❝viii❞

Twist of Fate
Please log in to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  V I I I  -  T W I S T  O F  F A T E

 

The school bell rang signifying that the class ended for that day. “Okay class! I’ll be checking your homework tomorrow so don’t forget to do it later” Soojung instructed watching her class putting all of the materials they’ve used during the discussion in a hurry.

The class bowed in front of Soojung as a way of saying thank you for teaching them as they left the room one by one. Soojung helped Sejong with her things as the little kid was the last student who left the classroom with her older sister hand in hand.

Soojung stopped on her tracks seeing Taeyong running towards her from afar. He stopped and rested his hands on his knees while panting. “What’s the rush Taeyong?” Soojung asked waiting for him to calm down. He stands up straight once he composed himself. “Someone’s looking for you at the gates. They’re with your new student” he told leaving a confused look from Soojung. ‘They’re? Don’t tell me it’s the siblings’ she thought biting her lower lip.

She thanked Taeyong as she and Sejong continued walking until they reached the gates. She saw Sangook with his mother and an unfamiliar man wearing a corporate cloth. ‘It’s definitely not her brother’ she thought as they come closer to them. Sejong was quiet and just looked up at her sister obliging along innocently. They stopped as Soojung bowed lightly. “Good afternoon Ms. Choi” she greeted still bowing. “One of my co-teachers told that you were looking for me” she added and lifted her head. “Can you come with us for a while? We need to talk to you” Seungcheol’s sister told.

Soojung was about to reject when Seungcheol’s sister assured her. “Don’t worry we’re not gonna do something bad to the both of you. I just want to clear some misunderstanding between you and my brother” she explained. “Please come with us. We’ll go to where Seungcheol’s working” Seungcheol’s sister asked politely.

‘What if they kill us because I told those to him? Are they the ones who will kill me? Should we run now while we still have a chance?’ Soojung thought biting her lower lip as the husband opened the car waiting for her to go inside. She held Sejong’s hand tightly as the latter whimper in pain. “If you’re thinking that you’re in danger, please reconsider. We’re not the type of persons who will do those kinds of things” Seungcheol’s sister assured with a chuckle. Soojung a bit convinced loosen the grip and took a deep breath as she escorted Sejong inside the car before she proceeded followed by Sangook and his mother as his father was the last one who came inside the car before leaving the school.

During the ride, Soojung can feel her heart beating loudly as the ride gets closer to Carat Cafe. Why does she feel like this? Is it because of the talk later? Is it because she will see Seungcheol again? Predicting the future later makes her nervous all of a sudden. Will the talk be fine later or not? She gulped and placed her hands to her chest calming herself. Sejong asked if she’s okay as the older one just nodded.

One thing Soojung doesn’t like about her is the frequent overthinking that leaves a bad impression on that person. If that person explains his/her reason, she wouldn’t be convinced that easily because her mind thinks of dangerous outcomes if she gives in easily, although it isn’t most of the time. Just like her incident with Seungcheol at the campsite; she left a bad impression on the guy because of her own thinking. When she meets someone and wants to be her friend, it’ll take a while for her to be comfortable with the person.

The car stopped as Soojung got ou

Please log in to read the full chapter