Chapter 1

You, Who Saved Me From Myself

Author’s POV

 

The taxi stopped and two girl stepped out of it with their luggage in their hand after muttering thanks to the driver. They gaped at the fancy looking mansion that was right before their eyes as soon as the taxi left.  The possibility of it to belong to some royal families came to their mind, seeing how fancy it is. But a different thought then came into their mind as they were reminded of the location of the mansion, it was situated in a secluded part of the city. Making them asked the inevitable questions like whether the owner have a severe social phobia or maybe a completely introverted person.

 

Yongsun grabbed Hyejin’s hand before dragging her to near the gate before pressing on the bell once. They waited for a moment before a voice was heard through the intercom, “Who are you?”

 

Yongsun cleared one before replying through the intercom also, “Kim Yongsun and Ahn Hyejin. We’re here for the job that Ms.Kuku hired us for,”

 

“Come in,” the voice said before the gate slides open. The two girls then tightened their hold on their one and only luggage before walking past the gate. They gasped in shocked as soon as they saw the garden that was in front of the mansion. Not because of how fancy it looked, but because of how awful it actually is. It certainly ruined the fancy image that one would think before stepping past the front gate.

 

The garden was huge with various type of flowers planted, but something was wrong with them. All of the flowers are withering and wild grass are also starting to grow. There was a medium sized fish pond at the centre of the garden with two stools were placed beside it, but as they approached the fish pond, once again they gasped out of shock. The fish pond was there, looking as fancy as ever, but there was no fish nor water in it.

 

They walked further and saw a familiar girl at the doorstep. She was wearing a casual clothes today, different from what she wore when they met her yesterday. They quickened their pace and stopped right in front of the familiar girl while panting hard.

 

“Hello, Yongsun-ssi and Hyejin-ssi. I’m glad that the two of you are to make it here, unscathed,” she said which the other two girl only reply with a small smile. The garden was so freaking huge and walking through it took so much of the girls’ energy, so talking is not really the luxury that they could afford right at that moment. Can you imagine how huge the garden was?

 

“So, the code for every single door here is 921222. You’re 30minutes late, but I’ll just let it go since I know how hard it is to hail a taxi in the morning, but make sure this is the last time. Now, you should go inside and cook something as the breakfast should be delivered to her room not later nor earlier than 8.30a.m., okay? Once you’re inside, make sure your moves are as discreet as possible, she hates loud noise. If ever you saw or heard anything weird, ignore it and carry on with what you’re doing, you got me? Keep the phone close to you and always answer my call before the 5th ring. Also, if you ever need anything, my number is already there, just call me. As for the kitchen supply, someone would deliver it every two days, exactly at 6.30a.m. That’s it, I’m leaving,” the girl with a cute dimple said without giving any chance to the girls in front of her to in. She was a few step away from them when she turned around and walked to them.

 

“There is a piece of paper on the counter top in the kitchen, it is the schedule for your every movement in this house. Make sure to follow every single of them. The girl living in this house, she lives by schedule and she hates any deviation,” and again before the two other girl was able to say anything, she had walked away from them, to her car that was parked nearby. She stepped into her car and drove off, leaving the two girls standing awkwardly at the doorstep.

 

Ahn Hyejin POV

 

Okay, so the cute dimple girl left. She freaking left after giving a long morning instruction, or was it a speech instead? Whatever, but her dimple is seriously cute, it makes me want to try and poke my finger at it. I heard Yongsun unnie heaved a heavy sigh before she walked to the front door and enter the code that the cute Ms.Kuku told us. She pushed the door open before tilting her head to me, telling me to go with her, into the mansion.

 

I went inside and what I saw inside, made me think what happened to this house and its owner. The curtain was tightly closed, not allowing even a ray of sunlight to peek inside. The furniture was all over the places and the piano at the corner of the room was covered with a piece of white clothes. I looked at the wall and gasped when I saw it was full of the drawing of a girl, judging by the long hair and the clothes that she was wearing in the drawing. But what more shocking is that all of the drawing has one common trait, the girl’s face was painted with a dark shade of red, almost the same shade as blood.

 

“Ignore it, Hyejin-ah,” Yongsun unnie said as she was standing beside me, looking at the same drawing that I was looking at. She looked quite calm, but I know, she was as terrified as me, her quivering lips and her tight hold on my hand showed it all.

 

“Ye … Yeah unnie. We should start cooking for breakfast now,” I said as I stuttered from the nervousness that I’m feeling. We walked into the kitchen, and saw a piece of paper on the top of the counter. I lifted it up and my eyes went wide because of what I saw. Ms.Kuku is not lying when she told us that this piece of paper have the schedules for our every movement.

 

6.00– wake up

6.30 – pick up the kitchen supplies

7.00 – cook breakfast

8.30 – deliver it to one and only room in 3rd floor + take the dirty laundry

9.00 ~ 9.30 – pick up the tray and clean the room in the 3rd floor

9.30 ~ 11.45 – clean the house

11.45 ~ 12.15 – break

12.15 – cook lunch

1.30 – deliver lunch

2.00 – pick up the tray + arrange the clean laundry in her closet

2.00 ~ 3.59 – break

4.00 ~ 4.59 – clean the garden

5.00 ~ 5.59 – break

6.00 – cook dinner

7.30 – deliver dinner

8.00 ~ 8.45 – pick up the tray and clean the room 9.00~10.00 – manage the laundry (wash/dry them/ fold them)

#the kitchen supplies will be delivered every two day

 

Wow, are we babysitting or are we working as a maid? But where’s the kid that we’re supposed to babysit? She’s not even on the list. I was still staring at the piece of paper when Yongsun snatched it from me before looking at me with her infamous glare and said, “Start cooking, Ahn Hyejin. We only have one hour left,”

 

We’re done cooking and we’re now on our way to deliver it to the 3rd floor. We decided to make an American styled breakfast since it was easier to make and faster to cook. We were climbing the stairs to the 3rd floor, since Yongsun unnie said that she was too scared to go there alone.

 

We stands in front of the door and wait for a minute more since it was 8.29 when we got there and Ms.Kuku said we shouldn’t be earlier than 8.30.

 

When the clock strike 8.30, we knocked the door twice before stepping into the room. Like any other spaces in this mansion, the bedroom too was messy and full of the drawing of the same girl, also with her face painted with red. But there was a unique scent in the room, vanilla scent mixed with a tinge of apple. The smell is kind of addicting though.

 

There was a two-by-one foot white canvas with an unfinished drawing placed on its wooden supports and a high stool in front of it, right in the middle of the room. The tools that she used to draw and paint was scattered on the table near the canvas and there were even a few of them that fell on the floor. There was water splashing sound coming from the bathroom. Maybe the owner of the room was taking shower.

 

The tray was left on the table opposite from the bed. Yongsun unnie then tore a piece of paper from her notebook that she kept in her apron’s pocket and wrote ‘may you have a good day ahead’ using the pen that was lying still on the table and put it on the tray before we stepped out of the room.

 

1st chapter is up. What do you think about it? Please vote/subscribe/comment. Thank you!!

 

a/n: I’m currently doing a kdrama marathon, another Oh Haeyoung and I was so happy when mamamoo’s mr.ambigous was playing at the back during one of the café scene (This happened for Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bokjoo too, but it was another song playing).

 

Byul also came out on KBS’s Sister Slam Dunk as an example for girl group rapper who wrote their own rap. Aren’t you feeling proud? Because I am! Hehe