Chapter 5

You, Who Saved Me From Myself

Longest chapter, yet the hardest to write.

Warning : This chapter contain swear word. My advance apology if it made you uncomfortable. And, this chapter may not exceed nor meet your expectation. Sorry.

 

Author’s POV

 

“… stay,”

 

Thud … Pprraanngg ….

 

The sound resonated loudly inside the room, startling the girl that was sitting on the high stool. Her shoulders flinched and both of her hands came right up to cover both of her ears with her palm. She was then engulfed by a weird sensation, overwhelming her, before what happened on that fateful day played right before her eyes, messing with her already messy mind. Her breath hitched and shortened as the cold sweat started to from on her smooth forehead. Her hands turned numb before it trembled almost too obviously.

 

Endless fear flows through her veins as her heart started to beat faster, causing her chest to throb in pain. A big imaginative lump clogged her windpipe, giving her hard time to even breathe. Time passed and she was getting more anxious or maybe desperate as her head was pounding so painfully. She wrapped her hands around and started clawing there, leaving a few long scratch mark that was soon covered by blood. She stopped when she realised that her pathetic attempt was futile, instead it just intensified the pain more. She brought her hand down and made a big mistake when she decided to let her gaze linger on her palm.

 

 

Red … Blood …

 

What she saw definitely threw her over the edge. Her body started to shiver and convulsed uncontrollably, causing the stool to topple over and sending her directly on the hard floor. Laying on her side as lips shivering from the fear and cold, everything started to become blurry for her. She knew right there and then, that her consciousness is slipping right through her fingers, making her more desperate than she have ever been.

 

“Please … save me,” she mumbled in despair. She was then pulled up and someone helped her to sit.

 

A warm sensation then embraced her, replacing the cold. Do you know the feeling you get when you walked into somewhere warm after spending hours out in the cold? Those tingly yet comfortable type of feeling, making you want to sigh in delight and forcing the giddy smile to form on your lips.  Do you know what I’m saying? If you do, then that is exactly how she was feeling.

 

She then heard a voices, trying to save her, but it was layered by the loud sound of her beating heart. The darkness around her was growing when she decided to chase for the voices. But the distance kept on increasing and she was falling deeper into the darkness. It got worse when she felt that the warm is also leaving her. Fear doubling and desperation growing as her tears leaking. Thoughts of her dying started to fill her mind and regrets started to fill her heart.

 

She then felt warmth cupping her cheeks, forcing her to lift her gaze from her own two feet. In the midst of blur, she saw a pair of the most mesmerizing brown orbs, staring right into her hazel one. Dragging her gaze lower, she then saw a pair of pink luscious lips, tempting her sanity. . The thoughts of kissing it came into her mind, yet she never found the courage to do it. The pair of lips … it was moving. But she heard none of the word that came out from it

 

“Cold … please … warm … hug,” she muttered incoherently with her shaky voice.  The warmth then came back, pulling her right out of her trance. Finally she heard it, the angelic voice.

 

“Stay with me, ignore other noises. Listen to me and only me. Inhale through your nose,” she paused for a moment, then said, “now, exhale through your mouth,”

 

She did as she was told and everything seemed to be getting better. Her heart came back to its regular pace and the throbbing pain in her chest along with the pounding in her head felt less painful. The big lump inside also started to go away, giving more space for her to breath. As a result, her vision and sense of hearing also came back. The only pain she was feeling, was around , where the scratching mark was obvious.

 

Moon Byulyi’s POV

 

Inhale … Exhale …

 

“Thank you,” I said as I pushed the girl that was hugging me by her shoulder. She hesitantly broke the hug, but she never let go of her hold on me. Now, I hate to admit it … but I think, I’m missing her warmth around me.

 

She was still crouching in front of me, wearing a totally different outfit than what she wore earlier this morning, but still looking as beautiful as ever. Her fingers were curling tightly around my shoulder, orbs staring right into mine before the question that I loathe the most flew right out of , “Are you … are you okay?”

 

I nodded, gaze lowering before it decided to stay on her lips. Now it is getting hard for me … to stop myself from kissing her there and then. The girl, there’s something special about her that pulled me right in, stirring my lust and heightening my desire. Her orbs and her lips, they scream seduction. But her whole feature, it was just purely innocent and cute. How can those y orbs and lips suit her innocent feature perfectly?

 

I opened my mouth and was about to thank her when I heard a ‘click’ sound before the door was pushed open, revealing someone whose I dreaded the most. The girl also turned around to see who the intruder is before she gasped.

 

“Jung Wheein,” // “Kuku-ssi,” me and the girl mumbled stimultaneously.

 

“I knew it. You’re the one who hired all these people, isn’t it? Why don’t you just stop, Wheein-ah,” I said as my lips curved into a mocking smirk.

 

“Aish, unnie! Why am I feeling as if I’m not welcome here?” she then replied, sounding hurt.

 

“Maybe because you really ARE not welcome here,” I stated dryly and coldly, making her pout. No, don’t take it wrong. I don’t and never hate her, Jung Wheein. I mean, how can I hate someone who reminded me so much of a cute but lost puppy. It’s just that … the mere sight of her, make me drown deeper into the sea of guilt. I was one of the person who’s responsible for her now miserable life, yet she never blamed me for it. Looking at her trying so hard to cheer me up when she’s as miserable as me … it hurt me beyond words.

 

“Oh,”

 

“Why don’t you just stop, Wheepup?” I asked tiredly.

 

She lightly massaged her temple and walked toward me, avoiding the shattered glass on the floor before crouching right beside the cute girl whose name I don’t know. She took my right hand and caressed the back of my palm before saying, no it’s asking, “How can I stop, unnie? Tell me how can I stop when my favourite moon is losing its shine?”

 

Her question caught me off guard, so I pulled my hand away from her hold. I then opted to hug my knees while fixing my gaze on the shiny marble floor as I said my thought out loud.

 

“Then you tell me Wheein-ah, how can the moon still shine when her one and only sky is now gone,”

 

Wheein cupped both of my cheeks, lifted my head up and forced my gaze to stay on her. Then with a low soothing voice, she said, “That is the reason why I’m trying so damn hard to look for a sun … to save my moon from its own darkness,”

 

I lifted my right hand up and curled my fingers around her wrist as I let my gaze linger on hers. I then opened my mouth to ask, “What if … what if the moon doesn’t want to be save?”

 

“Why, Byulyi unnie? Why are you denying yourself a chance to get out of the darkness that is around you? Why?” she replied, sounding frustrated. Now, let me tell you a secret. Nice wheein is surely cute, but frustrated wheein … is scary as hell.

 

“Ahn Hyejin-ssi … Kim Yongsun-ssi … go and wait for me downstairs. There’s something that I want to talk to you about,” wheein said in a commanding tone aura which made the other two ladies scared. They muttered a quick yes before scurried over to walk out of the room.

 

“Yah! Moon Byulyi!” Wheein shouted as soon as the door clicked shut. I really should prepare myself for a long speech from Wheein and the strings of curses that she’s going to throw at me. She may be younger than me, but she never give a damn about formality nor respect when she’s angry.

 

“Do you know how busy I am and how hard am I trying, to save you? I should be in a plane right now, flying to Europe to save your stupid company from falling deeper into the slump. But then I thought that it can wait and maybe I should pay your y a visit first, because you know … you’re definitely more important than that stupid company and I’m afraid that this might be my last chance to see my moon, before she completely succumb to the darkness. But unnie! If this is the way you decided to act, then maybe I worry over nothing and maybe I should stop trying to save you,” she stopped, staring hard into my orbs as anger was showing all over in her eyes. I’m expecting for her to curse, not for her to give this long and emotional speech. I’m not ready for this and never will.

 

“You … you don’t get it, Wheein-ah,” I muttered underneath my breath.

 

“What? Are you being serious, unnie? Damn you!” she pulled her hand away from my cheeks before she stood up.

 

“Damn you, unnie! Whatever you’re feeling right now … I have it worse than you. She’s your sky, but to me … she’s my world. You love her? Well … you! I love her more. And what if the moon doesn’t want to be saved?” she paused as she lets out a dry laugh. A drop of tears then fell from her eyes before she wiped it using the back of her palm.

 

“If you doesn’t want to be saved … then fine. I’ll leave you alone and I’ll take those two girl with me. Just please, make sure I won’t get any call from the hospital nor police, saying that you committed nor tried to commit suicide. If that happens, I’m going to resent you … forever,” she said coldly and turned her heels to leave the room.

 

She was holding onto the doorknob and was about to push it open when I voiced out, “Jung Wheein … I’m sorry. Please, don’t hate me nor give up on me. I promise, I’ll try hard to get better,”

 

I then heard her sigh as she turned her head to look at me.

 

“No, I’m sorry, unnie. I’m being too harsh. I’ll see you when I come back from the Europe trip … I promise,” she said before she finally walked out of the room and slammed the door shut.

 

Please subscribe/votes/comment. Thank you.

 

Ps. I hope the part where Byul’s having the panic attack turn out well. This chapter is really hard to write especially on the part where Byul is having panic attack and the part where Wheein is being frustrated with her Byul unnie.

 

A/n : I was thinking hard … whether I should update this tonight … or not? Because I think, I update my story too fast. But I can’t stop myself, so I decided to ignore my all those thoughts and just update this story tonight. LOL. Anyway, are you interested in reading non-moonsun fanfic? Because I have few good non-moonsun fanfic that I can introduce if you’re interested. XD

 

Teaser :

Leave, I don’t need you here.

 

Which one should I listen to? Your lips that is pleading me to leave or your eyes that is begging me to stay?