Chapter 3

You, Who Saved Me From Myself

Ahn Hyejin’s POV

 

I was dragged by Yongsun unnie to go near the unconscious girl. Yongsun unnie then squat down beside her while I’m just standing there awkwardly, not knowing what I should do. The girl has a long black her and it was covering her face, perfectly hiding it from our view. She was lying on her side and was loosely holding a paint brush in her right hand. I let my gaze linger on her and the panicked Kim Yongsun before I turned my gaze to the drawing on the white canvas.

 

It was a side view of a girl standing by the beach with her arms spread wide and eyes tightly shut. Her hair was swayed to the back, maybe because of the strong breeze and her lips was curving a smile. She looked so perfect in that drawing that I started to wonder of how beautiful she is in real life. Unlike any other drawing in this mansion, the girl’s face is not yet painted with red.

 

I unconsciously took a step closer to the canvas and ran my right forefinger on it. I was busy tracing every single line in the drawing when I noticed another mystery of the drawing. There was a faint drawing of another girl, hands holding to what seems like ice cream while staring right ahead and lips curving a slight smile. I was so into the painting when I heard Yongsun unnie calling for my name, disrupting my focus on the drawing. I looked at her who was squatting beside me and lifted one of my perfectly shaped brow.

 

“Thank god it was just paint and not real blood like I thought. But Hyejin-ah, she’s heating up and maybe that is why she fainted,” Yongsun unnie nagged while brushinging the unconscious girl’s hair to the side, slowly revealing her face. I swear my breath hitched and I stopped listening to whatever Yongsun unnie was saying as soon as I saw her face. She … felt familiar, somehow. That was what crossed into my mind before I roamed my gaze back to the drawing and everything clicked.

 

“Ouch!” I yelped when I felt a slight sting on the back of my thigh and waking me up from the deep trance. I looked down and saw an irritated looking squirtle with her forehead creased and her lips forming a noticeable pout. I muttered a quick apology for kept losing my focus and suggested to lift the unconscious girl up from the floor and lay her on the big comfy bed instead.

 

“That was what I’ve been saying while you’re busy roaming in the other side of the … I don’t know, universe maybe,” she said with an annoyed tone, making me laugh.

 

X X X X X X X X

 

“So what should we do now? Should we call Ms.Kuku and asks for her help?” Yongsun unnie asked me as soon as we place the girl safely on her comfy bed.

 

I shrugged my shoulder and frowned when I remember something, “But she said that she’ll be outside the country for a whole month, starting from today,”

 

Yongsun unnie seems to be thinking for a while before she opened to say, “Bring me a basin full of water. We need to cool her down,”

 

Kim Yongsun’s POV

 

I stared at the unconscious girl in front of me as the door clicked shut. This is the first time of me seeing her, but I can’t deny that she is too handsome for a girl. Seeing the way she looks now, makes me wonder of how would she looks like when she is wide awake. Will she looks as handsome as now or maybe more?

 

I lifted my right hand up and ran my pointing finger on her perfectly shaped brows and moved it down to her cute nose after. I can’t help myself, the urge to run my finger on her pretty face was too much for me to handle and I can’t deny, she indeed have a smooth skin. Going lower, I soon touched her lips. It was dry and chapped, yet it was soft at the same time. How does it feels like, to be able to kiss her soft lips? I felt my heart beating faster with that thought on my mind.

 

A creased was then formed on her forehead, followed by a frown on her lips. Her smooth neck is now glistening with sweats. She was breathing hard while muttering incoherent words under her breath before her eyes suddenly fluttered open. I froze, feeling awkward. My hand is still on her forehead as I tried to smoothen the creased there before she opened her eyes. We stared at each other for almost a minute before she suddenly get up and wrapped her arms around my neck. She placed her head on my shoulder before sobbing hard, so hard that I think my shirt is now soak with her tears. I then wrapped my arms around her waist as I rubbed her back in a circular motion to soothe her while trying to tell her that she is not alone and that I’m there with her, for her.

 

We were still in that position when the door opened, revealing a shocked Hyejin. Her eyes turned wide when she saw the position that we’re in. She opened and closed for a few times before finally say while walking toward us, “Unnie, I got the water here,”

 

I felt the girl in my arms flinched, like she finally realised something. She stopped sobbing and was about to release me from her tight hug when I lifted my right hand up to stop her from breaking the hug. I don’t care if I catch her fever, holding her in my arms felt so freaking amazing that I want to hold her longer.

 

“Let me go. Don’t want you to catch my fever, I still need to eat and you have to improve your cooking,” the girl in my arms weakly said, forcing me to release her. She avoided my gaze and lied comfortably on her bed before shutting her eyes. I placed the basin of water that Hyejin brought on the table near the bed before ing the shirt that the girl was wearing.

 

She opened her eyes and stared at me with her hand on top of mine before saying, “What are you doing?”

 

I curved up a smile before saying with a soft reassuring tone, “Don’t worry. I just need to get you out of this shirt and wipe you with the cold water over there so that I can stop you from heating up even more. Okay?”

 

She seemed more relaxed after I told her that. She let go of my hand and fluttering her eyes close after, allowing me to go back to what I was doing before she stopped me. I let the shirt opened after I was done ing it and continue to wipe her using the clean towel that Hyejin brought along with the water. She moaned when the wet towel touched her skin.  Her moan sent me all sorts of feeling. My body felt hot all over, yet I’m having goose bumps like I’m standing in the cold without wearing any jackets. 

 

“Stop, its cold,” she said as she yet again placed her hand on top of mine, trying to stop me, I presumed. I heaved a sigh and moved her hand away before continued wiping her with the wet towel.

 

“I know, but we need to stop you from heating up even more, that is if you don’t want to end up in a hospital,” I said softly, almost sounding like I’m talking to a 5 years old.

 

She chuckled weakly, still with her eyes closed before muttering, “Thank you,”

 

“My pleasure. Now, you need to take some pills for your fever. I’ll bring it up for you,” I said as I put the wet towel into the basin full of water. I stood up and took the basin with me before stepping out of the room with Hyejin beside me.

 

I’m going to be so busy for a while after this, so I decided to post this chapter up before I went into MIA mode. ^_^

Please comment/subscribe/votes. Thank you.

P.S : I’m sorry to those who I don’t reply to their comment. I’ve been quite busy. Lastly, wish you have a great day/night ahead. And before I forgot, I’m trying to think of an OC name for future use, but I seriously can’t think of any. Care to give some suggestion? Thank you. ^.^