Chapter 7

You, Who Saved Me From Myself

Moon Byulyi’s POV

 

 

“Then I’ll stay,” she said, shocking even myself as I lose the will to take the next step. I turned my body back to face her as I gritted my teeth hard, tensing my jaw. My heart skipped a bit when I was met with her soft, yet challenging gaze.

 

“Why … are you staying? When I clearly told you to leave,” I asked and felt a little offended when her lips curved a smile.

 

“Because,” she paused and took a step forward, evading my personal space as she stood so close to me with our toes touching each other’s. I cursed inwardly every time I inhaled and her sweet scent entered my nose, igniting my long forgotten desire. Everything just got ten times worse when she lifted her head and stared into my own hazel orbs, taunting me with her brown one. She then added, “I hear hesitation in your voice, but I saw desperation in your eyes. Say no or but, and I promise you … I’ll kiss you right here, right now,”

 

‘What? Did I hear it right? She wouldn’t dare, isn’t she?’

 

“But,” I tried to reason out when she suddenly leant in and sealed my lips with hers. Her eyes was tightly shut and her hands were placed on both of my shoulder. I froze, feeling quite flustered with her sudden moves. She was kissing me softly and almost too innocently, two combination that I never came to like. But with her, soft and innocent, doesn’t feels like a bad combination at all. I was tempted more than I’ve ever been with the way she moved her lips gently against mine. I groaned and fluttered my eyes close while praying for the sweet heaven to forgive the sin that I was committing and the sin that I was about to commit. I then brought my hands up, only to wrap my fingers around her nape and pulled her closer to me, causing her to shudder. I her lower lips, telling her to part her lips and was more than happy when she parted her lips, letting me to slip my tongue in, igniting her y moan. I was this close to comply with my lust when I felt a few soft tap on my shoulder, a way to tell me that she was losing her breath. Feeling reluctant to completely break the blissful touch, I then brought my hands down and curled my fingers at the side of her waist before I broke the kiss off.

 

We were both panting heavily, trying to catch our breath when she speak, “told you, I’m going to kiss you if you ever say no or but,”

 

‘What if … I did so because I, want you to kiss me?’

 

And I chuckled. I then leant my forehead against hers as I asked, “Do you want to know the truth?”

 

She nodded and somehow, relieves washed over me. Maybe it is now time for me to step out of this darkness and maybe I finally have the reason to. Maybe Wheein was right, when she said that I need a sun to save me from the darkness. Maybe I need to give the sun a chance to stay.

 

“Then, stay,”

 

 

 

Comforting silence grew around us and the only obvious sound was the sound of our breathing. Her breath that was fanning over my lips somehow gave a sense of comfort. I smiled and leant further in to give her slightly parted lips a soft peck before saying, “I guess … life is being quite ironic on me,”

 

She squinted her eyes and ran her hands that was still on my shoulder along my arm before wrapping her arms loosely around my waist.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“It’s just … those people that I begged to stay, they chose to leave. But here you are, someone who I plead to leave … yet, you chose to stay. Isn’t it ironic?” she said nothing, but she brought her right hand up and cupped my cheeks. She caressed it using her thumb for a while before sweeping my fringe that was slightly covering my eyes away

 

“You know what? Fate … will never go the way we asked it to, it always has its own way, its own path. But trust me, it never meant to ruin you, it’s just trying its very best to make you stronger. So please … stop living your life in darkness. Step out of it and let me be your sun. I promise … I’ll shine on you forever.” she said softly, eyes staring into mine and before I realised anything, I’m already in her arms while sobbing like crazy.

 

“Just let it all out,” she said while patting on my back. She then added. “I’m here and I’m not leaving,”

 

 

 

I was barely calm though the hiccupping has long gone and I was still trapped in Yongsun’s arms with my face buried on her shoulder when the door to my room was being roughly pushed open, startling me. I lifted my head up from her shoulder, only to see a flustered short-haired girl. She was standing awkwardly while playing with the hem of her oversized sweater. I broke the hug off and Yongsun quickly turned her body to face the door.

 

“Ahn Hyejin,” she muttered. The girl looked up and flash an awkward smile before bringing her hand up and waving it slightly. I crossed my arm in front of my chest as I fixed my gaze on her.

 

“I’m … sorry. I just … err … I just it’s been so long and …,” she stuttered as she rambled nervously. I sighed and bumped my shoulder with Yongsun. I tilted my head toward Hyejin when Yongsun turned to me, telling her to stop Hyejin from her rambling.

 

“Hyejin-ah,” she called softly.

 

“And … Yongsun unnie is still not coming down. So, I’m ...,”

 

I drew out a breath when Hyejin is still not stopping. I furrowed my brows and decided to try my luck, “Ahn Hyejin-ssi,”

 

“So, I’m getting worried. Because … err … b … because,”

 

“Ahn Hyejin!” Yongsun suddenly yelled out, startling even myself. She looked at me and giggled before she turned her head back, to look at Hyejin.

 

“It’s okay, Hyejin-ah. Moonbyul-ssi, I think my lion is turning soft lately and I think … it’s because of a certain puppy. Can you call her over? I think I need to have some talk with that puppy,” Yongsun said, giggling. I smirked when I noticed an obvious blush on Hyejin’s cheek.

 

“Did you eat yet, both of you?” I asked to change to topic and not to mention, I’m super hungry. Both of them shook their head and I sigh.

 

“Go down, eat something and change into something decent after. I’ll bring the tray down and we’ll meet at the front porch in 30 minutes. I’m bringing you somewhere,”

 

 

 

Yongsun was a step away from leaving the room when I called for her. She turned to me with her brows furrowed and lips pouting.

 

“I think … you’re forgetting something, Yongsun-ssi,” I said and her brows furrowed further. 

 

“Huh? No, I’m not. I have everything with me,” she said as she flashed me her small note book and her blue pen. I sigh and shook my head left and right.

 

“That is the problem. You have everything with you and you should’ve left it with me, but you don’t” I said and pinched the bridge of my nose after. She massaged her temple frustratingly as she stared at me.

 

“What are you talking about, Moon Byulyi-ssi,”

 

I smirked and took a small tentative step to her. I stopped when I was a step away from her and I curled my fingers around her right hand before I yanked her closer to me, making her gasped in surprise. I then circled both of her arms around my waist before I cupped her cheek. I leant in and stopped when my lips was just an inch away from hers.

 

“You forgot to kiss me, Yongddon-ie,” I said before my lips finally landed on hers, giving her a soft peck.

 

“Yah! I’m …. I’m,” she shouted frantically and I just smirked.

 

“Yeah … yeah … go eat something and I’ll meet you in 30 minutes,” I said as I pushed her out of my room by her shoulder.

 

 

I strode along the corridor with Hyejin walking on my left while Yongsun on my right. The wall was painted with white and constant beeping sound resonated along the corridor. A few people walked out of one of the room with face either wet with tears or shoulder dropped in disappointment. There was a faint smell of alcohol that entered my nose every time I inhale, making me slightly nauseous.

 

“Unnie, what are we doing here?” Hyejin asked me timidly. We are still awkward with each other, but at least better than before. Maybe the light conversation that we had during the ride helped, though only one topic that stuck inside my mind, making me giddy every time I’m reminded of it.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Maybe … both of you should call me ‘unnie’,” I said as I waited for the light to turn green. I saw Yongsun obvious glance on me and raised my brow up.

 

“How old are you?” Yongsun asked me. I smirked and confidently told her my age. I was surprised when she suddenly scoffed.

 

“Byul-ah … Let me tell you a secret. I’m a year older than you, so I demand you to call me ‘unnie’,”

 

I cupped my hands on her cheek and turned it to right and left. I then formed a fist with both of my hand before squeezing her cheeks with it. She slapped my hands away and stared at me with an annoyed expression.

 

“Lying is bad, Yongsun-ah,” I said, still refusing to acknowledge the truth.

 

“I’m not lying! And I told you to call me Solar. S-O-L-A-R, Solar!” she said with her arms crossed in front of her chest and she was sitting sideway so that she can fixed her gaze on me, without straining her neck.

 

“First, you look nothing like your age. Therefore, I’m not calling you ‘unnie’. Secondly, I like the way ‘Yongsun” rolled out of my tongue better, so I’m not calling you Solar too,”

 

“Wh … what? Yah! Me looking younger is not a reason for you to not call me ‘unnie’ and what’s wrong with Solar? It’s a pretty name,”

 

“I don’t care, but I’m not calling you ‘unnie’. And I think you kind of adore the name Solar, how about we give it to our daughter instead? Moon Solar sounded perfect to me,” I replied. She drew out a loud sigh and ran her fingers through her hair before she fixed her gaze on me.

 

“Moon Solar is a weird name. She’s just going to be teased because of that stupidly weird name,” she retorted, even stomped her legs.

 

“Then, how about Moon Sun. Like, I’m the moon, you’re the sun and she’s … well, she’s both. Therefore, her name is Moon Sun. Like it?” I asked and she looked at me with an are-you-serious look.

 

“What’s wrong with you? All those names, Moon Solar and Moon Sun, they’re both weird. Our daughter will just became a humourless joke if she really end up with either one of those silly name,” she replied and I smirked when I noticed something.

 

“Our daughter? So, you agree to have a daughter with me?” I teased. She gasped and cleared after.

 

“I … I mean … Yah, Moon Byulyi! Are you proposing to me?” she asked as her gaze changed from nervous to mischief. I laughed and patted her head before taking one of her hand in mine and kissed the back of her palm.

 

“What if I say I am? Will you say yes?” I decided to play along. But as they say, some jokes are half meant and so do mine.

 

“No, I won’t!” she replied. I placed my hand on my chest, just above my heart while making an expression as if I’m hurt by her.

 

“Why?”

 

“We’re in a freaking car, waiting for the light to turn green while on our way to only you know where and you don’t even have a ring with you. So, how do you expect me to say yes? Can’t you be a little bit more romantic?”

 

“I can … if you agree to have at least a child with me. But, I don’t mind if we have one basketball team with us. So, can you do it?” I said and yelped in pain when she sent her deadly hard slap on my shoulder. I was about to further when Hyejin patted my shoulder and told me that the light had long turned green.

 

Just so you know, I'm not calling the mother of my child 'unnie',” I said as I wiggled my brows at her, making her pout.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

I stopped when I’m in front of the room at the end of the corridor. I fluttered my eyes close and took a deep breath before I circled my fingers around the door’s handle. I snapped my eyes open and was about to push it open when someone pulled it from the inside, causing me to stumble forward and almost crashed my face on someone else’s chest if not for my quick reflex.

 

I looked up and saw a man wearing a blue fitted button down and black slacks inside of a knee length white coat with a stethoscope hanging around his collar. His black hair was styled upward, creating a professional image of him.

 

“Miss Moon,” he muttered in shock. I can’t really blame him, it has been a year since the last time I came.

 

“What’s with the formality, Minseok-ah? We’re all friend, aren’t we?” I asked and he smiled. He slid his left hand into his pocket while his right one was still holding on the door’s handle. The door was slightly ajar, but I can’t see the inside because his body was blocking it.

 

“I’m sorry, but I’m working. So, I prefer to call you Miss Moon,”

 

“Whatever. Can I … can I see her now?” I asked. He turned his head slightly to the left and glanced inside the room before fixing his gaze on me and drew out a despair sigh.

 

“Yes, you may. But Miss Moon, can you pay my humble office a visit once you’re done here? I have something to talk about with you,”

 

“Sure,”

 

“Then, I’ll make my move first,” he said as he closed the door and gave me a slight bow after. I shifted slightly, giving way to him. I then turned to look at the room in front of me. Once again, I took in a deep breath and curled my finger around the handle.

 

I pushed the door open and lifted my gaze up before saying, “It’s been a while, Haneul-ah,”

 

 

Please subscribe/vote/ comment. Thank you.

P.s. Now we know how Byul think during the kiss. And, Haneul is back? So, I’ll see you when I see you !!!! ^.^