❝iv❞

Twist of Fate
Please log in to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  I V  -  T W I S T  O F  F A T E

 

She stood still letting the girl go first inside the cafe. She looked around hoping she sees what she’s looking for. She frowned only to fail her objectives and felt the loud thud inside slowly subsided going back to its normal pace. She shook her head slowly and followed Sejong to the cafe.

As soon she stepped inside, she saw Sejong on the line jumping from her place trying to see today’s menu. Soojung chuckled silently and lifted her into her shoulders. She giggled seeing Sejong beamed. “Have you decide what you’re gonna eat?” Soojung hummed looking up to Sejong.

“I’ll eat all the desserts unnie” the girl stated as Soojung frown. “Sweets again?” she questioned. “Unnie, I’m still upset about yesterday” she blurted, a pout visible on her lips.

Soojung groaned and blew her bangs. “We’re bringing that topic again” she mumbled. “Unnie, I don’t know why you gave me ‘that’ kind of present. You know I’m a ‘girl’” Sejong stated with a matter of fact tone. “How many times do I have to tell you? I accidentally bumped into someone and our gifts switched up” Soojung reasoned groaning in frustration.

The bell chimed as the door opened revealing Mingyu with Wonwoo behind him. “Huh? Wonwoo hyung? Why are you here?” Chan innocently asked, his eyes darted on the older one. “Is it bad to order here?” Wonwoo amusingly asked and went to the line behind Soojung. He waved coolly greeting Heeyoung who bowed at him in response before going back on her work.

“Hello! Welcome to Carat Cafe! May I take your order?” it was Soojung’s turn. She saw Chan bowed and smiled brightly before blinking seeing Soojung. “Noona!” he exclaimed pointing to Soojung in excitement. Soojung let out a short chuckle and bowed lightly with a warm smile.

“You know her?” Soojung turned back hearing Wonwoo’s voice. Chan shook his head vigorously. “They’re regulars here,” Chan told while nodding.

“Pfft! You’re just flirting with her” Wonwoo snorted and rolled his eyes making Heeyoung peered up at Soojung’s direction curiously. “Unnie? What’s ‘flirting’?” the girl whispered to Soojung’s ear while Chan and Wonwoo were busy arguing. This guy… I don’t know what’s he up to. Soojung mentally shook her head and tries to change the topic. “Go find us a seat” she smiled putting Sejong down as she obliged and ran around finding a vacant seat for the two of them.

“What’s with the commotion Lee Chan?!” Jeonghan barged out in annoyance. “Wonwoo hyung is making a scene” Chan responded with a pout. “Jeon Wonwoo! What the heck are you doing here? You still have class at this hour!” Jeonghan scolded and crossed his arms. “My professor dismissed us early” the latter responded.

“If that’s the case, go help us serve our customers because it’ll be busier in the next hours” Jeonghan demanded. “Huh? But it’s not my shift yet” Wonwoo muttered. “I’m here to order though” he added with a matter of fact tone.

Is it necessary to argue in front of your customers? I need to eat at this hour. I’ll go back to school for my next class. Soojung looked back and forth to their argument and looks like it won’t end soon.

“Miss, move to this counter” she looked to Hansol who gestured to place her order on his counter. She left and went to the other counter seeing Hansol with a grin. “What would be your order?” he asked fixing his gaze to her and focused on punching her orders before Soojung paid for her order. “For dine-in or for take-out?” he looked back to Soojung with a warm yet mischievous smile. “Dine-in” she answered.

She moved to the side to claim her order. The argument ended as the counter went back to normal. She looked for Sejong and found her beside the table near the window. She softened seeing the girl looking outside with a beam while swinging her feet under the table. She frowned seeing Wonwoo sitting near their table. She mentally shook her head shrugging her negative thoughts away and carried their orders once it was ready. That guy

Please log in to read the full chapter