❝v❞

Twist of Fate
Please log in to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  V  -  T W I S T  O F  F A T E

 

His soft eyes gazed through her in concern as if she’s fragile. His grip wasn’t tight preventing her from wincing from his hold. She was quiet, too distracted to the sight in front of her.

“A-are you okay--”

She opened to respond, but she just spits through his face. It took her a couple of seconds before realizing what she had done. She gasped and covered in surprised. I still have food stuffed in my mouth.

Her eyes fixed to the boy whose head lowered, looking on the ground. He took something from his pocket before wiping his face slowly, disappointment drew on his reaction.

“I-i’m so sorry”

I wasn’t aware that I still have food in my mouth. I thought I already gulped it while halting the brawl, she thought.

Remembering that scene, Soojung felt sorry to the boy. Up until now, she wants to meet that boy again to apologize about what happened. It bugs her off that the boy didn’t assured he accepted her apology.

That means he’s holding a grudge against me. He has the right to do that. If I was on his position, I’ll be confused as well. He helped me and that’s what he’ll receive from me? That’s just rude. He thinks that I don’t like him. Why did I even spit on his face anyways? If you didn’t do that Choi Soojung, it’ll turn out fine between the two of you! Maybe, just maybe we’ll  be friends after that, she thought.

“Soojung unnie please gulp down the food, don’t stuffed it in” she looked to Sejong’s direction. She blinked before gulping the food she stuffed down slowly. “You keep doing that everytime you eat unnie” the young girl mumbled shaking her head as Soojung just grin in response. “So… what do you think about your new classmate?”

“Sangook?” Sejong hummed, eyes darting through her food. “Mischievous” she simply answered. “What makes you say that?” Soojung tilted her head observing her sister’s reaction. “My instinct told me so. He smells trouble” the young girl replied with a shrug. “What are you thinking earlier unnie?”

“Eh?” Soojung was taken aback. “You’re in deep thought. What are you thinking?” Sejong asked never leaving her eyes off to the food until she finish it. “The kid… he looks like someone” Soojung mumbled and sighed. Sejong narrowed her eyes and was about to say to repeat but then stopped seeing her sister’s problematic expression.

Soojung’s deep thought stopped when her phone rang and answered the call hearing Taeyong’s voice on the other line. “Uh… How do I say this?” his voice was nervous as if having a second thought whether if he tells the news or not. Soojung was quiet and was anticipating Taeyong’s next statement. There was a long pause on the other line before Taeyong let out a long sigh.

“You’re being called in the Principal’s Office” Soojung raised a brow and just kept quiet as Taeyong preceded. “You’re students-- specifically the new student got into trouble” Taeyong ended leaving Soojung’s jaw drop slowly. “Right now?” she stuttered. “Off course right now! What kind of question is that?” Taeyong can’t help but to chuckle at her reaction. “But, I’m still eating. And I need to fetch Sejong home” she slowly reasoned. “Well you better hurry up. You should be here in 30 minutes” Taeyong told and ended the call.

“Sejong, we need to go” Soojung told putting her belongings in her bag. “Unnie, I’m not done yet--”

“Excuse me” Soojung called Hansol and told him they’ll be taking out their orders. “Unnie, what’s going on?” Sejong innocently asked watching Hansol getting the food away and putting it in a container before placing it in a plastic bag. “Unnie has to go back to school. There was a commotion and I’ve been told to come back to school immediately” she answered as Hansol handed the plastic bag. Soojung took it and thanked him before taking Sejong’s hands and left the cafe.

Seungcheol got back at the cafe after buying few ingredients

Please log in to read the full chapter