Chapter Ten - The Other Side of the Wall

By Magic

MY POV:

 

  Bounce. Bounce. Bounce.

 

  I’m feeling seasick… What the…I was jolted awake by my bed violently shaking.

 

  Jungkook and Yugyeom were jumping up and down on it, dressed up like a rabbit and a horse. I sat up rather quickly and stared around the room. Two seconds later, I was doubled over with laughter from the sight. Everyone was wearing animal onesies!

 

  Jaebum, dressed as a unicorn, was dancing around the room. Jinyoung and Seongho were wearing matching dog hoodies, while Seongho was holding onto Chanel, keeping her from getting stepped on.

 

  Jackson was dressed up like a giant very sad Eeyore. Sunhyeok was dressed as a monkey with big ears and a banana on his head. Mark was a cute little reindeer with antlers, and BamBam, a parrot, was making angry bird faces at Hoseok the fish. Youngjo, an alligator, and Youngjae, a squirrel, were arm wrestling in the corner. Taehyung the hedgehog was riding around on Jimin the giraffe’s back, and teddy bear Yoonhoo was trying to hug a very disgruntled pig Jungha.

 

  Through my laughter, I asked, looking around. “Wait...where’s Yoongi?”

 

  There he was, sitting on my beanbag chair in the corner, dressed as a purple hippopotamus with a cringey scowl on his face. “This is stupid. Why did you dress me up like this?” He plucked disgustedly at the clothing on his arm, like it had the plague.

 

 “Because it’s fun. And because it’s called good fan service.” Jin crossed his arms authoritatively, making his pink cat onesie look even more hilarious and adorable.

 

  Over on the opposite wall, Namjoon dressed up like a turtle, joined Jaebum in a dance battle and awkwardly began to do his seaweed dance.

 

  “It’s 8 in the morning. It’s too early for this weirdness.” Yoongi grumbled.

 

  “GOOD MORNING!!!” Hoseok shouted at the top of his lungs; his arms spread wide, and a cheery smile that lit up the whole room.

 

  “SHHHHH!!! You’ll wake my mom!!” I giggled nervously. My eyes flew to the bedroom door with concern.

 

  “Oops.” Hoseok squinted, covering his mouth. Everybody froze.

 

  I could hear my mother’s footsteps coming up the stairs.

 

  “Hide!” I hissed, quickly grabbing the remote and turning on the TV, as the boys scurried for cover.

 

  I tried to keep a straight face as Youngjae, Jackson and Taehyung were all trying to squeeze into my tiny closet. Sunhyeok hid behind my door, thinking maybe if he put a lampshade on his head he would blend in. His monkey tail ended up looking like a pull chain. From underneath the bed, Bam Bam looked up at me and grinned, putting a finger to his lips.

 

  My bedroom door opened. “What is all that noise so early in the morning?” My mom asked, glancing around the room.

 

   “Sorry. The TV was too loud.” I winced sheepishly.

 

  “Alright, well keep it down. It’s my day off.”

 

  “Ok Mom. Sorry…” Watching as she disappeared behind the closed door again, I heard giggling float up to my ears from underneath the bed.

 

 I pouted. “Yah! Don’t get me in trouble!” But amused by the sight of the guys crawling out from hiding, I couldn’t hold in my laughter.

 

  Namjoon frowned. “We don’t want to get you in trouble.”

 

  “Maybe we should take her with us?” Jinyoung suggested.

 

  I cocked my head. “What?”

 

  “Want to see where we hang out?” BamBam asked excitedly, jumping up and down. His parrot beak was bouncing on top of his head.

 

 I looked around curiously.

 

 “Haven’t you ever wondered what’s on the other side of these posters?” Jaebum held out a hand.

 

  With wide eyes, they pulled me to my feet and vanished through the posters on my wall. I watched in awe as my hand, holding onto Jaebum’s, melted into the wall. Next my arm. Then, I squeezed my eyes shut as my whole body disappeared.

 

  “You can open your eyes now.” I heard Jungkook chuckle.

 

  My curious eyes adjusted to the new sights around me. I was standing in a large bright dorm room, complete with a built-in kitchen off to one side and black metals stairs leading up to a loft area. In the living room, three beige leather couches lined the wall facing a big flat screen TV and high tech sound system. Splashes of white and gray accents made for a clean modern contrast. But unlike my room, where the morning sunlight filtered in, the windows here were dark in the evening hours. This must be Korea!

 

  “Welcome to our dorm!” Youngjae grinned.

 

  “Wow!” My mouth was hanging open in amazement.

 

  “Well technically it’s GOT7’s dorm. BTS and BEATWIN have their own dorms.” Jinyoung corrected.

 

  “Yea, we can show you ours later!” Yoonhoo smiled brightly.

 

  “How are they connected?”

 

  Mark shrugged. “Magic. Who knows. All we know is one day, we heard your wish that we would be your friends and suddenly we could see you through the mirrors in our dorms.”

 

  “That’s not creepy at all.” I chuckled, rubbing my neck awkwardly.

 

  “It was Jackson who finally figured out we could transport through this one.” Jaebum pointed to the floor length one I had just come through.

 

  “It was terrifying! I thought I had lost my hand!” Jackson whined, still sporting his sad Eeyore costume. He hung his head, making the big floppy ears droop to one side. “I was brushing my teeth one morning and almost fell through the mirror!”

 

  “I would have loved to see that!” I giggled at the mental image; the others joined in the laughter.

 

  Jackson pouted. “This is serious, guys!”

 

  Namjoon cackled. “Jackson, I can’t take you seriously in that outfit.”

 

  “Look who’s talking, Turtle Boy.” Jackson quirked an eyebrow at him.

 

  With a loud screech, Namjoon lunged at him, chasing him down the hall.

 

  Jin spoke. “One day, I heard Kpop blasting somewhere. I thought it was one of the boys, but it was coming from inside our bathroom. I went to check it out and freaked out when the opposite reflection was not the bathroom but a girl’s bedroom!” He laughed, and added, “You have good taste though…”

 

  “Aw thank you.” Smiling awkwardly, I looked over at BEATWIN. “What about you? How did you discover the portal?”

 

  “Jungha tripped.”

 

  “Did not!”

 

  “Did too. Don’t lie.” Seongho giggled. “He was running away from Youngjo after teasing him, tripped on somebody’s shoe, and fell headfirst into the bedroom mirror.”

 

  “It’s a miracle I didn’t die.” Jungha huffed, an annoyed look on his face.

 

  “See? This is why I tell you to pick up the dorm. So you don’t hurt yourself.” Sunhyeok face palmed. “Nobody ever listens to me.”

 

  “Who’s bedroom?”

 

  Yoonhoo raised his hand cheekily. “Mine.”

 

  A blush clouded my cheeks.

 

  BamBam came over from the kitchen with a Coke in his hand, offering it to me. “Are you thirsty?”

 

  “Oh gomawo!” As I took a sip, I looked down and realized I was still wearing my pajamas! “Omo!” Glancing in the full length mirror we had just come through, I eyed my messy bedhead hair and cringed. “I look awful!”

 

  Jimin draped his arm around my shoulder and stared back at my reflection with a flirty smirk. “No you don’t. You always look cute.”

 

  My face turned beet red. Ducking away from his skin-ship, I plopped down on one of the couches next to Seongho, who was playing with Chanel in his lap.

 

  The GOT7 official mascot and queen of the house, Coco the little white Maltese, made a running leap into my lap. “Oh hello!” I giggled as she tried to cover me with doggy kisses.

 

  Chanel let out a tiny meow, stealing the pup’s attention. The dog cautiously inched closer and sniffed the strange kitten.

 

  “Coco, meet Chanel.” Seongho introduced happily.

 

  The puppy wagged her tail, ready for a new friend but the little kitten wasn’t so sure. Her fur bristled and she swished the air with her paw, only making Coco more playful. Chanel cowered behind Seongho’s sleeve.

 

  “Oh well. It’ll take time I guess.” I watched the two interact.

 

  Looking around at their fancy sound system and room that looked like out of a modern magazine, I added. “It’s such a nice set up here. I feel bad you have to hang out in my tiny boring room.”

 

  “Nonsense. We get tired of being here in our dorms. It’s nice to be somewhere new. Plus you have cool stuff!” Jin was sitting on the edge of the sofa, preening the fluffy pink fur on his hoodie.

 

  “Cool stuff? What cool stuff?”

 

  “Oh you know, cosplay stuff.”

 

  “I knew it! You were the ones messing up my wigs!” A playful frown appeared on my face.

 

  Jungkook and Yugyeom both wore sheepish grins and pointed at each other.

 

  I laughed lightly. “Gwenchana… just don’t ruin them.”

 

  “Your mom is coming.” Youngjo flinched and grabbed my hand, pushing me through the mirror.

 

  I stumbled out onto my bed just as my mother knocked on the door. “Honey, I’m making sausage and eggs for breakfast if you want some. It will be ready in a bit.”

 

  “Ok Mom. Thanks!” Just the thought of food made my stomach rumble.

 

  “Guys?” I whispered to my wall. Any normal person would think I had totally lost it.

 

  “Yes?” Jungha’s grinning face popped out, startling me.

 

  I blinked. “Since I’m already out here, I’m going to get dressed. And my mom is making breakfast. So I’ll be back in a bit.”

 

 “Arasso.” He grinned.

 

  Maybe it was just me, but seeing nothing but Jungha’s head sticking out of my wall grinning at me was a tad bit creepy.

 

  “You are such a stalker.” I joked.

 

  His deep laugh echoed through the wall as his head disappeared.