❝iii❞

Twist of Fate
Please log in to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  I I I  -  T W I S T  O F  F A T E

 

“What?! You gave your nephew a Barbie doll?!” Jeonghan screamed covering his mouth in disbelief. “Are you insane Seungcheol hyung? Why did you do that?!” Chan exclaimed jaw drop.

Seungcheol was about to talk when someone burst out laughing bombarding the dead silence of the room. They frowned at Hansol who’s laughing while slapping his hands against his thighs as he’s stomping his feet on the ground hardly. “Yah! That’s not funny!” Seungcheol hissed rolling his eyes.

Hansol stopped laughing fanning his red face with an uncontrollable laugh. “Hyung, why are you so mean to the kid? You definitely left a bad impression for an uncle” Hansol chuckled flashing his gummy smile while shaking his head. “Who does that? Seungcheol hyung, don’t make the kid question his gender--” Hansol winced in pain when Jeonghan threw something to the Caucasian’s head. “Shut up Hansol” Jeonghan warned.

“I bought the right one” Seungcheol mumbled taking something from his pocket and showed them the receipt. “I should’ve shown this to them yesterday” he scratched his head letting out a sigh. Seungcheol remained silent hesitant whether to tell them his encounter to Soojung. He let out another sigh and began telling them.

“So… that means she has the gift you’re supposed to give to your nephew and you have the gift she has to give to a little girl I presume” Jeonghan concluded as Seungcheol nodded slowly. “That makes sense Seungcheol hyung” Chan stated and chuckled.

The bell rang softly as their first customer came. Seeing the person, Chan beamed happily and dashed out of the room and approached that person which is Heeyoung. They shifted their look to Jeonghan who let out an annoyed groan while shaking his head. “Aren’t they getting sick seeing each other?” Jeonghan mumbled under his breath, his eyes darting deathly glares at the two lovers.

“They wouldn’t get sick looking at each other because they’re ‘in love’ Jeonghan hyung” Hansol emphasized. “Why don’t you try it--” Hansol was cut off when Jeonghan talked in disapproval. “No thanks” Jeonghan flipped his hair turning his back to start working making Hansol snort and left Seungcheol at the room.

“Seungcheol hyung” Chan peeked at this small window looking at the guy who was quietly sitting at the corner. Seungcheol was spacing out in a while snapping out before at Chan curiously. Chan waved the paper in the air before putting it on the marble counter and left. He stood up getting the paper and began making the food on the list.

“Seungcheol hyung, someone’s looking for you. The person said she’s your sister with a little boy tagging along. It looks like he’s your nephew” Chan barged in the room panting lightly. Seungcheol snapped out and diverted his look to Chan with a frown. “What?” he muttered, his reaction didn’t leave his face.

“So… you want me to find a school where Sangook will study for a year right now?” Seungcheol questioned sitting across his sister with the boy between them. The latter respond with a firm nod. “When did you and your husband talk about this matter?” he asked. “A month ago” she simply answered. She blinked tilting her head in confusion hearing Seungcheol groaned traveling his fingers to his hair tiredly. “What’s wrong?”

“You’re full of surprises noona” Seungcheol retorted sarcastically and laid his back on the chair. “Don’t you think you should’ve told me that yesterday?” Seungcheol stated. “I forgot about it. I rest too much yesterday” his sister explained with a shrug. Seungcheol snorted and shake his head in disappointment. “Jeez! You shouldn’t forget about that! What kind of a mother are you?” Seungcheol exclaimed the head shaking motion didn’t stop.

“Aish! I don’t have time for your scolding Choi Seungcheol! I’m in a hurry! You better find a school for my baby boy right now!” his sister commanded.

“Girl, you’re commanding me more than doing you a favor” Seungcheol chuckled sarcastically. “I can’t just leave my work because of that. You know I’m not just sitting my all day. You should be doing that, not me. Am I right, Sangook?” Seungcheol shifted his gaze to the boy who is quietly listening to their conversation. “See? He prefers ‘mommy’ to find a school he’ll be attending” Seungcheol emphasized letting out a defeated shrug after Sangook nods his head in approval.

Seungcheol’s sister bends down to Sangook’s level caressing his hair lovingly. “Aw baby, I want to. It’s just that, I’m busy working for your future… for our family’s future. You’ll… understand this as you get older and you’ll be bragging it to your friends how proud you are to us for working hard” she stared directly into her son’s eyes with full of disappointment and sincerity at the same time. “Uncle Seungcheol

Please log in to read the full chapter