The News

Dream (Suga Fanfiction)

I skipped through the hallways on the third floor of the hospital’s main building. On my right hand was a set of cupcakes, beautifully packed in a Salon de Café paper bag, and my left hand carried an oolong milk tea which was already half empty. I greeted all the nurses I know and just gave smiles to some I haven’t seen before. It was a good day after all, why not share the vibe while I’m on it.

Most days, I’d find walking on those quiet halls, within the white, boring walls surrounding it, creepy. Hospitals are a horror movie director’s favorite concept. The small glass window on each door always bothered me as if I’d see someone looking back at me once I shoot a glance. However sometimes, on a day like this, I would forget the paranoia and just fill my head with the optimistic side of life.

I pushed the heavy door to the Pediatricians’ office and the cold blow of the air conditioner slapped me right on the face.

“Good evening,” I greeted the doctors as walked to my brother’s cubicle. They all gave me a nod as I looked each one of them in the eye, they all looked exhausted.

I found Jae Hyun comfortably lying on his swivel chair; his arms were crossed and both of his feet were resting on his desk. “What brings you here?” he yawned.

“It’s six o’clock, how can you all be so tired already,” I replied as I watch him sit straight and place both of his feet down on the ground.

“A huge wave of children just went in the hospital, we weren’t ready,” he shook his head.

I gave him an oh-boy-you-poor-thing look before sitting on his desk and delivering my good news. “Okay, listen,” I threw him the bag of cupcakes, which hit him kinda bad because his reflex are terrible whenever he gets tired, “I have some good news.”

“What? Like you’re actually going to college now?” he scoffed as he took a peak at the paper bag I just threw at him.

I rolled my eyes. He’s my favorite person in the family, he’s just supportive most of the time. But there really are times when he starts sounding like our parents and that just annoys the out of me. “ you,” I sneered.

He wheezed. “Okay, just tell me.”

“I think my song is worth a million,” I answered after taking a sip from my milk tea. “Because Suga from BTS wants my song to be included in HIS NEXT MIXTAPE!!” My voice echoed in the room and everyone looked at me, but I didn’t care.

“You mean the boy group?”

“Yes!” I snapped.

“You dissed them.” Yes, I did. But it was just that one time when I tried freestyling for the first time and the dude against me was dressed like a kpop star that was about to perform on a music show.

“But that doesn’t mean I hate them,” I replied on my defense. “Hey you should be happy for me. I may be richer than you after a year.”

“I’m proud of you,” he smiled.

Those were the only words I needed to hear.