❝i❞

Twist of Fate
Please log in to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  I  -  T W I S T  O F  F A T E

 

“Seungcheol hyung, your phone’s ringing. It might be an important call. You won’t pick it up?”

Seungcheol’s focusing on making the food. He glanced at Hansol from afar, his hands are busy finishing the food. “Is that so?” he questioned getting a firm nod from the young one. He hummed slowly and instructed Hansol to place his phone near him. As Hansol’s getting closer, Seungcheol could hear his phone ringing endlessly. It stopped ringing after Hansol placed the phone beside him and left.

He flinched when the loud ring bombarded the dead silence through his ears. He calmed his nerves before looking at the user’s id. He raised a brow in confusion seeing his sister’s name flashing. He mentally shakes his head heaving a long sigh putting the utensils he’s using and answered the call, putting it on a loudspeaker.

“Hello Seungcheol?” he heard a girl’s soft voice from the other line. He hummed in response focusing on making the next order. “I just want you to know that we’ll be back to Korea today” the girl stated smiling in excitement.

“What?!” Seungcheol shrieked in shock. “Yes young boy, we’ll be in Korea later. Are you excited? Because I do! I’ll get to see my younger brother again~” the girl cutely talked.

Seungcheol was speechless. It’s been four years since he last saw his older sister marrying a businessman, moving to different countries every year. Maybe her husband will work in Korea for a year, he thought. “T-that’s great! But, what will I do about it?” he asked dumbly, his mind wasn’t functioning properly at the moment.

“Seriously Seungcheol? Off course you’ll pick us up at the airport dummy!” his sister exclaimed in disbelief.

Seungcheol remained silent for seconds trying to absorb the call. He shook his head once he snapped out. “What time is your arrival noona? If it’s at this hour, I can’t. I’m busy working at the cafe” Seungcheol told apologetically. “Don’t worry about that. Our arrival time will be at twenty-two o’clock sharp. Me, my husband and our son” his sister assured chuckling.

“Oh? You guys already have a child? How come I didn’t know?” Seungcheol asked jaw drop. “Uh… yeah? About four years ago? I told you about it Seungcheol. I just don’t know how the heck you didn’t remember it. Maybe you’re too busy in your own world that time” his sister answered sassily letting out a ‘tsk’ sound.

“Choi Seungcheol! You better end that call because we have an angry customer!” he heard Jeonghan’s angry tone. “Hey noona, let’s just talk later, arasso? I need to hang up” Seungcheol told smiling. He heard a hum from the other line before ending the call.

“Soojung unnie, let’s eat sweet foods since it’s my birthday today!”

A little girl around four years old keeps tugging the older girl’s sleeves persistently. “Okay okay! Just stop ruining my clothes! Jeez girl!” Soojung groaned in defeat sending a glare down to the little girl beside her jokingly. The girl beamed jumping in excitement, her pace quicken seeing the cafe nearby.

“Hey! Wait for me!” Soojung shouted enough for the young girl to hear. The girl stopped ten feet away from the cafe, turning her looks to Soojung. “Hurry up unnie! We might not make it!” the girl shouted. ‘The cafe just opened silly dummy!’ Soojung let out a snort and fastened her pace.

They were in front of Carat Cafe as Soojung could hear the young girl’s excited squeal while clapping her hands in excitement. She helped the girl pushed the door and the soft sound of the bell rang inside.

“Hello! Welcome to Carat Cafe! May I take your order?”

Soojung was in front of an eighteen-year-old boy with a bright smile. “What do you want? Make sure you’ll finish eating the food you’ll be selecting” Soojung looked down at the girl who tiptoed trying her best to look at today’s menu. “Unnie, I can’t see it” the girl cutely pouted crossing her arms over her chest. “Because you’re small” Soojung teased nonchalantly before grabbing her and placed the little girl on her shoulders.

As soon the girl can see the menu, she beamed and began pointing the food she wants to eat. Chan who’s in-charge of punching the orders would look back at the menu. Soojung, on the other hand, would drop her jaw slowly realizing how many the girl’s ord

Please log in to read the full chapter