0O10.

The Terminal : The First Ride

 

He woke up feeling his head throbbing in pain, and looked back at his sister who was sleeping beside him, and on the other side of his sister was the Ice Princess, herself, peacefully sleeping.
He looked at his watch, and smiled at the thought of what happened 'earlier'. 'I had only four hours of sleep'  He laughed at the thought, and remembered that they talked from 12midnight until 2 o'clock in the morning.
 
"I'm not into guys who are younger than me. I might someone older than me or the same age as mine, but not someone younger." She answered back at him, looking at him sadly.
His heart was jumping in happiness as she gave him what he wanted for an answer, yet as he examined her expression, he felt sadness, and asked her. "Then why do you look so sad?" 
"It's just that, you see, my father and mother had a failed marriage. They always reasoned out that it's because of age difference, my mom was actually 3 year older than my dad. That's why dad always act like a child making mom angry." She explained as she let out a heavy sigh.
Carefully but caringly, he patted her head in a desperate urge to comfort her on the reminder of her parents, "It's alright. I'm really sorry about making you remind of them" He said, as he looked at her in worry.
She looked back at him looking happy, "But anyways, I'm glad that they're happier now that they have built their own new lives. It's really quite a relief for all of us" She answered.
He laughed at her optimism as he looked at the light of the tents, "You're really a ball of sunshine, aren't you?" With that, she joined him laughing. "My appa died when I was 10, and my mom remarried when I was 13. That's when Seohyun and his dad joined in to the picture. At first, I really hated it when mom always take good care of Seohyun and her dad, but then they were so kind to me and mom that soon I learned to love them back. That's why I took all the time to take care of my younger step-sister because she needs it. Iw as really harsh on her back then" He answered as he felt the urge to tell her about his life too.
"It must be really hard for you that your father died with you at that age. I'm sorry" She said, as he felt her hands over his.
They sat there like that for long until they both realized where their hands were and felt the blood rushing through their face. So to ease the awkwardness, he answered back.
"It's really nothing" He said as he rubbed his face, thinking that it will make the red color of his face go away. "At first it was hard, but I had a new family right? They're kind as well."
"You're really a ball of sunshine, aren't you?" She mimicked what he had said earlier, making the tension from earlier break eventually. Their laughs echoed through the whole terminal as they felt very at ease when their together.
"I really thought you were the kind of person who snobs others" He commented as he was reminded of their first and second meeting.
She shook her head in disagreement and smiled, "Maybe to other people, but to those people whom I feel comfortable with. I am really warm"
'A warm Ice Princess' He concluded, as he reminded himself not to zone out again. "Then how did you meet Kyuhyun then?" He asked, going back to his original mission.
"Well, he was pre-law student in America wherein my cousin, Hyoyeon, also studies. She always take me to her school thinking that I would choose to study law as well. And then, one time when she left at the park to buy some drinks, Kyuhyun approached me asking if I'm a korean as well. And then, as everyone says, the rest is history" She answered as she played with her fingernails.
"Then how did you get here in Korea then?" He asked.
"I went back here to study modelling, while Kyu insisted on going back as well to continue his studies here" She answered. "How about Seohyun? What does she plan on taking when she turns 18?" She asked.
He smiled at the reminder of his precious little sister, "She wants to take Music"
She suddenly clapped, "Oh she's really adorable!" She exclaimed. "When I first saw her, I really thought she was cute and all that!" She answered.
So then, he felt another addition to why he adores this Ice Princess: She likes his sister. He gave him one of those boyish smiles he had, "Thank you. She's really silent and a hardworker. She doesn't talk that much as well." He answered.
"I can't wait to talk to her about things! I never had a younger brother, well Kyu is but sometimes he acts too much of a baby, but having a younger sister like yours is really fortunate!" She said as she stood up looking at the ceiling of the train that was being lighted up by the tents. "Your future wife must be really lucky to hav someone she can confide to"
He looked at her side features, and smiled at her last words, "She is. I wonder, when will she come?"
Not looking back at him, she answered him back, "She'll come when it's time. You'll never know" Then she went back to sitting beside him.
"Maybe she already came." He commented, and smiled the shrugged. "Maybe I already saw her or even talked to her, but I still don't know that it's her." He said without even thinking.
"You know, I've thought of this. We don't really have this what we call ideal guy or girl. We just feel love when it's there. Right Donghae?" She asked.
"Yeah!" He answered and then laughed. "I never thought of what my future wife would look like, how she talks, how she walks, or even how she stares. But when I saw this certain girl, I never thought I would like someone as tactless as she is. But I----"
His speech was interrupted by something that fell on his shoulder, when he looked, he saw her head on his shoulder, and her eyes resting as she breaths steadily, showing that she already fell asleep. Then he left her leaning on his shoulder as he continued to where he stopped.
"But I really never thought I would fall as fast as this, and I never thought I would fall for someone who shrieks like a sea animal, and someone who likes sleeping more than anything."
 
His thoughts vanished as he felt his sister shifting her position, and hugging her Keroro tightly. He patted his hand on his sister back, and looking at the girl whom he admitted, finally, that he fell in love at first sight with.
He took out his diary and added another passage to what he wrote before he sleeps earlier.
 
P.S. I think I just fell in love with someone who slept while I was talking.