Chapter Twelve - The Makeover

By Magic

   “I don't want to go to school…” I whined.

 

  It was Monday morning again. A pop quiz was waiting for me today as well as more detention. Lovely. Since BTS and BEATWIN were busy today, the GOT7 members were the only ones hanging out in my room.


  “Wae?” Jackson was sitting on the end of my bed making an origami….what is that?...

 

   “Jackson, what are you making?” I asked, genuinely confused as to what he was trying to create.

 

  He looked offended. “It’s Yoshi! Can’t you tell?” He held up what was supposed to be a green dinosaur.

 

  But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t equate the Mario reference. It looked more like a mushroom than a dinosaur.

 

  Shaking my head, I changed the subject, answering his first question. “I hate going to school because I always get bullied.”

 

  BamBam and Jaebum looked up from the playstation in alarm. “They don’t hurt you, do they?”

 

  “Ani...well there was this one time…” Memories of the fight I had with Liz flooded back to me, making my head hurt. I winced.

 

  “If they hurt you, you let us know, arasso?” Mark frowned, cracking his knuckles in a frightening manor. I knew what kind of martial art skills he possessed.

 

  “Thanks guys.” I smiled, feeling safer already.


  “Hwaiting!” Encouraged Youngjae from his spot on the floor next to Jinyoung.

 

  Soon, I was on my way out the door. Another day of learning. Hopefully today will be better than last week. When I entered my first class, I was surprised to see Micah waiting for me. Oh yea! I agreed to work with him!

 

  He came over to my desk with a smile, looking handsome in his blue and white polo shirt and jeans. “Hey.” He said simply, running a hand through his dark brown locks.

 

  “Hey.” I answered back, bashful as ever. Why was it so awkward now?

 

   “So do you want to meet after school to work on the project?”

 

  I chewed on my lip. “I have detention, so it will have to be after dinner.”

 

  “Oh. Ok.” He fidgeted on one foot. “Meet at your house? My parents are out of town on a business trip...otherwise I’d invite you back to my place.”

 

  Such a gentleman. I smiled, feeling gooey inside. “Sure.”

 

  I had a hard time concentrating on my classes. Every time I peeked a glance at Micah, he was peering over at me. Giddiness bubbled up inside me. Could it be that my long time crush was finally reciprocating? Dare I hope?

 

  Detention. What a lovely thought. Gloomily, I opened the classroom door and prayed nothing bad would happen to me. Just let me get through today, God.


  Liz nudged Katrina in the shoulder, nodding towards the doorway I stood in. Their judgemental gazes bared down on me. Whispers reached my ears as I walked quietly to the chair in the front row and sat down. Chase looked at me nervously. Seeing his face again made me want to hurl. What had I seen in him anyway? Had he told the others about what happened?


  Sitting next to Katrina, Teddy smirked at me, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. “So where is your gang?”
 

  “Huh?” I looked up confused.


  “Your scary Asian friends that won't let anyone touch you…” Teddy scoffed, rolling his eyes at Chase like he still didn’t believe a word of his ‘tall tale’.

 

  So he did tell. Thanks Chase. I groaned inwardly. I didn’t need anything else to be ridiculed about.

 

  “I don't know what you're talking about.” I mumbled, praying that they would suddenly forget what they were talking about. Maybe the fire alarm would go off, cancelling detention. Or a meteor could hit earth and we would all go home for the day. Yea right. Dream on…


  The door opened and my eyes widened in shock. In walked GOT7, BTS, and BEATWIN! They definitely looked like a badass gang of Asians, with their Kpop swag.


  A smile spread across my face. “Oh, you mean those scary Asians...” I crossed my arms and looked over at my classmates terrified faces. It was so worth it to see them sweat.


  Chase started shaking like a leaf and hightailed it out of the classroom before anyone could stop him.


  The teacher stood up with a jolt. “Excuse me...Why are there so many of you in detention?” She looked around at the nineteen extra students.

 

  Namjoon glanced over at me and winked. “We’re transfer students.”

 

  “Uh...well…” The teacher mumbled, looking down at her list, confused and overwhelmed. “Well, find a seat, I guess.”

 

  They found seats around me. There was one less seat, so Taehyung sat down on Jimin’s lap. Jimin didn’t appreciate that very much. He grimaced and tried to shove Tae off, but that boy is like a leech. He hung on for dear life.

 

  I leaned over and whispered to Jinyoung sitting next to me, “What are you guys doing here?”

 

  “Well, you seemed pretty down when you left. Plus we were worried about you.” He whispered back, eyeing the group huddled together in the back corner giving us the evil eye. “We figured we cheer you up if we showed up at your school. That way we could help you out if there was a problem with them.” He nodded towards my enemies.

 

  “Wow. Thanks!” It was my turn to be overwhelmed.

 

  Yoonhoo was sitting calmly on my other side. It dawned on me that they said they would be busy.

 

  “Hey, I thought you guys were at practice?”

 

  “We finished.” He checked his wristwatch. “That was Korean time.”

 

  “Oh right. I forgot.” I chuckled.

 

 The rest of detention was a breeze. Jared and Liz and their gang didn’t dare try anything. Chase never came back.

 

  It was very entertaining with the guys there. The teacher was busy working at her desk, filing paperwork and grading papers. Hoseok, BamBam, and Jackson started making funny faces at her while she wasn’t paying attention. Namjoon and Seongho let out giggles, alerting her to glance up. Everyone deadpanned. Acting normal until she looked down again.

 

  The others joined in, screwing their faces up in distorted ways. I couldn’t hold back a laugh. The teacher looked up at us again with a frown. I bit my lip trying not to smile.

 

  The teacher stood up and announced, “I have to go make copies. I will be right back. Behave and don’t go anywhere.” She disappeared out the classroom door.

 

  I looked over my shoulder and noticed Jimin was flirting with Liz and Katrina. He said something that made them blush.

 

  “Traitor.” I huffed, turning back to face the front.

 

  Namjoon heard me and glanced over at the maknae. He elbowed Jin and whispered, “Pass it on.”

 

  Jin reached over and poked Hoseok, nodding towards Yoongi.

 

  Hoseok nudged Yoongi, who was dozing off.

 

  He jolted awake. “Why are you pushing me?” He fumed.

 

  Hoseok looked over at Taehyung and Jimin who were both now flirting with the enemy and said, “Pass it on.”

 

  Yoongi turned to the maknaes and whacked them both over the head.

 

  “Yah! What was that for?” They whined, rubbing their sore heads.

 

  Jungkook was cackling in the back row, just as the teacher came back.

 

   Awkward silence. Except for the random cricket chirping somewhere in the room. Oh the irony.

 

  When detention was over, we all walked home together.

 

  “Gomawo.” I thanked them. “Detention wasn’t nearly as bad because of you guys.” I grinned.

 

  “Don’t mention it!”

 

  My phone buzzed just as we reached the house.

 

  I’LL BE OVER AT 7PM. HOPE DETENTION WASN’T TOO BAD. :)

                                      MICAH

 

  The guys were trying to read over my shoulder.

 

  “Oooh! Is it your boyfriend?” Jaebum kidded playfully, making me blush.

 

  “Yea, he’s coming over after dinner.”

 

  Jackson squealed happily. He grabbed my hand, yanking me into the house and dragging me up the stairs, followed by the others. “Makeover time!”

 

  They plopped me down at my desk and spun me around to face them. Mark and Youngjo retrieved my makeup collection from the closet shelf. Jin started brushing my hair. The others opened every makeup case I owned and laid them all out on the bed.

 

  Jungha looked lost. “What do we pick first?”

 

  Yugyeom picked up a blush. “I like this eyeshadow. Let’s use this!”

 

  “That’s not eyeshadow. That’s blush!” Yoonhoo argued.

 

  Taehyung picked up a lipstick and sniffed it. “Is it edible? It smells like cherry?”

 

  “No, it’s not edible Taehyung.” My fears were growing. “I knew I should be worried…”

 

  Jin chuckled behind me.

 

  Jackson stood in front of me and applied a lip color. He stared at me a minute and frowned. “Not the right color.” Picking up another color, he looked at it warily.

 

  Then is a burst of brilliance, he decided to test the color out on himself. I watched in horror and amusement  as he stood awkwardly in front of the mirror and smeared the bright red lipstick on his lips. The lipstick broke in half, smudging across his cheek. He looked up in alarm; a deer caught in headlights. I couldn’t be mad. He was too cute.

 

  Jaebum tried on a darker shade. “Which looks better?” They turned to face us.

 

 “I’d go out with Jaebum.” Namjoon teased.

 

  “Hey!” Jackson puffed his lips put in a pout, the lipstick smearing even more.

 

  Sunhyeok shook his head. “It’s too dark. She should look natural.” He picked up a lighter shade of pink lipstick and applying on my mouth. The rest nodded in approval.

 

  Jin had pulled my wavy curls into a loose braid off to one side. Seongho picked out a light pink blush and Hoseok and Jimin decided on a gold eyeshadow.

 

  Mark knelt down and began gently applying the makeup to my eyelids.

 

  I shut my eyes and tried not to fidget. “Are you sure you know what you’re doing?”

 

 “Gwenchana. I have two older sisters so I know a thing or two.” He mumbled while focusing on the task at hand.

 

  “I’m not gonna ask how you know.” I chided.

 

  “His sisters liked to dress him up like a Barbie doll when he was little.” Jinyoung burst into giggles.

 

  Mark’s face turned red.

 

  “Guys, hurry. It’s almost 7!” Jungkook exclaimed, looking at the clock.

 

  Putting the finishing touches on my makeover, they stepped back to admire their handy work. I turned slowly to look at myself in the mirror. My heart was pounding nervously.

 

  My reflection stared back at me. I was surprised! I actually looked really pretty! The gold eyeshadow made my eyes appear larger and brighter. I rubbed my cheeks a bit. Jackson applied a little too much blush, but I forgave him. I would definitely have to remember this look for later!

 

  The doorbell rang.

 

  Everyone looked at me.

 

  “Well? Go answer it!” Yoongi pushed me out the bedroom door. “Bballi!”

 

  I paused and looked back over my shoulder. “Thanks guys.”

 

  With proud smiles, they watched me disappear down the stairs.