Chapter 2

You, Who Saved Me From Myself

Ahn Hyejin’s POV

 

Almost a few weeks after I started working here and doing the exact same routines every day. I can’t help but to notice that something is wrong with this job, more specifically, something is wrong with the owner of this mansion that we’re babysitting. I mean, we never saw her, not even her picture and aside from Ms.Kuku who sometimes drop by at the odd hour of the day and the young man who delivered kitchen supplies at dawn, nobody ever come to this mansion. Honestly, this mansion is awfully gloomy during the day, but extremely creepy at night.

 

Yongsun unnie was busy arranging the breakfast on the tray while me … I’m trying to get rid of this boredom I’m feeling. I walked around the kitchen while touching every object that my hand can reach, annoying Yongsun unnie quite a bit before my eyes caught the stack of paper on top of the kitchen cabinet. It was the notes that Yongsun unnie often left for the girl I the 3rd floor, every day, on her breakfast tray. I stood on my toes as I tried to reach for the papers and heaved a relieved sigh as I managed to have it.

 

I brought all the papers with me as I walked to the dining table and took a seat there. Both side of the paper have something written on it, only by two different people with two different writing, one is upright and neat while the other one is cursive.  Judging from the cursive handwriting, I doubted that the girl in the third floor is a kid, instead I think she is a fully grown-up woman who was either too introverted to get out of her room or she suffered from a severe social phobia.

 

I took the piece of paper that was on top of the stack and had ‘may you have a good day’ written on it and flipped it to the other side. There was her reply there, but I don’t know whether to pity her or to be amazed by her.

 

‘Good day is no longer meant for me, so stop wishing me for one. And next time, please refrain yourself from using any of my belonging. I hates it, no matter how pretty you are.’

 

I took another piece of paper and read what Yongsun unnie wrote before flipping it and read the other person’s reply.

 

‘Told ya, you’re praying for the impossible. So stop praying for me to have a good day and start praying for your cooking to taste better instead. Please don’t kill my taste bud.’

 

I drew out a sigh as I turned to Yongsun unnie’s direction who was still busy arranging the breakfast on the tray and decorating it like someone was actually gonna admire her art work. Should I tell her that we better leave this creepy job and mansion behind? But we’ll go back to sleeping in the cold alley and having only one meal a day if we leave. Should we just stay until we got this month’s pay, find a house and hunt for a new job?

 

The girl in the third floor is starting to creep me out badly and I’m afraid that we might find a corpse hanging from the ceiling soon. I mean, judging from everything in this mansion, it clearly showed that the girl have some serious issues with her state of mind. So, finding a corpse might not be impossible at all. Right?

 

I was about to put the notes back with the other in the stack when the next piece of paper caught my attention. Unlike the others, it was already on the other side, ‘her’ side.

 

‘How come I’m still falling when I’m already flat on the ground with my knees bleed and heart shattered?’

 

I wonder what Yongsun unnie wrote for her to give this type of reply. So I flipped the piece of paper to Yongsun unnie’s side and guess what Yongsun unnie wrote.

 

‘I’m using my own pen and I’ve discarded that black and white maid outfit like you asked me to (though I really love how I looked in that). But, we can’t risk you falling for me right? ^_^’

 

“Hyejin-ah, it’s almost time. Let’s go,” Yongsun unnie said as she stopped right beside me with the food tray in her hands. She’s stopped wearing the stupid maid outfit (that she thought cute) since few days ago and right now, she’s just wearing her casual wear which is almost too casual. I nodded and raised the papers up, signalling that I’ll just put it back to its original place before following her upstairs.

 

 

8.30a.m. and we’re standing right before the door of the room in the 3rd floor. Like any other time before, we knocked twice and stepped inside before hearing any reply, not that we’re expecting any.

 

We placed the tray on its usual position, on the table adjacent to the bed and Yongsun unnie took a piece of paper from her jean’s back pocket before placing on the tray. She then went to pick up the dirty laundry from the basket that was at the corner of the room.

 

I read what she wrote before I took the fancy looking pen that was lying on the table. I then scribbled something on the piece of paper, right under the note that Yongsun unnie left and placed it back on the tray.

 

‘What happened and did it hurt? Falling, I mean.’

 

I’m sure Yongsun unnie would be so angry at me later when she read this note. But I don’t care, I have a curiosity to be satisfied. Yes … yes … I know curiosity kills the cat, but I’ll just cross the bridge when I get there and I hope I won’t forget to bring the poor cat with me as I cross the bridge.

 

“Hyejin-ah, leggo,” Yongsun unnie said while tilting her head to the door and holding the dirty laundries in her hand. Relax, she’s not holding it with her bare hand, she had put the dirty laundries into a plastic bag. I left the room with Yongsun unnie and somehow, I’m excited for ‘her’ replies today.

 

 

I swear, I hate this job so ing much. Our movements were all well planned, make me feels like I’m back to being student (which ignite my rebellious spirit). But whenever I thought of the big pay … maybe I should just put my hate aside and keep hanging on to this job.

 

We stepped into the room after knocking the door twice, and yes, you guessed it right. Knocking the door twice is our way of letting the other person know that we’re stepping inside. Both of us went straight to the table after stepping in, excited for her replies. I grabbed the piece of paper before Yongsun unnie was able to.

 

‘Life is a test, but living is a bless, huh? Try living your life in the shadows of pain, then you’ll know what it meant to just smile in vain.

My happiness was robbed and my soul was snatched. My knees were left to bleed while my heart was left to shatter. This is what happened.’

 

I sense a dagger coming from my side and as I turned, I saw that Yongsun unnie was glaring at me with daggers in her eyes. I chuckled nervously and she only heaved a sigh before saying, “Let’s just start cleaning the room, Hyejin-ah,”

 

We walked calmly towards the bed, not expecting to see anyone lying on it since the owner of the room would always be somewhere unidentifiable when we came to pick up the tray and clean the room. We are nearing the bed when I saw a girl, laying still on the wooden floor near the stool in front of the canvas, what more shocking was the fact that I saw a dark shade of red liquid on the floor near the unconscious girl. I grabbed Yongsun unnie’s hand and pointed my finger to the girl’s direction. I heard Yongsun unnie gasped out loud before she dragged me towards the girl.

 

Finally back!! Please tell me what you think of this chapter and subscribe/vote. Thank you.

 

A/r (author’s ramble.LOL) : I found myself writing poems (not sure if this is what it should be called) for these past few days. All those words just came across my mind, and I decided to make ‘she’ as the tittle. LOL. It was a depressing one (at least for me), but somehow I felt like it was about myself as I read it. LOL