The Fool

Dream (Suga Fanfiction)

I used to believe that the scenes in movies where the protagonist does not remember what happened the night before because she was drunk was not possible. I got drunk for quite an amount of times already but it has never happened to me. I mean, it’s just a drink. How can it wipe a person’s memory by taking alcohol down his/? It was a funny concept to me, until I woke up that morning.

From what I remember, Taehyung carried me from the car all the way to Seokjin’s bed, then I went to sleep. It was clear to me that it’s what really happened.

But why am I on the wrong side of the room? And why is Min Yoongi sleeping right beside me?

When I opened my eyes, I found Min Yoongi’s face a few inches away from mine. His eyes were closed and his lips were slightly parted, allowing air to pass through it. He was so close, I could feel his breath gently whisk on my face. His bare shoulders were barely covered by the blanket. His collarbones bothered me so much as it peeked under the blanket. I closed my eyes and prayed that I would not regret what I’m about to do. Slowly and lightly, I lifted the blanket covering us and looked down. I was fully clothed, thank God. Well, he was only wearing a pair of boxers with a cute pattern. I didn’t intend to observe but it’s just too hard to ignore. His skin is probably the palest I’ve ever seen. And although he did not have some obvious aesthetic built, it was still apparent that he works out. I noticed a scar on his lower right abdomen. It looked like it was stabbed a few years ago, but that does not really concern me.

Seeing him barely clothed did not relieve me from the stress it was causing but all of a sudden, my whole body started to feel warm and a slight tingling inside of me swiftly demanded to be felt. I wanted to lean in and feel his soft lips brush against mine. I just stared at him for a few seconds, getting lost in his charm.

I hastily sat up when I realized how ridiculous my thoughts were starting to get. The bed bounced a little, slightly waking Yoongi up. He somewhat opened his eyes and had a glimpse of me, sitting next to him looking baffled. I was expecting for him to have the same reaction, but he just said, “Stop disturbing my sleep,” turned his back from me, and went back to sleep.

I softly walked out of the room, wishing I wouldn’t make any noise so I won’t wake Yoongi up again. I let out a sigh once I closed the door behind me. I could tell that my face was already flushed red, because of embarrassment and a feeling I could not understand. I was so perplexed. I mean who wouldn’t be? The other day we were screaming at each other, the next day I wake up next to him as if nothing happened. No matter how hard I try to remember, nothing was brought to mind.

Taehyung, Hoseok, Seokjin, and Jimin were hall having their breakfasts in the kitchen. They all sat on the dining table while they laugh about a certain thing. They were all leaning too close to each other and talk in a slightly low volume as if they were talking about something confidential.

When Jimin saw me standing by the door of Yoongi’s room, Jimin immediately stood up and greeted me in a really loud voice. “Good morning, Ahreum!” When he smiled, his eyes transformed into two slanted lines, and I think it’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.

The rest stopped from gossiping and turned to the direction Jimin was looking. They all greeted me a good morning while some laughed nervously. I had a feeling they were talking about me. I did not really mind though, there was a bigger mystery in my head that I was thinking about.

“Uh, good morning?” I greeted back. I took the seat beside Jimin and grabbed a piece of sandwich that Seokjin probably prepared for everyone.

“So how was your sleep?” Taehyung asked before taking a bite from his sandwich.

They were all anticipating for my answer, and it felt really awkward since the attention were all on me. “It was… okay?” I did not want to tell the boys how I woke up. If I’m supposed to talk about it, I’ll only talk about it with either Seokjin or Taehyung because they are the ones who are aware of what actually happened the night before.

Hoseok reacted with a pretty long “Ooohh” as he tried to prevent himself from laughing. The rest also tried to hide their smiles but they all looked so obvious. They were acting so weird. I kind of already have an idea why they were acting like that around me, or what they were talking about, I just pretended like I did not know. I could be wrong and accidentally spill that I literally slept with Yoongi so I would not risk that.

“Okay, what’s up?” I eyed each one of them so at least one of them could say something.

They communicated by exchanging looks and making tiny gestures before they finally convinced Seokjin to say something. Seokjin sighed before saying a word and the rest chuckled.

Seokjin was very hesitant but said it anyway, “I went in the room and Yoongi and you were-”

Ah, I knew it.

“It’s not what you think,” I interrupted then there was laughter. They all laughed for a few seconds and when they noticed that I wasn’t laughing along, they stopped. “I also don’t know what happened to be honest. It’s weird, especially the fact that he’s just in his boxers.”

“No,” Seokjin replied. He was trying so hard not to burst out laughing, he turned so red. “Yoongi is practically almost when he sleeps. I’m used to seeing him like that.”

Hoseok’s laugh suddenly exploded in the whole house. His contagious laugh made the others laugh too. At least the rest know how to control their laughs. “I’m sorry. This just never happened before, I was caught off guard,” Hoseok justified in between his laughs.

“So are you like, okay now?” Jimin tried to be serious but he still had a cute smile painted on his face.

“I don’t know,” I shrugged. “I seriously don’t remember what happened.”

“I carried you to Seokjin’s bed,” Taehyung proclaimed.

“I remember that!” My mind didn’t fabricate a scenario after all. What I remember really happened. But that didn’t really answer the question how. “When you left me, I went to sleep. That’s it, I swear.”

“Oooohhhh, this is fun,” Hoseok sneered.

Just when the others laughed at how Hoseok was making a big deal out of it, which it is but in a different sense, Yoongi walked out of his room and all of us had to shut our mouths. This time, he was already wearing a shirt. His face were still swollen and his eyes were barely open. He scratched his head as he walked to us. “You are all so noisy,” he complained.

“Sorry, Sir,” Taehyung quickly apologized.

When Yoongi passed by my seat, he lightly slapped my forehead. I looked at him with both of my brows furrowed, and the others just continued keeping their cool.

I guess we’re cool now. But I still don’t know how that happened.

“Did you sleep well, uri gangaji*?” Yoongi slurred his words as usual. I was waiting for anyone to answer but the boys looked at me as if I was the one Yoongi was referring to. I was dumbfounded, I didn’t know how I’m supposed to react. Is he making fun of me?

“Hey, Yoongi’s puppy, did you sleep well?” Hoseok mocked. The others slightly laughed.

Yoongi sat right across me and examined the sandwiches on the table by literally spreading the sandwich so he could see what’s inside them.

“Here’s a quick fact about me, never ever interrupt my sleep,” Yoongi said as he chew on his sandwich. I looked at Seokjin because I didn’t really know what to do but he just grinned.

“I’m sorry about that, I was just… um… surprised.” I answered timidly. I couldn’t say straight, it was awkward. Everyone in the room were focused on our conversation, which made everything feel more difficult. “Surprised that you were like… sleeping beside me.”

Yoongi raised both of his brows as he slowly drink a glass of water, which he snatched from Taehyung.

“Ah,” he snapped when he was enlightened by his own assumptions. “You probably don’t remember. You were so drunk, that was worse than when we thought you OD’d.”

“What happened?” I asked.

“You woke me up in the middle of the night then got in front of me so we did it. I’m a man, I have my needs so how can I say no?” he casually answered without hesitation. Seokjin spat the drink he was drinking, Hoseok literally gasped the loudest gasp a human can ever make, Jimin was frozen with a huge smile, and Taehyung laughed and gently punched Yoongi’s arm as he uttered, “Duuuude.” Meanwhile, I was probably already looking like a tomato. I could feel my face go warm as much as I want to pretend I’m okay.

“Min Yoongi!” I was kind of annoyed because he was being inappropriate.

“Min Yoongi?!” He raised his voice again but not in the same tone as the day before. He was just being a tease. “You said you’d call me Oppa and I’ll call you Uri Gangaji.”

A long but calm “No” was all I could answer. If we really did it, then I shouldn’t be wearing anything when I woke up. And I should at least feel any sore that time, but there was nothing unusual except for my horrible hangover. I’m not that innocent.

Trust me, I know nothing happened.

 

 

 

*Uri Gangaji, which is one of the most common terms of endearment in Korea, literally translates to "My puppy."