❝x❞

Twist of Fate
Please log in to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  X  -  T W I S T  O F  F A T E

 

“Do we really have to go at this hour? I have morning class later” Seungkwan whined as the twelve are in front of Seungcheol’s house. “We can just ask him later after his shift at the cafe,” Soonyoung told with a shrug. “Just go home. Why are you even here if you’ll just complain?” Minghao told while furrowing his eyebrows. “Besides, Seungcheol hyung will not go to work later in that state” Chan told with a matter of fact tone. “Oh please! He can just set aside his heartache while working,” Jeonghan said and rolled his eyes.

The door flew open making them flinched as Seungcheol appeared with messy hair while pouting. It was quiet until Seokmin broke the silence. “Surprise!” he cheered while pumping his fist in the air happily. Seungcheol looked at them emotionless and crossed his arms. “What are you doing here?” he asked coldly. “We tried to contact you today, but your phone’s off. Care to explain?” Jihoon asked raising a brow.

“I turned it off” Seungcheol lazily explained. They remained quiet anticipating Seungcheol’s next statement. Seungcheol groaned and let out a frustrated sigh. “Guys go home. The others have class later” Seungcheol calmly told. Soonyoung cheered and was about to walk when Wonwoo locked his arms through him tightly preventing him from leaving. “Let’s talk it out what you’re feeling right now” Jisoo tried to convince the oldest leaving him raising a brow. “It clearly shows that you have a problem hyung” Hansol pointed out Seungcheol’s face while circling it.

Seungcheol let out a sigh after a long pause and opened the door wide for them to come inside the house. “Yah! Don’t blame me if the ones having a morning class is tardy later!” Seungcheol hissed as they went inside.

“So… you saw your girl answered her friend to be her boyfriend?” Mingyu clarified while motioning his point finger as Seungcheol nodded. “Are you sure about that? Have you asked your girl about her relationship with the guy?” Junhui asked. “Close friend” Seungcheol answered.

“Why don’t you just ask your girl about their status rather than being gloomy the whole day for witnessing the scene earlier?” Minghao suggested as the others nodded. “I’ve been planning this for a long time. Did I do something wrong that’s why the plan didn’t go well? Or am I too slow with the plan?” Seungcheol questioned while running his fingers through his hair in frustration.

“Sometimes planning doesn’t work” Jisoo spoke softly. “Plan is… a step by step procedure for you to successfully achieve your goal. It has options if the first plan didn’t go well” Jisoo explained with a shrug. “Just because you saw them in that state earlier doesn’t mean they’re already in a relationship. Go confess to the girl still; it's an all or nothing situation. If she answered ‘yes’, go celebrate! If she answered ‘no’, at least you tried; that’s how it goes Seungcheol” Jisoo ended.

“You’re thinking too much at the scene earlier and it’s bothering you hyung” Hansol added while shaking his head. “Stick to your plan. Maybe it was fate that you saw noona with a guy earlier; it was testing you how you’ll respond” Hansol leaned closer to Seungcheol as the latter stared at him. “Sometimes fate is tricky and unpredictable; but, remember you’re the one making your fate. There will be obstacles while making your path; it’s your play how you’ll overcome it. You’ve come far hyung, why are you backing out when you’re at the peak of completing it?” Hansol ended with a shrug.

‘They have a point’ Seungcheol thought while biting his lower lip. Why does he even think too much about the scene earlier? Asking Soojung will stop that achy feeling inside him. Their talk ended as they left his house before he went to his room and rested.

It was the day that Seungcheol’s sister and her family will leave Korea. While Seungcheol waits, he and his sister were looking through some old photos from his childhood.

“Aigoo! Sangook really looks like you” his sister exclaimed in amusement. “No wonder his teacher wasn’t convinced at your statement before” she added while chuckling as Seungcheol remained quiet. “So… how’s working out with you and that teacher?” she asked as she flipped the next page of the photo album. Seungcheol chuckled awkwardly and shook his head leaving an ‘aw’ sound from her out of sympathy.

“You know, I saw her bracelet and it has a similar design to your necklace” his sister blurted as Seungcheol hummed. “Now that I mentioned it, I remembered something about that bracelet of yours. Our parents told me that they gifted you a bracelet. They didn’t know why you received a necklace instead” his sister told making Seungcheol looked at her in confusion. “They were gonna tell you about it but it seems that you like the necklace so they discard it” his sister added.

Seungcheol hummed slowly as he remembered his conversation with Soojung.

~ How did you receive your bracelet if I may ask? ~

- Seungcheol

~ My parents gave it to me during the time that I excelled in my academics. They told me it was supposed to be a necklace. When I got home, I was wearing a bracelet instead ~

~ I bumped into someone at my age and we’re holding the same small box and got switched up accidentally ~

- Soojung

~ What a coincidence. Have you tried to contact the boy and switch it back? ~

- Seungcheol

~ No. But, I saw him a couple of times at the school I studied and he was my schoolmate ~

- Soojung

“No way” Seungcheol mumbled in disbelief. “What’s your problem?” his sister confusedly asked. “Why didn’t you guys tell me before?” Seungcheol uttered; shock visible in his expression. He let out a short breath before a smile crept from his lip giving him a weird look from his sister in return. “You’re creeping me out Choi Seungcheol. Seriously… stop with the shifting mood” his sister told.

“I have to go noona” Seungcheol stood up but was stopped. “Yah! Where are you going? You’re gonna take us to the airport!” she demanded. “Aish! I’m gonna fix things with Soojung!” Seungcheol hissed making his sister softened. “... Why didn’t you say so?” his sister chuckled and gestured him to leave before she laid her back comfortably to the sofa.

Soojung went to the cafe with her sister. She opened the door as the bell rang and they got inside before getting in line for their orders. Chan who is in charge of taking the customers’ orders, saw the two from a distance. He nudged Hansol beside him and pursed his lips towards Soojung’s direction. It became a silent pass the message to the workers initiating someone call Seungcheol.

“Seungcheol hyung, your girl’s here” Seokmin was the one who called Seungcheol who was in the middle of driving. “She just arrived there?” Seungcheol questioned as Seokmin answered with a hum leaving a relieved sigh from the latter. “I’m on my way there,” he told.

“I thought you’re gonna take your siste

Please log in to read the full chapter