,” I said when we’re finally in front the gate.

“Yeah, yeah,” he responded as if he wasn’t listening. He was trying to peek over the gate, as if he could do it with that height.

“Okay,” I awkwardly said and faced the gate to open it. He followed me when I walked in and I just looked at him perplexed.

“What the ?” I looked at him from head to toe.

“No, I’m not gonna wait in the car.” He explained but that didn’t really clear my confusion. It only gave me more questions, feels like I was missing something. When he realized how puzzled a look, he sighed and groaned.

“What is it?” I asked, still looking confused.

“Last night you told me you’re gonna treat me to some underground show,” he looked down, hiding his eyes under his unstyled hair as if he was too embarrassed. “I thought you meant it because you were crying when you said it.”

That made me feel more embarrassed than him. I pictured how I looked like in front of him but I couldn’t really tell how much of a fool I acted that night. He didn’t give me the details which I think is good and also bad. I mean, I don’t know if I’d like what I’d hear. I probably made a fool out of myself. But at the same time, I might have said some things that I shouldn’t have because I’m that type of drunk. I talk a lot and limits just won’t exist anymore.

Now that he mentioned it, I realized that it was Friday and remembered the Dickids show Dongsun mentioned – which I promised Donghyun I’d go. That was probably the show Yoongi was talking about, and I subconsciously invited him to join us when I was drunk.

“Dickids’ show?” I cringed when I said it. I can’t believe he’s too hyped for it. It’s either he’s a fan or he doesn’t know who Dickids are. Again, I don’t like them not because their music (their songs are actually lit) but because they are children who are not supposed to be rhyming about bull.

“Yeah, that one!”

“They are a bunch of children,” I replied.

“You told me that already,” he pursed his lips. “But isn’t Yang Hongwon from that crew? He’s good.”

“I’m not gonna buy tickets, I have no money,” I groaned. He’s 50 times richer than me, I’m positive he could afford his own ticket.

“You don’t remember anything, do you?” he chuckled and ended up with a smirk. “You already bought our ticket. Check your phone.”

I quickly grabbed my phone from my pocket and checked for any possible evidences I could see. I couldn’t believe I did it, my subconscious must at least know I have a rent to pay. If I really purchased two tickets for that show, I’ll be ing broke for the next whole week.

“,” I sighed as I stared at the email I found from the ticketing management, which appears to be an invoice. Two VIP tickets. I should’ve at least bought the cheap ones, not the most expensive tickets. My knees suddenly felt weak, my budget is just ed. I helplessly looked at Yoongi, there’s nothing I could do to take that money back unless I shamelessly ask Yoongi to pay for it. But that’s not a choice, I’m too shy to do that. “Come on in,” I rolled my eyes when I said it and opened the gate wider for him.

He looked around the small, but beautifully landscaped garden as I closed the gate behind us. He may be richer than me but I definitely live in a more beautiful home. When the gate made that loud, squeaky noise, Mrs. Choi peeked through the window just to see who just came home. She stepped out of the house when she saw me with a guest.

“Hi Mrs. Choi, I brought a guest,” I pointed at Yoongi. “Is that okay with you?”

She looked at Yoongi with her brows raised. Her eyes were circled and started sparkling at the view. Her smile was something I couldn’t figure out. “Dear, as if I’m not used to Dongsun and Nahyun coming here from time to time.” She demurely stepped down the porch to come closer to us. “Who’s this lovely young man, it’s my first time seeing him.”

I glanced at Yoongi, who was still lost in the beauty of the garden. “Remember the business thing I mentioned? He’s like… my business associate?” I was unsure if I could refer to him as that, but I said it anyway. “Min Yoongi.”

Min Yoongi snapped out of his trail of thoughts when he heard his name. He looked at Mrs. Choi and shook hands with her. “Nice to meet you, it’s a lovely home,” he greeted.

Mrs. Choi’s daughter suddenly ran out of the house all hyped up. She was definitely in awe when he saw Min Yoongi standing within her yards. I didn’t know she was a fan until I saw her freak out in front of Yoongi. I was kind of embarrassed by how Mrs. Choi and her daughter were reacting but I couldn’t just push them back inside their home.

“Oh my god, Suga!” the daughter screamed.

Yoongi and I exchanged glances as we tried to conceal our laughter. Yoongi suddenly smiled and gave the teenage girl a wave. She turned so red within a second, making Yoongi laugh at little. “Cute,” he commented after seeing the girl’s reaction, which only made her feel so giddy and redder.

I was faking a smile as I watch everything but deep inside I was cringing. I don’t know what Yoongi was trying to do, but he acted so differently when the little girl showed up.

Before we headed to my room, Mrs. Choi’s daughter asked for a picture. To my surprise, Yoongi agreed to take one.

“What was that?” I chuckled once we get onto the rooftop. When I looked at him, his smile was already gone and had his daily grumpy look on his face.

“It’s called fan service,” he explained.

“It’s weird.” I looked at him just to see him sneering at me as I unlocked my room. “The money I paid for your ticket is supposedly my payment for the rent,” I said once we got in the room. I was hoping he would pay me for his tickets. I was drunk, I didn’t really know what I was saying so he could at least take that into consideration.

He didn’t respond. He just looked around the room, examining each part of it as he took his shoes off. It’s just a small room composed of a bed, a desk and a chair, an open closet, and a bathroom. I don’t even have my own kitchen but Mrs. Choi allowed me to access theirs whenever I want to, which is like everyday.

“I thought you actually live in the house,” he said as he took his seat on the bed. “But this is better, you can lock yourself out of the world and no one would notice.”

I uttered an agreeing tone and gave him a nod. I looked at the clock and realized that we have a lot of time to spare before the show starts. I know how awkward it was gonna be. There was nothing we could do in my room, I don’t even have a television.

“The show is gonna start at 7.” I glanced at him as I browse in my closet. I usually don’t care about what I should wear but because I was gonna be with Yoongi, I thought I could at least pretend like I care, since he’s the type of person who picks his clothing meticulously.

“Yeah, I’m gonna sleep here, can I?” He asked when he has already made himself comfortable on my bed.

“Whatever,” I murmured.

As Yoongi quietly napped in my room, I did all of the chores that I’ve been planning to do since I was so busy at work. It was weird having a popstar sleep in my room for some reason. I got so conscious of the things inside my room because, let’s face it, I’m not really a tidy person.

He slept serenely, not making any noise and movement. He was curled like a baby with both of his hands tucked between his legs. The picture of what I had to witness that morning flashed back in my mind and I turned completely red in milliseconds.

“Why don’t you just forget about it,” I whispered to myself and stomped out of my room to buy something for us to eat. I’m not sure what Yoongi would like to eat, we’re not really close enough for me to know what he does and doesn’t like to eat, so I just went straight to my favorite gimbap shop since I know everyone eats that thing. On my way back to the house, I decided to pass by Salon de Café just to buy the black coffee Yoongi always wants. I thought that’s what he would like to have.

“What brings you here?” Mr. Han welcomed me with a smile across his face.

“To get some coffee,” I replied as I walked straight to the counter where Kihyun was standing. “Black coffee, iced.”

“It’s weird seeing you here as a customer,” Kihyun chuckled as he punched my order on the cash register. “And really? Black coffee? I thought you don’t like your coffee bitter?”

“Stop making questions and make the damn coffee,” I rolled my eyes.

I’m not sure why I bothered going all the way to the shop just to get Yoongi’s coffee. I’m not really the type of person who would spend money on overpriced coffee, I’m too practical for fancy coffees. It was probably my first time buying a coffee and it’s not even for myself.

 

~~~

I'VE BEEN EXTREMELY BUSY BECAUSE OF OUR THESIS. I'M SO SORRY FOR UPDATING THIS JUST NOW. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PATIENTLY WAITING AND PLEASE CONTINUE SUPPORTING THIS FIC! LOVE YOU ALL XOXO