Interlude: Cherry Blossom 🐣🦌

Oppa! Please notice me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When you catch a falling cherry blossom, you will be bound with your first love forever.


That's what Luhan’s mother told him and was also relayed to her by his late grandma. He can’t really remember well his late grandma since his memories still have lapses when he got into an accident in Beijing. But that myth was already engraved on Luhan’s mind since he got into a university. Luhan smiled at the falling cherry blossoms and he even managed to catch one. He tilts his head upward then closed his eyes to savor it. After a few minutes, he opens his eyes and involuntarily scans the crowd to find a certain guy who has sunkissed complexion and currently laughing with his group of friends. He really looks ethereal. Luhan smiles, feeling his cheeks flushing and the cherry blossom unusually warm against his palm.


He managed to catch a cherry blossom so does it mean he will be together with his first love? Luhan sighed. He wants Kim Jongin to be his forever.



"You know what dear Lulu?” Baekhyun said while sipping on his soda. “There are other people who are very much willing to be with you, why do you want to settle on the guy who doesn't even know you?”


“You know it doesn’t work like that, Baek. You have men and women throwing themselves to you why aren’t you accepting them? Because you like Chanyeol right?” Luhan twirled his fork on his pasta while subtly looking at the tanned guy in his peripheral vision. “Besides there is no one who likes me romantically here at school, Baek.


“Maybe because all this time you are looking at the wrong guy, Lu.” Jongdae intercepted, putting down his tray on their table.


“How can you even determine if that someone is really right for you?” Luhan asked.


Baekhyun hums, “You are the only one who can determine that, dear. Probably, if you will finally feel that peace and contentment with him but at the same time the scorching love that you can’t feel on other people. Who knows? Jongin might not be the one.”


“Right, there might be someone who worships the ground you are walking and who will do everything just to make you happy. You just need to open your eyes.” Jongdae said, emphasizing every word while looking at the black haired guy who’s currently staring at his dumb and oblivious bestfriend. But of course the pretty doe didn't even notice a thing. He will not be surprised if Luhan will still remain naïve on Sehun’s advances (if ever the latter will finally move though Jongdae still doubts it).


“I am contented by just looking at Jongin. I don’t need other people’s affections.” Luhan sighed while pouting and staring at Kim Jongin.


Baekhyun and Jongdae shake their head because of the hopelessness of the situation. If only, they don't love their bestfriend (also due to the fear on a certain Ice Prince) maybe they already smack Luhan countless times. Luhan is too gullible and dense to the point that sometimes it's getting on their nerves.


Baekhyun looks at the tall, black haired guy with broad shoulders, chiseled body and well defined jaw not to forget the fact that he is ing handsome and hot. Way hotter than Kim Jongin himself on his own opinion.  If Baekhyun doesn't like a certain yoda he may have rooted to him (though of course, he needs to become Luhan first to catch the guy’s attention). Oh Sehun is wearing his signature blank face. But if you scrutinize carefully, you can see his wrinkling forehead. His arms crossed while watching every movement of oblivious bambi like a hawk. Baekhyun chuckles at that because until now, he still can’t believe that the Ice Prince is capable of having that emotion like normal people. His chuckle made Luhan stopped ogling at Kim Jongin.


"Why are you laughing Baek?"


"Nothing Lulu, just watching something entertaining."


Baekhyun remembered how he discovered Sehun’s feelings toward his bestfriend. Just like Luhan, Oh Sehun, the son of the owner of their school came from Beijing. He doesn’t exactly know why Sehun stayed in Beijing when his family resided here in South Korea. At first, he thought he was the one that Sehun’s observing (because Baekhyun is always with Luhan and Jongdae) but later realized that it’s Luhan. Everytime he remembered that day, he still felt embarrassed (even Jongdae uses that to ).


Luhan was really innocent and a little bit clumsy. Every week, there is no time that he will not have an incident, whether he tripped, bump his head or scrape his knees. Luhan is the only one that Baekhyun knows as the clumsiest person. That fateful day, they have their laboratory class in organic chemistry and given by Luhan’s luck, he accidentally broke the volumetric flask containing a strong acid. Almost all of them panicked because Luhan fainted. They were scared to death because Luhan might have inhaled some of the chemicals, the reason why he fainted (the reason why they always make sure that Luhan handles the chemicals and apparatus carefully since then). Their friend immediately was brought to hospital. Baekhyun left Jongdae with Luhan and went back to school so he can excuse themselves to the rest of their afternoon class.


It was a great surprise that Sehun approached him. He was sweating bullets because he thought the Ice Prince will finally confess to him. He was thinking what he will say, whether he will reject or accept the confession. He was gobsmacked when Sehun asked him a question that he totally didn’t expected.


“Where is Luhan? What the happened to him? Don’t leave important details.” Sehun commanded with his eyes ready to kill anyone who will cross or disobey him.


If he’s not scared of Sehun that time, he would have punched him for being disrespectful. He brought Sehun with him to the hospital and all hell break loose because he almost chew Luhan’s doctor. For the reason that Luhan was still unconscious when they arrived. But he was able to prove that day that Oh Sehun is still a human afterall. Baekhyun didn’t expected that the Ice Prince is capable of being gentle but watching him that day as he tended the unconscious Luhan, everyone might thought that he was born to be like that. Probably he is indeed born to be gentle, only for Luhan.


Everyone in the university is aware how heavily smitten Oh Sehun to a certain deer. There is no time that you can’t see him shamelessly oggling at the deer and he even threaten all the students who dare to get closer to Luhan. All of them are aware that Luhan belongs to Oh Sehun. Well there is one person who is oblivious to all of these and he is also the one who is subject of Sehun's affection.


Baekhyun stares at Luhan again who is eating his lunch while stealing a glance at Jongin from time to time. Poor Jongin, he is getting mentally murdered judging by how Oh Sehun is glaring holes on his head.


*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*

Luhan is walking through the corridor alone. He just came back from the library to borrow some books to kill his time. His bestfriends were not with him because Baekhyun is making his project in their major subject with his partner while Jongdae as usual is with Minseok. He wonders where is Jong—


"Oh Sehun, you brat! What did I do again?"


Luhan's eyes widen when he recognized that voice. He whipped his head to the origin of the voice and saw Jongin’s head locked by his friend, Oh Sehun. Luhan internally swoon at Jongin's handsome face. His gaze accidentally travelled to Jongin's friend that looks angry all the time… Oh Sehun. He gasps in surprise when the said guy is looking,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter