OPNM 7 🦌

Oppa! Please notice me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is an edited chapter.

 

Since he accidentally confessed to Sehun, his emotional and mental state became a constant chaos. It was difficult for Luhan to catch up to everything that is happening. Last night, Sehun indeed called him to make sure he will sleep early. He really tried to sleep but his mind didn’t allow him. The images of Sehun smiling, even scowling and his signature blank face kept on popping up everytime he closed his eyes. The guy also texted him this morning, (it was Sehun’s morning ritual to text or call Luhan) that he can’t pick up Luhan because he has an exam, which was a blessing in disguise. Honestly, Luhan can’t think properly when Sehun is around so he is grateful that he will be Sehunless this morning. 

 

“Oh, this is new! What are you doing, Luhannie?” Jongdae cooed at him, careful not to catch the attention of their professor. 

 

“Oh, are you sketching Sehun?” Baekhyun snickered. 

 

“What? No, I’m taking down notes.”

 

“So doodling Sehun’s name all over your laboratory notebook and a quick sketch of your husband’s handsome face are now considered as jotting down notes.”

 

That’s when Luhan realized that for an hour, his mind is not figuratively present. A month from now, they will have a midterm examination yet here he is, getting distracted. He stares at the quick sketch of Sehun’s face on his lab book with little doodles of the name of the guy who loves to make him restless. He needs to think of a plan on how to resolve this as early as possible. Avoiding him is not the solution because he already tried that but it was useless. 

 

“Someone got it bad.” Jongdae singsongs. 

 

“And someone will be so ecstatic for sure.” Baekhyun chirps. 

 

“Yes, I will be more ecstatic if you will accomplish and submit your laboratory report after your experiment, Mr. Byun,” says Prof. Kang sternly.

 

Jongdae lowered his head and pretended to write on his lab book. His shoulder is shaking because of suppressing his laugh. Baekhyun gave him stink eye. 

 

“Is there something funny in our class, Mr. Kim? You and Mr. Byun will report to me personally your findings.”

 

Jongdae stared at Prof. Kang in disbelief. “Are you going to object? I will gladly add another task for you if you want.” It was Baekhyun’s turn to laugh. He sticks out his tongue to Jongdae. Luhan shook his head because of the display of his friends’ childishness. 

 

“No, ma’am.” When Prof. Kang went back on discussing briefly about esterification, Jongdae kicked Baekhyun on the shin which made the latter hiss.

 

“Hey, that’s enough,” scolds Luhan. But the two didn’t listen and continued to bicker. “Fine, I will not help you with the reports, then.” Luhan took Prof. Kang’s queue to go to his usual station and started to assemble the required apparatus and chemicals. He was not surprised when Baekhyun and Jongdae automatically attached themselves to him.

 

“My dear Luhannie, can you really resist me?” Baekhyun says while pouting and blinking his eyes rapidly.

 

“I am your first friend when you transferred from Beijing to Seoul, Luhannie. Are you really going to abandon me?

 

“Excuse you, it was me who first saw Luhan!”

 

“But it was me who first approach him!”

 

“You are both hopeless, seriously.”

 

 

They spent the three hour laboratory period with Luhan performing esterification while his two friends are assisting him (at the same time dissing at each other). After their class, Luhan was left alone to fend for himself because his two friends presented their findings themselves to Prof. Kang. Luhan found himself walking towards their school's library, maybe he can borrow some books to read to kill some time. 

 

Luhan involuntarily reached for his phone to check if someone texted or called. It was too late for him to realize what he just did. Why did he checked his phone? Did he expected for someone particular to contact him? Maybe, this is just the effect of being sleep deprived. He shrugs and continues to walk but he halts his step when he saw a familiar broad shouldered guy wearing a simple black long sleeves and jeans. His bangs was swept exposing his forehead and despite of wearing simple clothing, it makes him even more appealing to the crowd. This gorgeous man who doesn’t leave Luhan’s mind even for a second. 

 

Luhan’s eyes darted to the girl in front of a blank face Oh Sehun. Luhan found himself rooted to the spot in surprise as he watched the blushing girl handing what it seems to be a gift to Sehun. He really should go now but he technically can’t make himself move. He can’t help but to clench his fist around his phone for no reason as Sehun continued to stare at the girl. He thought Sehun haven’t moved on yet from his first love? Then why is he entertaining other people? And that girl, he can give that to anyone other than Sehun.

 

Instead of receiving the gift, Sehun ignored it and continued to walk without sparing another glance from the crestfallen girl. He felt bad for the girl because there are spectators who witnessed the confession but at the same he’s happy. Honestly, he doesn’t know what to feel. There is a sense of satisfaction but at the same time there is also an unexplainable fear gnawing on his chest. He took another glance at Sehun who’s currently not minding anyone as he taps on his phone.

 

Luhan almost jumped on his feet when his phone vibrated. He was astonished to see Sehun’s caller ID on his screen. His eyes darted from his phone to the figure that had his phone on his ear. There’s suddenly a lump on his throat and he doesn’t know what to do next. He was completely stupefied. He doesn’t know what occurred to him because the next thing he did, he ignored his vibrating phone and turned around to go to cafeteria instead.  He was probably just hungry that’s why he’s acting weird. Hunger and sleep deprivation is not a good combination.

 

Unfortunately, there is no avocado ice cream that he really craves for. He’ll just buy later on a convenience store near his house. He chose to buy sandwich, chocolate cake and water instead as a substitute. He found a vacant table that will be enough for four persons. He placed his tray down the table and opened his phone to sent text messages to Baekhyun and Jongdae to proceed to cafeteria after their report. He also sent a text message to Kyungsoo though he is not expecting a reply from his cousin because he still have a class this period.

 

He took a bite of sandwich while staring at his phone. He had grown accustomed to the noise made by Jongdae and Baekhyun that he is not comfortable of being alone now. He swayed his feet like a child while still munching. He unconsciously pouted when there is no text or call arrived. 

 

‘If he will call again, I will answer it this time.’ Luhan suddenly thought.

 

“You look like someone rejected you.” 

 

Luhan snapped out of his thoughts when someone plopped down on the chair in front of him. It’s Jongin, smiling brightly at him and placing his own tray on the table. He blinked rapidly at him. Why would Jongin sit with him? He can’t believe that his crush voluntarily sit with him. He rubbed his eyes to verify if it’s true or he’s just seeing things. He stared at him in amazement when Jongin suddenly laughed at him.

 

“You are so cute, Luhan. No wonder Sehun’s too territorial.”

 

“Huh?” Did Jongin just called him cute?

 

“Nothing, just don’t tell Sehun that I approached you, okay?”

 

“Uh… why?” Luhan asked, his heart is pounding hard against his chest by just the mere mention of Sehun’s name. 

 

“I might be found dead tomorrow if you will tell him. Anyway, it’s alright for me to sit with you right?”

 

Despite being confused Luhan just nodded. “Well, you already shamelessly invited yourself to this table?” When Luhan realized what he just said, he immediately covered his mouth and mumbled apologies.

 

Jongin just laughed at him. He’s really handsome with his sunkissed skin. It was already an achievement for Luhan to finally talk to Jongin and now, he’s laughing and eating with him. But he can’t help but to feel as if something is missing and he can’t point what it is.

 

“You and Kyungsoo are really cousins.” Jongin said while still laughing. 

 

“Are you already close to my cousin?” Luhan asked, remembering that Kyungsoo’s calling Jongin in his nickname

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter