Chapter Five - Your Worst Nightmare

By Magic

Out of sheer boredom, the guys were gallivanting around the neighborhood terrorizing the locals. Food went missing. Things got misplaced and accidentally broken. Like some poor kid’s rope swing that they all tried to swing on. And there was a quickly spreading rumor that a strange gang of hoodlums were spying into people’s homes. I think the cops even had an APB out now.

 

Some of the maknaes came running around the corner of a house with terrified expressions. “Bballi! They called the cops on us! Hide!”

 

“Jinjja?! What did you do this time?” Jaebum gave a nervous glance to Namjoon and Sunhyeok.

 

“Nothing!! We were sitting there minding our own business petting a cute kitten when some lady screamed and said to put her cat down!” Seongho pouted. “I just wanted to pet the kitty.”

 

Wary glances were exchanged between the leaders again.

 

Sunhyeok spoke up, eyeing his maknae suspiciously. “Are you sure that’s all you were doing?”

 

Seongho nodded emphatically and hugged his jacket tighter. A lump in his pocket twitched.

 

“Then what is that in your pocket?” Jaebum crossed his arms authoritatively.

 

“Nothing.” He hugged it tighter and his pocket let out a tiny meow.

 

The sound of a car coming their way startled them.

 

Jimin, Taehyung, Seongho, and Mark took off down the sidewalk screaming. “Run!”

 

Momentarily stunned, the others just stood there before racing after them. Hoseok was taking up the rear yelling, “Dashirunrunrun!”


 

MY POV:

 

With my head down and my headphones in, my playlist changed to Just Right by GOT7. This song always makes me feel better about myself. I hummed along and shuffled down the sidewalk on my way home from school. My mind was reeling from the events of the day. Micah’s brief comments replayed like a movie in my head. A small smile appeared on my face. I felt giddy.

 

Suddenly, someone reached up and pulled my headphones out of my ear.

 

“Yah!” I was ready for a fight. Who dares pull my headphones out?!

 

Chase held up his hands in defense. “Hey.”

 

“Oh it’s you. Hey.” I continued walking.

 

“Hey, wait up!” He called after me, matching my stride. “I’m sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable today. I just think you are really cute and wanted to get to know you better.”

 

I stalled in midstep. This guy keeps putting my focus on life into a tailspin. Not quite sure how to respond to that, I blushed and continued my trek homeward. I’ve been a wallflower my whole life with no real dating experience. I always end up making everything awkward.

 

“Umm… Thanks?” I chewed on my lip.

 

He laughed, following after me. “You are so awkward, it's cute.”

 

There was my house. Home sweet home.“Um, well...do you want to come in?” My hands fidgeted as I unlocked the front door.

 

He grinned big. “Sure.”

 

Dropping my bag and jacket on the couch, I headed into the kitchen for something to suppress my hunger. “Can I make you something?” I called out over my shoulder.

 

“What do you have?”

 

I checked the cabinets. “Uh….ramen...and uh, more ramen.”

 

“Then I guess I’ll have ramen.” He chuckled.

 

I started rambling, talking about miscellaneous stuff, trying to keep the conversation from being awkward, but the more I talked, the more I felt like an idiot. I’m probably boring him to tears.

 

Chase got up from the kitchen table and wandered into the adjoining living room, looking at the house.

 

“Nice house.” He casually inspected an antique vase on the bookshelf that had been in my family for generations.

 

“Thanks.” I finished my bowl of ramen and put the dish in the sink.

 

“Where’s your mom?”

 

“She’s at the office. She works late most nights.”

 

“Oh… so it’s just you and me?”

 

I cringed. This plan wasn’t very well thought through. “Um...yea I guess so.”

 

Chase’s expression changed. I didn’t like the look in his eyes. Closing the distance between us, he cornered me by the fridge; his hands creeping to places they shouldn’t go.

 

I didn’t like this feeling. “I have to… use the bathroom.” With that, I ducked out of the kitchen and hightailed it upstairs.

 

UNKNOWN POV:

 

Nineteen sets of curious eyes watched intently from the doorway.

 

“Who is this dude?”

 

“He looks kinda creepy.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I don’t know, I just don’t like him.”

 

“You don’t like anybody, Yoongi.”

 

“True.” He shrugged.

 

“Aish! That guy is checking out her ! He’s not even paying attention to what she’s saying. What a jerk!”

 

“Waaaah, can I punch him Hyungnim?”

 

“She doesn’t look like she wants him here.”

 

“Hyung! We have to save her!”

 

“Bballi! Hide! Here she comes!” We scattered into the master bedroom.

 

She ran past the door and up the stairs in a hurry, not looking too comfortable.

 

“Jaebum! Where are you going!?”

 

“I’m gonna go teach this punk a lesson.”

 

“We’ll come with you.”

 

CHASE’S POV:

 

I wandered around her living room, waiting for her to come back from the restroom. This girl is playing hard to get but I know it’ll be a piece of cake. The guys bet $40 I couldn’t get her. Little does she know. Chuckling to myself, I turned around to glance up the stairs, and just about crapped in my pants. Standing directly behind me was rather large gang of scary Asians.

 

“What the crap?!! Where did you guys come from?” I backed up a few feet, bumping into the edge of the sofa. There was at least...15 of them. I was severely outnumbered. Man, where are the guys when I need them?

 

“From your worst nightmares.” One of the taller ones with purple hair that looked like he could karate chop me in half smirked.

 

My palms were getting sweaty. Is this girl part of the mafia or something?? I wondered if my shaking fingers could dial 911 in time before I ended up on a milk carton. My voice wavered, but I tried not to show too much fear. “What do you want?”

 

“You touch our girl, you die.”

 

“Um…..what?” I’m seriously getting nervous now.

 

“You heard us. Get your nasty self out of this house and don’t ever bother her again! You got that?” One wearing a tight muscle shirt accentuating his buff arms took a threatening step towards me; he looked like he could take me out in a second.

 

I tripped over the sofa on the way to the door. “Ok! I’m going! Don’t hurt me!” In my haste my clammy hands jiggled the doorknob, finally getting it open and I disappeared out into the night.

 

UNKNOWN POV:

 

“Hahaha! Did you see the look on his face! We got him good!”

 

“From your worst nightmares…” Hoseok cackled. “Good one, Namjoon!”

 

“Wow, no wonder she always comes home depressed. Who would ever want to go to school with that neanderthal?” Jackson stated, locking the front door.

 

Seongho suddenly exclaimed as a small gray kitten dashed through the group and under the confines of the sofa. Sunhyeok rolled his eyes and gave the younger a stern look. The maknae cringed and ducked down to try and retrieve the animal.

 

“She’s coming back! Quick!” We all disappeared back into the master bedroom.

 

MY POV:

 

I had stalled in the bathroom long enough. I couldn’t just leave the sleazy guy to wander around my house all night. What if mom came home? No, I had to stand up to him and get him to leave…somehow… My confidence was failing me again. An annoyed sigh escaped me as I hoisted myself up off the bathroom tiles.

 

Cautiously, I opened the bathroom door and glanced nervously down the stairs. You can do this. If he gives you any crap, just kick him in the jewels. It’s easy. Pep talking myself had never been harder. Forcing myself down the flight of steps, I found the living room empty. Confused and concerned, I checked in the kitchen. Empty.

 

“Chase?” My voice squeaked a bit.

 

No reply. Where on earth did he go? Maybe he got tired of waiting for me. I checked the front door. It was locked. That’s odd.

 

“Chase?” I called out a bit louder.

 

“He’s not here.” A voice said behind me.

 

I froze. What the…. With bulging eyes, I pivoted around and discovered the Bangtan Boys standing in my house.

 

“What the actual….” I couldn’t finish. I forgot how to speak.

 

“Hey.” Namjoon said in casual English; his deep voice echoing through the living room.

 

I just blinked at them. My brain had blown a fuse.

 

Hoseok and Taehyung giggled behind their leader.

 

“Yah, what did we miss?” Suddenly, there was GOT7…...and BEATWIN!?!?!

 

How is this even possible? Literally freaking out, I let out another fangirl scream. A hand clamped over my mouth in embarrassment at what I had just let loose. “Mianhaeyo…” I whispered hoarsely, sitting awkwardly down in the middle of the floor because my legs had given out. My mind was trying to fit together the pieces. “How is this even possible???”

 

“Magic!” The boys grinned.