❝ix❞

Twist of Fate
Please log in to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  I X  -  T W I S T  O F  F A T E

 

Things changed after that text conversation with each other. In the early months, they would talk to each other after work. As time goes by, they would reply to each other if they have free time. They’ve known each other for a year already; their conversation gets deeper as well as their connection. No matter what their topic is, they never get out of ideas; they’re like best friends whose comfortable with each other.

Seungcheol was having a hard time getting closer to Soojung due to her ‘knowing that person deeper’ and ‘overthinking’ self. He had to show his true self to her in order for her to trust him. It took a lot of time until he breaks those walls of her.

When he first met Soojung, she is a kindergarten teacher that has a goddess beauty with a filial appearance that smiles most of the time. She has a younger sister who is her student and she loves to take care of her; when she’s with Sejong, she’s that protective yet a very gentle sister. As he knew her longer, she’s actually a girl who jokes around and laughs often. She always laughs every time Seungcheol tells a joke as he would brighten up and feel flattered for making her day happy. Because of that, he slowly falls for her.

Every time Soojung would come to Carat Cafe with Sejong during lunch, he would peek outside after he’s done preparing for their order. After serving, Soojung would glance at the cooking station and catching Seungcheol looking at him. She would stare at him for a second before smiling at him as the guy would smile back before moving away from the door once she starts to eat.

“I find it creepy” Jeonghan was talking to Seungcheol one time as the cafe wasn’t busy that day. Seungcheol looked at Jeonghan raising a brow letting the man explain behind the statement. “Every time that teacher would eat here, you will check on her” Jeonghan added. “Do you like that girl?”

Seungcheol was silent before nodding slowly. “Why don’t you just approach her every time they’ll eat here rather than staring at her from afar?” Jeonghan suggested. Seungcheol chuckled while shaking his head. “What will I do after I approach her? Stand in there and stare at her while they’re eating? That’s creepier” Seungcheol told. “At least she knows you’re looking at her!” Jeonghan reasoned and rolled his eyes. “She knows that I’m looking at her” he blurted.

“What the--” Jeonghan raised his brow. “And what’s her reaction?” he questioned. “She’ll smile at me” Seungcheol answered can’t help but smile widely while blushing leaving a weird look from Jeonghan. “Seems like the two of you are close” Jeonghan stated as Seungcheol just nodded. “If that’s the case, why don’t you talk to her every time she’s here?” Jeonghan stated.

“I’m working” Seungcheol reasoned making Jeonghan shake his head. “You just don’t know what you’ll say to her” Jeonghan muttered and make a ‘tsk’ sound. “You’ll get out of your station for a while and ask her how’s the food you made, that’s it. If she doesn’t know your feelings to her, ask our customers the same thing so that she wouldn’t notice, simple as that” Jeonghan explained and snapped his fingers. “... I’m nervous though” Seungcheol admitted and laughed nervously while scratching his head.

“Why are you nervous? I thought you’re close with her?” Jeonghan raised a brow in confusion. “We’ve been talking with each other through text often. We haven’t talked much in person” Seungcheol explained with a shrug. “Why don’t you start talking to her personally right now?” Jeonghan suggested. “You talked to her in person already don’t you remember? You’re just being a Seungcheol” Jeonghan blurted with a chuckle.

“I’m amused right now. From all the people who would advise me, the one that looks like he d

Please log in to read the full chapter