The Groupie

Dream (Suga Fanfiction)

The weather forecast stated that there will be a slight chance of rain so I made sure I’d be ready in case rain started falling while I’m walking in the street. I put on a hoodie over my David Bowie shirt and a sweatpants that matched the color of my shoes. My fashion is all about comfort, I hate going out wearing clothes that will make me feel so conscious about myself.

Before I left the room, I spotted the black umbrella Yoongi lent me one night. I always forget to return it so it has been sitting in my room for days. Yoongi have probably forgotten about it already. Bringing it is a troublesome but I’m not really the type of person who would borrow things and never return it. The sky looked gloomy anyway.

“Haven’t seen you in a while,” Nurse Jaein said as I walked pass through her counter. I stopped and gave her a sweet smile, she just returned a nod with a poker face. Nurse Jaein usually looks grumpy. It looks like she hates kids so much so kids don’t really like her when they see her at first. But in fact, she works in the hospital – under the pediatrician department – because she loves children. She barely smiles but when she does, it’s because of some children that would approach her and thank her for taking care of them. She’d hug them before they leave and even cry when she’d gotten so attached.

“Is my brother in the office?” I asked.

“He’s checking the boy in 508,” she replied.

I walked down the hallway as I read the numbers written on the room labels. When I reached 508, I took a peek through the small glass window on the door. My brother was talking to the little boy, probably around 9 years old, as the boy nodded along to whatever he was talking about. That view reminded me of myself and my brother when we were younger. Even when we were still children, he had that sense of care and obligation to anyone younger than him. He’s a true hero to kids.

~~~

“When you get rich, buy me those shirts I saw when I was in Japan,” he sputtered as he chew on the burger he was having after I told him my plans for that day. He should know that I have an appointment after our lunch, he’d probably ask me to stay in the hospital and play with some kids. Not that I don’t want to, my career is just too important of course. In fact, I love children as much as my brother loves them. “That’s the only thing I’d ask from you.”

“You got a girlfriend from Japan, why don’t you ask her,” I rolled my eyes.

“We broke up,” he casually answered. As if it wasn’t a big deal.

“What the ? What happened?” I pretended to look concerned. I knew he’ll be okay, he’s used to those kind of scenarios. He gets a girl, he breaks up with them. Though this one was quite a shock since she took the girl home and let us meet her, but heh, it was Yook Jae Hyun anyway.

“She’s too clingy, I hate clingy,” he shrugged. It looked like he was doing fine. Well, I guess I don’t really know my brother in that sense. “She even made me take a whole week off for her. Can you believe that? I can’t leave the hospital for a ing week. I have patients.”

He continued ranting for a few more minutes, eating up almost all the time we had. When he got tired of ranting, he took a few cash out of his wallet and handed it to me. “It’s almost dad’s birthday. Get him something good.”

“Why don’t you do it?” I looked at the money sitting on my palm. I honestly don’t know what I should get for our father.

“I’m busy,” he answered in a snap. He knew I hate doing those kind of sappy things for out dad. I could do it for Mom, but for Dad? It would be a challenge. I don’t know anything about him. How should I know what I’m supposed to buy for him? “Get him a jacket or something. I don’t know, I’m bad at choosing gifts.” He shrugged.

After our quick get-together lunch, he took me to BigHit’s office. He wanted to get off the car and join me inside the office just to know the feeling of somehow belonging with such group of people, BTS, but I forced him to go back the hospital because I thought it would be kind of embarrassing if he goes with me. A company isn’t necessary and no one told me I could bring one.

Unlike my first time in BigHit, there were a lot of people walking around the street. It was a Friday afternoon after all, it’s not really unusual since it is Gangnam. I noticed a small group of girls lined up at the side of the building. Their eyes were focused on the building’s main door and its parking lot’s exit. Three of them were wearing a BTS merchandise. “Groupies?” I thought. Thinking that made me chuckle a bit, it was a stupid judgment.

The security guard welcomed me once I stepped in the building. He pointed to the information desk when he assessed I wasn’t familiar.

“Uh, I’m here for Mr. Bang Si Hyuk,” I told the lady standing behind the information desk.

“You scheduled an appointment?” she asked with a smile across her face. Although it was obvious how fake that smile was.

“Yes.” I nodded.

“Name?”

“Yook Ah Reum.”

“Time?”

“Uh, anytime? There was no specific time.” I nervously laughed when she gave me a doubting look.

She picked the phone sitting on the right side of the desk and pressed one button. She talked to someone I assumed is from BigHit and gave the appointment information I provided. When she hung up the phone, she faced me right away, still with a forced smile on her face.

“I’m sorry but there are no appointments with Sir Bang Si Hyuk recorded for today,” she stated.

“Are you kidding me?” I scoffed. “How about with Min Yoongi?”

The lady eyed me from head to toe, and probably judged me in her head. “There are no visitors expected for today, that’s what they said,” she answered. Her forced smile started to look terrible, her teeth seemed to be gritting as she articulated each words.

“Well, Yoongi and the CEO is expecting me so if you excuse me I’m going up.” I quickly made my way to the elevator and hoped that I won’t have to wait for it anymore, but apparently, the runs fast and the guard listens to her commands.

The guard held my arm tight, making sure I won’t make loose.

“Kids have tried sneaking in with that method and we’re always responsible,” the guard said as he dragged me closer to the information lady. By the way, his grip hurt like a . “We’re just doing our job, Ma’am.”

“You’ll leave or we’ll call the police.” She suddenly became so fierce and scary, the fake smile was gone.

“I’ll call Yoongi!” I exclaimed. But that did not stop them from throwing me out of the building. I didn’t expect the extremely strict security. I mean, it’s just a boy band, it’s not like they are the princes of England.

The girls lined up outside the building glared at me as I muttered curses under my breath. I quickly dialed Yoongi’s number on my phone. When he didn’t pick up, I cursed louder. I let myself in the building again but the guard blocked me so I had no choice but to just stay outside until Yoongi finally picks his phone up.

I tried to ignore the girls’ eyes on me but the longer they stare at me, the angrier I get. “What are you kids doing here?”

“We’re here for the oppas. We support them.” One answered. One of her brows was raised as she spoke.

“By standing here, wasting your time? Yeah, as if that would help ‘em.” I rolled my eyes. The kids just don’t seem to have any life.

I started flooding Yoongi’s inbox when he didn’t answer any of my calls. I knew he was busy but there’s no one else I could call.

“Guards won’t let me in!”

“Tell them to let me in.”

“They thought I’m one of your groupies!!!! Ew.”

“Damn it Min Yoongi, let me in.”

“I’m so pissed oh my god”

“Let”

“Me”

“In”

I sat on the curb of the street just to wait for a call from Yoongi. I was hoping it wouldn’t rain while I was outside waiting but the sky was already dark and the smell of the rain was starting to get strong. It started out with a drizzle and eventually turned into a heavy rain. Well, I stayed on my post while the others run to a place where they could stay dry. I watched cars pass by and guessed its brand model just to entertain myself while waiting, it pretty much helped me not get bored.

It took almost an hour before Min Yoongi send a reply. “Go up. I already told them I know you.”

I pushed myself up from the ground and quickly went inside the building. I was already kind of wet because of the rain and the air conditioner of the building made me feel cold. The security bowed when he saw me, probably apologizing. I looked at the girl behind the information desk, I was expecting an apology but she just sighed and looked away when our eyes met.

What a .