OPNM 6 🐣

Oppa! Please notice me!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is an edited chapter.

 

Luhan taps his right foot on the pavement while waiting for his cousin. Do Kyungsoo is his cousin in his mother’s side and is younger than him for a year. Both of his cousin’s parents are working abroad so his mother suggested that Kyungsoo can stay with them and it would be better for the latter to also enroll in the same school with Luhan. He was quite ecstatic because it’s been so long since he bonded with his cousin. He became busy since it’s his final year besides he’s not fond of travelling especially in long distances and preferred to stay home.

 

Kyungsoo is also an aspiring teacher like Luhan majoring in mathematics while he majors in Physics. Luhan hugs himself tightly. He lend his jacket to Kyungsoo because he knows that the younger gets sick easily (though he himself also prone to sickness). He raised the paper bag where Sehun’s beanie is placed. He planned to return it to the owner but he wasn’t given a chance earlier. He remembered Sehun’s painful expression when Baekhyun and Chanyeol are just beside him, wrapped in their own little bubble. Why do we need to fall for a person who won’t even reciprocate our love? It was too easy to fall in love but it was difficult to accept that there is a possibility that your love will remain one sided. In Luhan’s case, he can’t really say that he already loves Jongin because even he himself doesn’t know how to define that abstract word. But it indeed that he knows it will be impossible for Jongin to like a nerd and wallflower like him. 

 

He insert his wrist on the string of the paperbag and hugs himself tightly. Hopefully he will not get sick because of this. His thoughts drift back to a certain black haired male and wonders how he is right now. He slaps his cheeks. Why is he thinking about Sehun? He should be bothered that Jongin seems interested to his cousin. He is not that naïve not to feel that the man he fancies likes Kyungsoo. He even volunteered to tour him around the school grounds despite the fact that Luhan might probably have toured Kyungsoo already (which Luhan did the moment he went back to school).

 

Luhan looks up and saw cumulonimbus clouds cover the entire atmosphere. This type of cloud usually brought thunderstorm and thunder doesn’t sound good for Luhan. He unlocked his phone and sent a text message to his cousin. He didn’t brought his umbrella because he thought the weather will be good until afternoon. He should’ve known that everytime he doesn’t bring his umbrella, it always rain. How he wish there will be a good samaritan again who will let him borrow umbrella. He rubs his hands to produce friction then places it to his frozen cheeks. Did Sehun went home already? He suddenly thought. Luhan hopes he’s alright. 

 

“Why aren’t you home yet?”

 

“Oh my gosh!” Luhan jumped on his feet while clutching tightly on chest. He blinked rapidly at the male who just surprised him. “Sehun?”

 

“Yes, Sehun, your husband. Why aren’t you home yet? And why aren’t you wearing a jacket?” Sehun asked worriedly, mindlessly taking off his own jacket when he saw Luhan shivering in cold. He gestured Luhan to raise his hand to wear it properly.

 

“N-no, no you don’t need to do that.” Luhan said meekly but any attempts to stop Sehun is useless. Luhan took a step back after the taller is satisfied with his clothing. It was difficult for him to breathe when Sehun’s close, that’s what he noticed. Maybe it’s about time to go to a pulmonologist or cardiologist (because he has abnormal heart rate too).

 

His chest constricted when the taller scoots closer to him. “Are you avoiding me again?” Sehun asked, his voice masked with something akin to pain and disappointment.

 

Luhan’s doe like eyes darted nervously on anything but Sehun. He doesn’t want him to misunderstand and just blabbers without thinking, again. “Huh? No, I’m just, uh, you just caught me offguard. I’m thinking about you earlier and here you are. Uh, no, you misheard that. I am not thinking about you and my heart is definitely not beating frantically to the point that I can’t breath properly when you are near and—"

 

Oh no, not again, Luhan should really sew his mouth shut now. His mouth embarassed him countless times already. This is one of those times when he wants the ground to open and swallow him up. Luhan nervously glances at Sehun and sees the playful smirk dancing on the taller’s lips. He can already imagine Baekhyun and Jongdae writing an inscription on his tombstone saying, “Here lies Xi Luhan, who has a knack of embarassing himself in every way possible with Oh Sehun”.

 

Knowing his bestfriends they could also write, “Here lies Xi Luhan, our and saint friend who can’t take Oh Sehun’s drop-dead gorgeousness.” That’s for the perspective of his friends of course. He is definitely not thinking how handsome Sehun looks with his hair swept, forehead exposed and how he smells so good.

 

“Really? Is it beating really fast?” Sehun asked in a hoarse voice. His head dipping towards Luhan. “I am not really convinced though.”

 

Luhan gasps in surprise when Sehun suddenly wraps his arm around his waist and another hand on his nape. He feels the heat creeping on his cheeks when Sehun's fingers dances on neck, as if it is looking for something.

 

“W-what are you doing?” Luhan tried to push him but the taller is obviously stronger than him. Sehun hushes him and rests Luhan’s head on his chest and continued to spot something on the side of his neck, just below his jawline.

 

“You are indeed palpitating and it is really fascinating to know that your heartbeat synchronizes with mine, wife.”

 

Sehun stopped inspecting his neck and cupped his face instead. What just happened? Why did he—

 

Luhan’s eyes almost popped out of its socket when he realized what just happened. “Did you checked my pulse?”

 

Sehun just smirked at him. “I want to test my hypothesis now, wife.” The taller’s index finger pressed on his carotid artery.

 

“W-what h-hypothesis?” He froze when Sehun suddenly kissed his left cheek.

 

“Trial one, so far so good,” Sehun whispered against his cheek while he remained immobile. Another breath was stolen from him when Sehun pressed another kiss on his nose. 

 

“Trial two, enough evidence to reject my hypothesis but I want more,” then he pressed another kiss on Luhan’s forehead. All he can hear now is the loud beating of his heart and Sehun is not helping his situation.

 

“We already have our third trial but I can’t get enough.” Sehun says, his lips hovering dangerously against Luhan’s. 

 

This feels like a déjà vu, like what happened on that fateful afternoon in the infirmary. Instead of pushing him away as what he intended and what is right, he chose to close his eyes and savor the moment. Soft lips moves against his, stealing his remaining sanity. He is fond of sweets such as candies and gummies and he thinks that he can add Sehun’s lips on his list.

 

“You are the only one who can make my heart beats like this.”

 

“Luhan, oh my goodness, I’m so worried about you! I’ve been begging Prof. Lee that we can continue it tomorrow because you are afraid of thunder! I’m sor— uh why do you look so red? Are you sick? I knew it! I should have left earlier with you!”

 

The newly arrived and oblivious Kyungsoo with Jongin on his tow immediately checked Luhan’s temperature. He didn’t even took notice of his cousin and Sehun’s proximity earlier and proceeded to check Luhan for some bruises. 

 

Unbeknownst to them, Jongin taps Sehun’s shoulders and was about to tease them when he saw his friend throwing murderous look at him so he chose to shut his mouth. 

 

“I-I’m okay, Soo, I swear!”

 

Kyungsoo stares at Luhan with skepticism. His big eyes looks through his cousin as if scanning whether he is telling the truth or not. “Then why were you so red? See? It’s back again! And there’s a thunder a while ago so I run here immediately.”

 

And on queue, there is a sudden flash of white light that made Luhan close his eyes tightly and covered his ears because he already knew what will happen after a few seconds. He suddenly felt arms larger than Kyungsoo, encasing him like a warm protective shield against anything that may harm him. He flinched when he heard a loud angry rumble of thunder which made the arms around him held tighter in attempt to comfort him.

 

“Ssshh, it’s alright baby. Focus on me, hmm?” Sehun’s deep voice soothes him temporarily. His ear pressed against the taller’s chest, helping him calm down. “Hear that? Just listen to my heart. It sings for you.” The smaller flinched again when there is another rumble of thunder. Sehun’s last sentence went unheard. 

 

Luhan felt Sehun’s lips pressing butterfly kisses from his hair down to his forehe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter