Chapter Six - By Magic

By Magic

Sitting on my living room floor surrounded by my favorite Kpop singers was so surreal. I never in my wildest dreams….ok that’s a lie...but to actually be here, now…. Can I just have another minute to fangirl?

 

“Not to be rude but...why exactly are three famous Kpop groups standing in my living room? How do you even know I exist?”

 

“You called us here by magic.” Jin said.

 

Wait a minute… “I called you?!” I was utterly confused.

 

“You made a wish that we would be your friends.”

 

Yugyeom added. “Several times actually.”

 

“We don’t understand how it works either. All we know is we are here now. And we will try to be the best friends we can be for you.”

 

The waterworks were about to start. “Jinjja?!?” Was all I could manage to reply.

 

Jaebum sat down beside me and smiled. “Ne. We promise.”

 

Just then, I remembered… “So what happened to Chase?”

 

“Chase left because of us.” He stated simply.

 

“Wae? What did you do to him?” I was a bit relieved it wasn’t me, not that I wanted that creep to stay anyway.

 

“That guy was a jerk. You don’t need people like him in your life.” Youngjo frowned, crossing his arms.

 

The others nodded in agreement.

 

Namjoon spoke up from his perch on the edge of the couch. “You don’t need to lower yourself to his level. You deserve better.”

 

I smiled, feeling better about myself. “Kamsahamnida.”

 

Jaebum hugged me and smiled, making his eyes crinkle shut.

 

“My heartu!” I fanned myself, having another fangirl moment, making all of them chuckle. “I still can’t get over you guys are really here.”

 

A ball of gray fur dashed past my feet at lightning speed towards the kitchen and Seongho let out a shriek, diving after it.

 

“Yah! What was that!?” I picked my feet up, thinking it was a rat.

 

“Um...yea...about that...Seongho might have brought something in from outside…”

 

“Wait...you went outside?! Did anyone see you?”

 

“Well, we think they might have called the cops on us.” Hoseok cringed.

 

“Perfect. That’s just great.” An exasperated sigh escaped me.

 

Seongho came back from the kitchen carrying a tiny gray kitten that fit in his hand, it lovingly. It looked a bit scared and hungry.

 

“Awwwww!” My eyes lit up. I have a soft spot for animals, especially babies. “Where did you find it?”

 

Sunhyeok looked at his maknae. “Unfortunately, in your neighbor’s yard.”

 

“Who? Mrs. Havard?”

 

The boys shrugged. “She was three houses down.”

 

“Yea, that’s Mrs. Havard. She likes to feed strays. Sometimes the cats have litters. You must have found one!” I giggled as the tiny cat looked up at me with big wide eyes and my finger. “She must be hungry.” I retreated to the kitchen and put some milk in a bowl, setting it on the floor. Seongho gently set the kitten down in front of the bowl and we watched happily as the little furball lapped up every last drop.

 

“Can we keep her?” All three of the maknaes asked in unison.

 

I smiled. “I will ask my Mom tomorrow. I’ll also go to the store and get her some real food.”

 

Just then, we heard a car door slam out front.

 

“Eomma…” My eyes widened, as I froze, trying to figure out how to explain the fact that there was 19 guys and a kitten standing around in our living room.

 

“KAJA!” Jackson grabbed my hand and yanked me up the stairs, followed by the rest of the herd, just as my mom unlocked the front door. Seongho hid in my closet holding the kitten.

 

I stood bewildered, as they disappeared back into my posters. What was even more odd was to see Jackson stick his head back out and say, “Just act normal.” Like what even? How was I supposed to act normal after all this?

 

There was a quiet knock on my bedroom door. “Honey, I’m home.” My mom stuck her head in with a smile, but her expression changed to worry. “Are you alright? You look like you saw a ghost!”

 

I was still standing in the middle of my bedroom with a freaked out look on my face. “Uhhh...I just...saw a spider. It’s gone now.”

 

“Alright. Well get ready for bed. It’s getting late.”

 

“Okay, Mom.” Looking back over my shoulder at my empty room, I headed to the bathroom to get changed into my pajamas.

 

As I stood at the sink, thoughtfully staring back at my reflection in the mirror as I brushed my teeth, my mind was a whirl. My hand paused momentarily in mid-brush. Toothpaste bubbles were all over my mouth. Wait a minute… does that mean… Oh, God...they saw me change!?

 

My face paled. I closed my eyes tight, shaking my head. “Ani...andwae...don’t think about it!”

 

“Good night, honey.” I heard my mom call from downstairs.

 

I called back with the toothbrush still in my mouth. “G’night Mom. Love you.”

 

Rinsing my mouth out, I put the toothbrush back in the cup on the counter and pulled my hair up into a messy bun. Washing my face, I then applied cream and pulled on shorts and a smiley face shirt to sleep in.

 

Quietly slipping back into my bedroom, I closed the door and whispered, “Are you still here?”

 

Taehyung and Yoonhoo poked their heads out of the wall. “Yea! We’re here!” The rest weren’t far behind.

 

I’ll never get used to that.

 

Seongho emerged from my closet. “What should we name her?” He held the tiny kitten so close, already so attached.

 

“Misty?” Yoongi suggested.

 

“Pogpung?” Jungha asked.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“The Korean word for storm.” Namjoon answered.

 

“How about Chanel!” BamBam exclaimed. “She can be friends with Coco!”

 

I grinned, picking up the fluff ball and cuddling it. “Clever, BamBam. It’s a cute name!” The kitten purred softly in my arms.

 

Youngjae sneezed in the corner.

 

“Really?” We all gave him an annoyed look.

 

“What? I can’t help it if I’m allergic.” He pouted.

 

“Oh, Jinyoung? Can you go in the bathroom and get me a towel for the cat to sleep on?” He was closest to the door.

 

With a nod, he disappeared and returned moments later with a big fluffy towel, placing it beside the bed.

 

I set down the kitten and got some newspapers out of my desk to lay down. The kitty waddled away under my bed to explore.

 

Seongho was laying with his head hanging off the bed, watching her fondly.

 

Jinyoung came back again with a cup of water.

 

“Oh thanks!” I set it next to the towel.

 

I watched as Chanel chased her tail in a circle, getting dizzy and falling over, only to be distracted by a piece of lint on the floor. I love cats attention spans. Squatting down, I called her, patting the floor softly. “Chanel…come here.”

 

The kitten looked up and meowed, rolling playfully and coming closer.

 

Yugyeom looked down with admiration. “Look at that! She already knows her name!”

 

I placed her back on the towel and she yawned cutely, curling up in a ball, dozing off.

 

Jimin yawned as well. “She’s making me tired.

 

“Yea, me too.” Jaebum stretched.

 

“We should get some rest.” Jin put his hand on the younger’s shoulder.

 

“See you tomorrow.” Jungkook grinned with a wink. The other guys waved, blew kisses, and made cool peace signs.

 

I smiled as they one by one disappeared from my sight back into the posters on my wall. My stare lingered on the pictures.

 

A voice spoke up. “Why are you staring?”

 

I blushed, looking away. “Mianhaeyo… I’m just still getting used to it all.” Crawling into bed, I pulled the covers up under my chin and turned the bedside lamp out.

 

“By the way...does this mean you guys saw me changing?” I asked awkwardly into the darkness, fearing the answer to that question.

 

“Of course not! What do you take us for? We are gentlemen!” Namjoon gasped.

 

I heard giggling.

 

“Shut up, Jimin!” Smack!

 

“Ow!”

 

My face turned bright red. “...Good night guys.” With that I pulled the covers over my head in embarrassment.

 

“Good night.”

 

“Jal ja.”

 

“Sweet dreams.”

 

“Nighty night.”

 

“Good night, Chanel.”