❝ii❞

Twist of Fate
Please log in to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  I I  -  T W I S T  O F  F A T E

 

 “Seungcheol-ah! Come here!”

A five-year-old boy innocently looked up finding the source of the voice. He’s sitting on the ground with a squat position playing the dirt. He jumped up dusting his hands together as he found his parents gesturing him to come closer. He ran towards his mother’s direction and stopped in front with a heavy pant. He beamed when his mother bends down to his level holding something behind her.

“Happy Birthday son” his mother greeted happily showing a small red box. Seungcheol beamed snatching it away and thanked her mother after. “Come on son, let’s eat--” his mother suggested and blinked seeing Seungcheol flashing out of the scene. “... Looks like he’s excited to open his present” his father stated in amusement.

Seungcheol was looking around finding a place to comfortably sit on the grass while opening his gift, the first gift perhaps.

He’s been waiting for his parents to give him a present for his birthday every year. Who wouldn’t love presents given by your parents? I mean you love your parents, but you love your presents more. He would receive different gifts each year from his parents.

And the small red box he’s holding got him excited yet curious at the same time.

It’s his first time seeing this thing. Usually, his parents would give him a big box wrapped with a decorative design. This feels… different. From the size, shape, texture… it’s foreign from his sight. He can’t wait to see what’s inside of this mysterious small box.

Seungcheol stopped seeing a tree from a mountain ten feet away from him. He beamed and was about to run when he stumbled back, his landed on the ground with a loud thud. He hissed rubbing his sore biting his lower lip controlling himself not to cry in pain.

He blinked realizing the cause of his state right now. He gulped nervously seeing a girl with the same condition as him-- small eyes, lips, pale complexion and has long black wavy curls at the end of her hair. He stood up dusting the back of his denim shorts and lend his hand to the girl.

The girl stopped hissing in pain seeing a hand in front of her. She intently look at the small hand before looking up to the boy-- he has a chubby figure, eyes hiding under his black wet locks, his plump red lips, his pale skin radiating from the sun.

‘I wonder how his eyes look like’ the girl tilted her head hoping she’ll see his eyes clearly.

“Hey! Aren’t you gonna go up? I’m waiting here hoping you accept my gentlemanliness” the girl snapped out and hummed curiously seeing Seungcheol still with the same position with a cute pout.

The girl bit her lower lip and slowly grabbed his hand. Seungcheol pulled her up with all his strength before blowing his bangs once he succeeded. “You’re heavy” he stated tiredly. The girl pouted and crossed her arms. “I’m sorry” she just apologized with deep bows. Seungcheol just blinked and mentally shook his head ignoring her apology.

He bends down to get the box that slid down from his hands. He hummed blinking in confusion seeing two red boxes with the same appearance. He looks back and forth finding his.

He blinked when a hand slowly took the nearest box in front of him. He looked up seeing the girl extending her arms giving the red box. “I believe this is yours” she softly spoke waiting for him to take it. He slowly took the red box from her hands. “T-thanks” he nervously thanked with a slight bow.

The girl bowed back and flashed a grin. She turned back and marched away. Seungcheol watched her existence, each step she takes slowly makes her small in his sight.

After the encounter, he felt his heart pounding loudly. It’s his first time getting nervous after talking to a stranger. Maybe it’s natural to feel that way, he thought. But, something bugs his curious self-- he felt weird in front of the girl. Like… he wants to see her for another time. Is it because it’s his first time seeing a girl aside from his mother and older sister? How will he react if he met her once again? Will he feel the same way for the second time? Will they see each other again?

He looked down brushing his thumbs to the box’s texture-- it was rough and smooth at the same time. For some odd reason, it relaxes him, it soothes him-- it halts his mind from thinking the encounter. Why is he thinking things like that anyways?

He blew his bangs and just proceeded to the small mountain nearby. He crossed his legs together while sitting on the grass and laid his back to the tree. He opened the small bo

Please log in to read the full chapter