❝vii❞

Twist of Fate
Please log in to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  V I I  -  T W I S T  O F  F A T E

 

“So...” Seungcheol spoke breaking the silence while cleaning. “Where are your co-workers? How come they left you clean the mess?” he asked and glanced at Soojung. “I lost in a game we’re playing earlier and this was the consequence Mr. Choi” she answered with a shy chuckle. “Seungcheol” he cleared his throat making Soojung look at him in confusion. “Excuse me?” she questioned, her brows slightly furrowed.

“Just call me Seungcheol. No need for formalities” he spoke flashing his warm smile. Soojung was about to talk when Seungcheol continues. “I prefer someone calling my first name” he chuckled while scratching his head leaving Soojung blink continuously. “But it’s your call though” Seungcheol took back what he said seeing her confused reaction and the room was silent.

Okay that was awkward, Seungcheol thought and mentally facepalmed himself. He glanced at Soojung walking back and forth cleaning and not leaving any trace of trash to the room. You better think of a new topic right now Choi Seungcheol, he thought arguing through his mind trying hard to think. “Mr. Choi, I’ll be heading back to the campsite” Seungcheol snapped out and looked at Soojung who is waiting for his response. “Can I tag along with you?” he asked leaving Soojung taken aback. After a long pause, Soojung slowly nodded as they got out of the room heading to the campsite.

The two sat across facing at the blazing bonfire in peace. The only sound can be heard is the crunching sound of the wood and the light sound of the wind. Seungcheol’s gaze to the fire was shifted when he heard Soojung cleared softly. “... Why didn’t Ms. Choi come to the field trip today?” she asked and mentally facepalmed herself. Why did I ask that? she thought trying to remain calm. “Oh she attended an important appointment. I’m the only one who has a free time to tag along with Sangook” Seungcheol answered as Soojung slowly nodded in understanding before proceeding to her next statement. “I would like to know Sangook’s personality”

“I actually don’t know Sangook yet. We’ve known each other for a couple of days” Seungcheol answered with a nervous laugh leaving Soojung confused waiting for his explanation. “... I’m just his uncle. His mother is my sister” Seungcheol told leaving Soojung’s jaw drop in disbelief.

If they’re siblings, what’s with the kiss? Is this some kind of ? Why does he look like Sangook though? Unless he’s the real father of the kid. Once they knew that she’s pregnant, they discussed that she should marry another man. Jeez! What kind of setup is this? It’s insane! Soojung thought and covered . “Looks like I surprised you with the sudden revelation” Seungcheol sounded apologetic scratching his head while chuckling awkwardly. “... Sangook really looks like you though” she muttered, hands still covering .

“I guess our genes runs strongly in his blood” Seungcheol answered proudly with a shrug leaving a disgusted look from Soojung. Seungcheol saw her expression leaving him blinking in confusion. “What’s with the expression?” he asked cutely with a pout. “Y-you and your s-sister kissed last week. T-the two of you are doing i-” Soojung blurted making Seungcheol froze in his seat as a flashback to his sister kissed him replayed in his mind. I knew it! She saw it! Aish noona! Why do you have to do that in the first place? He thought and slammed his head to his palm for his sister’s wrong move.

“You misunderstood. My sister and I didn’t do I swear” Seungcheol swore raising his hands as if he’s pledging leaving a weird look from Soojung. “I-i should go Mr. Choi” Soojung stood up and bowed before walking away from Seungcheol. Seungcheol kicked the specks of dust endlessly whining childishly while ruffling his hair in frustration.

After that field trip, Seungcheol didn’t stop calling his sister ranting about the inci

Please log in to read the full chapter