Chapter Sixteen - A Night to Remember

By Magic

  Ready for adventure, Micah and I stepped through the portal into GOT7’s world after we got home from school the next day. The guys were already heading out the door.

 

  Mark smiled, handing us the tickets. I stared down at them. The official GOT7 logo, the colorful seating chart, the Hi-touch VIP backstage pass… Insert fangirl squeal here.

 

   “Omo!” I looked up at Micah. The excitement was building inside me like a volcano.

 

  “Come on! Kaja! Let’s go!” Jackson shouted excitedly over his shoulder, bounding out the door like a basset hound. He was grinning from ear to ear.

 

  Following them out the door, Micah and I immediately halted, staring at the actual GOT7 tour bus parked in the driveway.

 

  “Well? Are you coming?” Youngjae paused with his foot on the bottom step, grinning at us expectantly.

 

  Never in my life had I dreamed I’d be here. And looking over at Micah, I could tell he felt the exact same. Without another thought, we followed the group into the bus. Micah found a spot next to BamBam. I took the empty seat next to Jinyoung. Glancing over, I watched as  Micah started taking selcas with his phone, an adorable grin stretched across his face.

 

  “How’s young love?” I heard Jinyoung whisper beside me.

 

  I looked over at him. His eyes were twinkling. I felt a blush creep onto my face again. “It’s fine I guess.”

 

  He smirked sideways at me. “From that shade of red you’re wearing, I’d say it’s more than fine.”


  Yugyeom shouted excitedly, distracting all of us. Reaching for his seatbelt, he yelled out, “Safety first! Put on your elevator! ...I mean seatbelt!” making the entire bus crack up.

 

  “Dude, when will you ever learn?” Jinyoung rolled his eyes. “You said you were practicing English.”

 

  “I was!” Yugyeom insisted. His face turned red. “I mean I am!”

 

  Riding with GOT7 in their bus to the concert was...let’s just say there was never a dull moment and by the time we arrived, our sides were aching from laughing so hard. I stared out the window excitedly, watching the auditorium grow larger as we pulled into the parking lot.
 

  A group of diehard fans were waiting out back for the bus to arrive. As soon as it pulled into the parking lot, the sound of fangirl screams echoed and bounced off the bus’s metal walls. Stepping off the bus, the screams got infinitely louder.

 

   “Oppa! OPPA!” Some of the girls squealed, trying to gain the boys attention. Handmade signs saying GOT7 FOREVER and MARRY ME MARK were lit up by the glow of the bus headlights and flashing green lightsticks.

 

   “We are hot, so we are oppas.” BamBam grinned, walking passed me with his duffle bag.

 

  Umk BamBam, if you say so. I won’t argue with that. I chuckled.

 

  Mark waved happily at the fangirls holding declarations of love for him, which made them scream even louder.

 

  Jinyoung made a giant heart with his arms over his head, gaining screams as well. “Yessss! I'm a chick magnet!” He grinned.


  Jackson snuck up behind him, threw his arms around him in a tight hug and strained to kiss him on the cheek.


  Jinyoung looked over his shoulder, his smile fading into a mortified grimace. “YAH! Get off! You're not a girl!” He swatted at Jackson's head and chased after him.


  Jackson ran away into the building, cackling like a hyena.
 

  Once inside GOT7’s backstage room...

 

  “Hey bros, we got any Coke?” Youngjae asked. “I’m so thirsty tonight.”

 

  Mark pulled one out of the mini fridge in the corner and handed it to Jaebum, who chuckled, secretly shaking up the soft drink.

 

  With an innocent smile, he handed it to Youngjae. “Here ya go. Drink up!”

 

  Mark hid his mischievous laughter behind his hand.

 

  The unsuspecting guy had barely unscrewed the lid when the top flew across the room with a loud pop, sending carbonated fizz everywhere. Mark and Jaebum doubled over laughing.

 

  “Aish! I should have known!” Whined Youngjae, wiping off his arm on nearby unsuspecting Jinyoung’s shirt.

 

  “YAH!” He stared down at the smudges with a disgruntled frown.

 

  One of the stylists nearby gave them a glare of annoyance.

 

  “Good thing I haven’t changed yet.” Jinyoung passed on the glare to Youngjae.

 

  It was almost time for the concert to start! The talented stylists buzzed around the room fixing hair and makeup, and adjusting final touches on the wardrobe, hurriedly trying to get everyone organized for their performance. Watching the transformation was amazing.

 

  With encouraging fighting cheers, we headed down the hall to the auditorium. Micah and I handed our VIP tickets over to the bouncer at the door, who led us through the dense crowds to our seats in the front row. I glanced over at him. He couldn’t stop grinning. But then neither could I.

 

  The lights dimmed down low but the tension in the room built to an overwhelming level. It was so quiet, you could hear a pin drop. Soft piano notes drifted through the auditorium speakers. Aesthetic images of Youngjae flashed before us, drawing our eyes to the screen overhead. Jaebum and Jinyoung’s profiles also appeared, surrounded by soft white light, as the lilting music swirled, captivating us. Mark smiled. The crowd let out screams of excitement. Soon the music took a turn, changing the whole feel of the video. The others appeared, flashing across the screen one by one. Lights flickered in sync with the electronic bass played to images of them staring into the camera alongside each of the members names. Finally ending with a group photo with GOT7 written in huge letters. The screams grew louder.

 

  Sirens. The beat dropped. Red blue and green strobe lights swept out from the stage, flickering and dancing to the music. Suddenly fire bursts shot up out of nowhere. Smoke filled the stage. Seven familiar silhouettes appeared through the mist. A sea of green lightsticks swayed around us as the music and sirens grew even louder. Fireworks exploded just as the curtain dropped. The crowd went ballistic.

 

  I was startled for a moment, feeling Micah grab my hand tightly in anticipation. Already high on adrenaline, the butterflies in my stomach barely had to do much for me to feel giddy. Smiling, I turned my attention back to the stage just as the music started up again.

 

  The crowd roared to life as the guys rose up out of the stage, nowhere near where I was expecting them to be. Micah and I were jumping around fangirling, letting out dolphin squeals like weirdos as GOT7 started in on their first song of the night, an anthem that hyped the crowd. Their vocals were amazing!

 

  Since we were right up next to the stage, some of the guys walked right past us and even stopped to wave to the crowd. Jackson and BamBam playfully pretended to knock each other out at one point. Background dancers appeared, joining in the choreography. Yugyeom giggled as he teased the crowd, throwing in a few body rolls.

 

   “Hello Aghases!” Jinyoung spoke when the song ended. The crowd cheered.

 

  “Let’s introduce ourselves!” Yugyeom suggested, earning another cheer. He pointed to the leader.

 

  “Hello everyone, I am Lim Jaebum, the chic leader of GOT7!” He blushed and took a bow.

 

  BamBam poked him. “Why are you blushing? We haven’t even shown abs yet.” Everyone laughed.

 

  He grinned. “You’re next, Jinyoung hyung.”

 

  “Hi, my name is Jinyoung; Eomma of GOT7!” He smiled, waving to the audience.

 

  Youngjae glanced around. “Who’s turn is it?”

 

  “It’s yours.” Jackson hid behind Mark.

 

  “But why do I gotta go next?”

 

  “Ok I’ll go next.” Mark stepped away from Jackson, leaving him out in the open.

 

  Everyone laughed when BamBam suddenly appeared behind Jackson, whispering creepily into his microphone. “I’m right behind you.” Jackson cringed and scurried away.

 

  Mark poked his cheeks cutely, grinning. “I’m Mark, the best looking one of GOT7!”

 

    BamBam took front and center. “Yo what’s up! My name is BamBam! I’m the cute one of GOT7!” He dabbed and made a cute aegyo face.

 

  Jackson pushed him out of the way and posed playfully. “I’m wild and y Jackson of GOT7!”

 

  Jinyoung eyed him. “What’s y about that pose? You look like a chinchilla.”

 

  “Chinchillas can be y too.” He argued.

 

  “Ok Youngjae, it’s your turn.”

 

  He waved. “Hi, I’m Youngjae, the awkward one.”

 

  “That was definitely...awkward.” BamBam chuckled, making the crowd laugh.

 

  Youngjae shrugged. “Told ya.”

 

  “Who’s left? We forgot someone.”

 

  Yugyeom crossed his arms and pouted.

 

  “Oh right, the maknae.” Joked Mark.

 

  “Thanks guys.” Yugyeom rolled his eyes. “What’s up, I’m Yugyeom.” Was all he said.

 

  “That’s it?” Jaebum asked.

 

  “Yep.” He grinned. “I don’t need an introduction. My name says it all.” The room erupted in screams.

 

  GOT7 blew us away with their performance. So much talent. I mean I knew these boys were talented, but wow! The vocals alone were astounding. To see it up close and personally in your face was more than a dream come true. I felt happy seeing their beautiful smiles. You could tell they were having so much fun up there doing what they love.

 

  After the concert was over, we got signed albums and a Hi Touch with the guys. Waiting around for the event to wrap up, Micah and I sat and talked even though both of us were clearly about to lose our voices from all the screaming. We talked about the concert, about life, about what we wanted to do in the future.

 

  “Hey Micah?” I fiddled with a loose string hanging from my dark wash jeans.

 

  “Hm?” He looked over at me.

 

  “Thanks for hanging out with me.”

 

  He looked a bit surprised. “Uh, you’re welcome…”

 

  I answered the unanswered question in his eyes. “I’m not the most popular kid in school. I’m socially awkward and don’t really have many friends.”

 

   He was quiet.

 

  I glanced up anxiously to meet his steady gaze.

 

  “I think you’re cool.” He ran a hand through his messy dark hair, watching me closely.

 

  My heart fluttered in my chest.

 

  He added with a smile. “Better to have one real friend than tons of fake friends.”

 

  “And that one real friend?...” Curiosity in my voice.

 

  He looked offended. “Me, of course.”

 

  Looking at each other, we shared a laugh.

 

  “Thanks.” I smiled. “For being my friend.”

 

   “I can be more than that you know…” He quirked an eyebrow at me, making the heat in my cheeks rise to an abnormally high level.

 

   My insides did somersaults as he leaned closer. We were an inch apart, waiting, wondering. Suddenly, without warning, I felt a hand on the back of my head as his lips crashed into mine. I was surprised by the force of it. That is, until I heard multiple giggles behind us.

 

  When we separated, my face was as red as a beet. But Micah looked just as flustered as I did.

 

  The GOT7 boys were standing right behind us with huge grins on their faces. Jaebum wiggled his eyebrows at us while Jackson, the true fanboy, was letting out high pitched dolphin squeals and clapping his hands like a seal. And we can’t forget about the random screeches Yugyeom and BamBam were letting out.

 

  I couldn’t help but laugh, as I buried my embarrassed face in my hands.

 

  “Ah, young love.” Mark looked so proud.

 

  “You two love birds ready to hit the road?” Jinyoung smirked teasingly.

 

  You don’t have to tell me twice. I jumped up and practically ran to the bus.

 

  The guys plotted and conspired against me, taking up all the seats except for the one right next to me, forcing Micah to sit beside me on the ride home. I pretty sure neither of us minded in the least. Still blushing, I turned to peer out the window, feeling a small smile creep onto my face.

 

  The soft bumping of the bus ride lulled us. Half of the guys fell asleep. Everyone was exhausted after the concert, so the bus was pretty quiet. BamBam was sitting across the aisle from us, headphones in, listening to music. He glanced over at us and smirked.

 

  I yawned. Next thing I knew, I dozed off as well, my head drooping.

 

  Arriving back at the dorm, groggy and worn out, the squeal of the bus brakes and the sound of voices woke me. It was then that I realized where I was.

 

  Had I fallen asleep on Micah’s shoulder? How embarrassing. “Sorry.” I mumbled.

 

  “No problem.” He smiled as he stood up to exit the vehicle.

 

  As I stepped off the bus, BamBam nudged my shoulder. “He moved you so you wouldn’t get a stiff neck.”

 

  “What?” I was groggy and confused.

 

  He nodded towards Micah, who was already heading back inside the dorms.

 

  My eyes followed his gaze. “So...me waking up on Micah’s shoulder….?”

 

  My sentence went unfinished as BamBam grinned and gave me a wink. Who died and made him Cupid?

 

  I clamped a hand over my mouth as shocked realization hit me. Micah did that.

 

  Yep. Best night ever.