Chapter 10

You, Who Saved Me From Myself

Author’s POV

 

“Well, I guess it is now time to wake up from a good night dream,” Hyejin voiced out from where she stood with a small smile tugging on the corner of her lips. Hearing what Hyejin have got to say, Yongsun was washed with a sense of guilt, forcing her to let out a dejected sigh.

 

“I’m … sorry, Hyejin-ah,” Yongsun muttered lowly. Hyejin turned her head toward Yongsun and her smile widened.

 

“You don’t need to, unnie,” Hyejin simply said, making Yongsun’s heart grew heavier with guilt. How can Hyejn forgive her so easily like that? Doesn’t she want to know about what happened before they were kicked out of the mansion?

 

“Don’t you want to ask about what happened?”

 

“Do you want me to?” Hyejin retorted back. She lets out a low chuckle when Yongsun replied with a timid ‘no’. She then walked toward Yongsun and took Yongsun into her arms.

 

“Then I won’t” drops after drops of tears fell on Yongsun’s cheek, soaking Hyejin’s shirt once she heard Hyejin’s reply. Wheein crossed her arms in front of her chest as she watched the scene unfolded right before her eyes and a small smile found its way on Wheein’s lips when she realized how strong Hyejin and Yongsun’s bond was.

 

“Take your time; I’ll be just here waiting. And you don’t need to worry over anything, I think I have a perfect place in mind for the both of you,” Wheein said after the mini drama ended. Yongsun was still stifling her sobs when she nodded her head and went inside the mansion along with Hyejin.

 

 

Yongsun took a deep breath in and exhaled loudly once the cold fresh air had filled her lungs. She rubbed both of her palms together, simply because she has nothing to do and there is no Hyejin for her to have a small talk with as she had went for a vacation with her girlfriend.

 

Hyejin … Yongsun still had some remaining guilt toward Hyejin from before. She had told Hyejin about what happened before they were kicked out of the mansion and honestly, she was expecting the latter. She had expected Hyejin to be angry at her, she even expected Hyejin to tell her that she is a great disappointment. But none of those happened. Hyejin had only smiled and the only thing that she had said was, “Unnie, I don’t care about what happened in the past and I don’t care even if you don’t tell me,”

 

Clicking her tongue, Yongsun then let her gaze to wander around. She was overwhelmed by the memory from a year ago when she saw the familiar sign of a café. She looked down to her feet and chuckled bitterly when she had realized that she was walking on the same pathway from a year ago. She lifted her gaze back up and thousands of thoughts started to play in her mind. But one thing that she wondered the most is that since when did everything turned out wrong?

 

Was it when she took the job from Wheein? Was it wrong since the very first moment that she stepped her foot into the creepy mansion? Or maybe it was when she shamelessly fell for the owner of the creepy mansion? All these thoughts than led her to another question, a question which she wished that she’d never have to answer.

 

Did she regret anything from a year ago … anything at all?  She never needs any extra moment, not even a second for this question. She always had the answer deep inside her heart that she can answer it in a heartbeat.

 

No. she regretted nothing. She never regretted the fact that she took the job and she surely doesn’t regret the moment that she stepped into the mansion. But more than anything, she never regrets falling for Moonbyul, only to have her first heartbreak in her whole existence.

 

Yongsun stopped walking when a gust of cold wind blew in her direction, sending shiver down to her spine, forcing her to cross her arms in front of her chest and hugged her body tighter. Her shoulder slumped in regret when she was reminded of what she had chosen to wear. White dress shirt and her favourite grey slacks, along with her favourite black converse. She even dared to leave her coat behind because nobody, not even the weather forecast had predicted the day to be so cold. Maybe she shouldn’t have the weather forecast the next time around, Yongsun thought to herself. She was about to walk away when someone bumped into her, causing her to yelped in both pain and surprise.

 

“I’m sorry … I really am. I was so into my reading that I kind of lost my sense of surrounding,” the man apologized profusely while bowing to Yongsun repeatedly. Yongsun lips formed a small smile before she looked down to her own feet where she felt a slight weight. She then saw a not so thick magazine and her breath hitched when she saw the beautiful face that was decorating the front cover of the magazine, with ‘The Moon of MoonSky’ written in bold.

 

‘Moon Byulyi!’

 

Yongsun ignored the man who was still bowing to her and bent her knees down before she stretched her hand out to pick the magazine up. Her hand was a few inches away from the edges of the magazine when she stopped. Her smile quivered when she noticed the changes that Moonbyul had casted upon herself.

 

“She changed her hair colour yet again,” Yongsun mumbled to herself, not expecting for the man to hear.

 

“I know right? But you can’t deny that she’s looking so damn hot with this new colour,” the man spoke, or maybe ‘fanboy-ing’ would be the best term. Waking up from the trance, Yongsun stretched her hand out for a few more inches before she picked the magazine up and straightened her back.

 

“I personally prefer her previous hair better. This new hair … it is as confusing as its owner,” Yongsun casually said while handing the man his magazine back. The man hummed and raised one of his brows, creasing his forehead in the process before he looked at Yongsun questioningly.

 

“Do you know her personally? Can you arrange for us to meet?” the man asked her in a complete fan boy’s mode. Yongsun looked at him apologetically and shook her head left and right for a few times.

 

“I’m … just one her fans,” the man slightly groans and hunched his shoulder in disappointment. He then rubbed his nape as a blushed crept up on his cheek when he noticed Yongsun’s stare.

 

“That’s quite a…” the man paused and scratched his forefinger on his chin as if thinking of the best words to say, “Disappointment? I mean, you kind of got my hopes soaring up high there,”

 

“I’m sorry,” Yongsun uttered while her lips curved up another smile and she tucked her hands into her back pocket. The man lifted his hand up and waved it dismissively before his face contorted in complete panic when he noticed the time on his wristwatch.

 

“Oh ! I’m running late for work,”

 

“Just don’t read while you walk. Or else you’ll bum into another person and got delayed again,” Yongsun teased when the man walked past her in hurried steps. The man made a thumbs up with his right hand and lifted it up without turning back to Yongsun.

 

Yongsun drew out a sighed when she was reminded of the Moonbyul that she saw on the magazine earlier, or more specifically Moonbyul’s hair. The man was indeed true when he had said that Moonbyul looks hot with this new colour. But the problem now is that what is the actual colour of her hair? Was it black or blue? Or was a dark kind of purple? Say like, violet or indigo, maybe? Yongsun huffed angrily when she still can’t figure the colour of Moonbyul’s gair out.

 

“Damn that girl! How can her hair be as confusing as she is?” Yongsun cursed inwardly while walking away with her hand tightly crossed in front of her chest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Solar noona! Thank god you’re here now,” a guy named Jungkook beamed excitedly once she walked into the café that she was working at. Yongsun was then dragged into the corner of the café where six other guys were gathering and forming a small circle among them while speaking, or more like bantering in a hushed tone.

“What’s wrong? What are you doing here?” Yongsun asked as she went near the guys. The banter stopped almost immediately and they all turned their heads toward Yongsun almost in a perfect unison.

 

“Noona//Solar!” they screamed simultaneously, startling Yongsun. What Yongsun failed to notice during the chaos was the pair of eyes that was watching her since she stepped inside the café.

 

“We are in a very big problem, noona,” Namjoon said, showing both of his dimples. Seeing this, Yongsun’s hand instinctively shot up and poked both of Namjoon’s dimples, earning a few groans from the guys around her.

 

“Why? Your cute dimples are still here, so I don’t see any problem, Namjoonie,” Yongsun cooed cutely while still poking Namjoon’s cheeks, forcing a blush to creep up on the poor guy’s cheeks. A pair of arms then came from behind her, taking her hands off of Namjoon’s cheeks and turned her around.

 

“Yah, Kim Solar! Namjoon’s dimples are not the problem,” the guy with a light brown hair, Jin, reprimanded with his hands still wrapped around both of Yongsun’s wrists.

 

“Then what is? I don’t think there is any bigger problem than having Namjoon’s cute dimples to suddenly vanish,” Yongsun said almost too innocently. Jin let go of his hold on Yongsun’s hand before scratching his head in frustration.

 

“Noona, a hot girl refused us. Can you believe it? She literally said no to all of us when we tried to take her order,” Taehyung rambled cutely while his best friend, Yoongi nodded beside him. I laughed when I finally knew what their actual, let me quote this, ‘problem’ was. A girl refused them and that is why they’re having a mini meeting slash banter.

 

“She refused to give you her order. Then why don’t you just kick her out of here? I mean why would she sit here if she refused to order, right?” Yongsun replied, earning another round of groans from the guy surrounding her.

 

“You don’t get it, noona. That was the root of our problem, but that is not the real problem,” Jimin said while pinching the bridge of his nose and shook his head for a few times. Yongsun raised her brows in confusion when she heard it.

 

“So, what is the real problem?” Yongsun asked hesitantly.

 

“You!” they all shouted, causing Yongsun to slightly jump out of shock.

 

“Sorry, noona,” hoseok said when he noticed how shocked Yongsun had been because of them.

 

“What do you mean I’m the problem?”

 

“Noona, the girl refused all of us. But she clearly told us that she won’t take order from anyone else but you. I mean, why you? We are all offering ourselves to her, but why don’t she want us, noona? Why must it be you? Now I’m seriously going to cry my blood, sweat and tears out,” Jungkook, the youngest one out of them rambled frustratingly while casting an accusing look toward Yongsun.

 

“Me?” Yongsun asked while pointing at herself. The guys nodded and later on frowned in disappointment. Yongsun glanced around to see the girl that they were talking about and pouted when she found none. There are only a few girls sitting inside the cafes, but none of them were hot enough for the guys to be reacting that way. Plus most of them were either high school or college students and they are surely casting dreamy looks toward the guys, so there would be no way for them to reject these hot guys around her. Then she saw a girl, sitting at the far end of the restaurant but she can’t see her face because the girl was back facing her.

 

“Is she the one that we are talking about? The blue haired girl,” Yongsun asked further while pointing at the said girl. The guys said nothing but nodded their head in confirmation. She sighed when a thought crossed her mind. What did she ever do to be stuck with these twin-like guys?

 

“She is. Now go and take her order, she has been waiting for you long enough,” Namjoon, the guy who actually owned the café said while slightly pushing her towards the table that the ‘hot’ girl was sitting at. Yongsun turned around and took his hand inside her and brought it up to her chin before staring at him with her puppy eyes.

 

“I’m not in the mood to take any order, so can you go instead? I’ll just stay behind the counter,” Yongsun plead. Namjoon drew out a heavy breath and tugged his hand away from Yongsun’s hold.

 

“No, she wanted a certain girl called Kim Yongsun to serve her. Plus, we won’t be standing there bantering if she agreed to give her order to us. Now go or I’m cutting a few bucks from your salary if we lose this customer,” Namjoon replied.

 

“Meany!” Yongsun said while showing Namjoon his tongue before turning around and walked to the girl sitting at the far end.

 

“Excuse me,” Yongsun said when she was a step away from the blue haired girl. The girl stopped playing on her phone and Yongsun gasped when she lifted her head up and stared at Yongsun.

 

“Moon … Byul-ah,” Yongsun stuttered nervously. The other girl curved a small smile before she stood up and circled her arms loosely around Yongsun’s shoulder. Yongsun’s face contorted in shame when she heard the guy’s loud shrieked from the background and Moonbyul’s light chuckle.

 

“It’s been so long, Yongsun-ah,” Moonbyul said once she broke the hug. Yongsun stiffened when she was met with the pair of eyes that she had missed for so long. Yongsun’s breath hitched in shock when Moonbyul had pushed her down to sit from the seat across from hers.

 

“You won’t even say hi to me?” Moonbyul had asked while staring into Yongsun’s brown orbs. She chuckled when Yongsun lifted her hand up awkwardly and muttered a low ‘hi’.

 

“I see … you’ve been using the name that we kept for our daughter. Care to explain why?” Moonbyul teased, trying to ease up the tense air around them. Yongsun’s gaze changed as she heard Moonbyul’s teasing. Gone was the awkward glint in her eyes, it was soon replaced by curiosity and some hint of … anger?

 

“How do you know about this place?” Yongsun asked. Her voice was hard, harder that what Byul had ever heard.  There was also slight strain in her voice, as if seeing Moonbyul had angered her so much.

 

“Wheein,” Moonbyul simply replied.

 

“And how did Wheein know about this place? I never told her,”

 

“Hyejin can’t really hide anything from her y girlfriend, isn’t she?” Byul chuckled and leant her back on the back rest of her seat. She then crossed her left foot above her right one before crossing her arms over her chest. Yongsun glance around the café before she locked her gaze with Moonbyul.

 

“Oh!” Yongsun said as she looked down at her own thumbs. It was not a second later that her brows knitted and she lifted her gaze back to Moonbyul, “You think Hyejin is y?”

 

Moonbyul laughed hard at this before she answered to Yongsun with another question, “Why? Jealous?”

 

“No!” Yongsun’s reply came almost too quickly, shocking even herself. Her embarrassment shot up to another level when she heard Moonbyul’s laughs turned harder than before.

 

“I can’t be jealous over a fact. Right?” she mumbled to herself. Clenching her teeth, she was more determined than ever to make Byul stop laughing.

 

“Why did you want to see me? Why now and not earlier?” Byul stopped laughing and uncrossed her arms and her legs before she leant closer to the table. She then tried to grab Yongsun’s hand that was resting on the table, only to have Yongsun pulling her hand away. Sighing, Moonbyul then clasped her fingers together on the table.

 

“Yongsun-ah,” Moonbyul called softly. Yongsun raised her brows up, but said nothing, making Byul sigh for the nth times.

 

“Admit it, now is the perfect time,” Byul was about to state her reason when Yongsun cut her off.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“If I came any sooner, then you’ll push me away saying that everything is too soon. But if I came any later than now, you’ll push me away too and you’ll be telling me that I come a tad too late. So I think, now is the perfect time for me to come and fix everything between us,” Yongsun faked a laugh before she stopped.

 

“That was the most foolish excuse that I’ve ever heard in my entire life,” Yongsun mocked. Moonbyul sat up straight and bit her own lower lips. She ran her hand over her face once before she drew out a shaky breath.

 

“I know. But I can’t help it, or can I?” Byul replied dejectedly. Gathering up all of her courage, she then added, “I know it was a stupid excuse, but I just can’t help it.  I turned into a stupid since that day that I had your arms wrapped around me and I turned into an idiot since that time that I realized how hard I fell for you. But most of all, I turned into a fool since that moment that you stepped out of the mansion,” Yongsun was rendered speechless for a few seconds. Byul took the chance to let out everything that she had kept for so long.

 

“You asked me why I came and my answer is that I wanted to tell you that, whatever I said before I kicked you out of the mansion was a mistake. A big one at that,” Yongsun’s eyes turned wide as she heard what Byul had to say. The word ‘mistake’ was ringing over and over again inside her head. Her heart grew heavier with each second that passed and her tears were threatening to fall.

 

“Th … that ... confession. Was it,” Yongsun stuttered before Moonbyul rudely interrupt.

 

“That confession, it was the biggest mistake that I made that day,” feeling hurt over Byul’s answer, Yongsun shot up from her seat and was about to walk away when Moonbyul grabbed her wrist.

 

“Give me a chance to correct the mistakes. Please take a seat,” Byul said as she looked up at Yongsun from her seat. Refusing to meet Byul’s eyes, Yongsun tried to pry her hand away from Byul’s hold.

 

But something she had never expected to happen happened and it had seriously caught her off guard. Byul had tugged on her hand with almost too much strength, causing her to lose her balance and fell on Moonbyul’s lap. Startled, Yongsun then turned her head to right, only to be met with Moonbyul’s teasing stare and smiles.

 

“Do you know what makes the perfect shade of purple?” Moonbyul suddenly asked while circling her arms around Yongsun’s waist. Yongsun looked at her weirdly and blushed when she heard the hushed whisper by the people sitting around her.

 

“Of course it’s pink and blue. Why do you ask such a dumb question?” Yongsun answered. She blushed harder when Moonbyul tightened the hold on her waist.

 

“Good. Now, do you know what make the perfect kind of love?” Moonbyul asked, her tone and gaze are now softer than before.

 

“Trust?” Yongsun answered and Moonbyul shook her head telling Yongsun that she was wrong.

 

“Affection?” Yongsun tried again and earned the same reaction from Byul.

 

“Ah, I know!” she beamed excitedly and Byul raised her brows, asking her to carry on and tell her answer.

 

“What about never ending loyalty and care?” she answered and huffed angrily when Byul shook her head yet again. Seeing Yongsun’s annoyed expression, Byul smiled softly while bringing her hand up and ran her finger through Yongsun’s pink hair.

 

“You are trying too hard, princess,” Byul said and stopped running her fingers through Yongsun hair. She then went on to cup Yongsun’s cheek. “The answer was simply me and you. We only need each other to make our love perfect,”

 

“Aack!” Yongsun yelped in embarrassment before her hand circled around Moonbyul’s shoulder and she hid her face on Moonbyul’s shoulder. She slapped Byul’s shoulder out of embarrassment and instantly regretted it when she heard Moonbyul hissed in pain.

 

“You said your confession a year ago was the biggest mistake that you made, why?” Yongsun asked from Moonbyul’s shoulder. Both of Moonbyul’s hands shot up and pried Yongsun’s hand away. She then slightly pushed Yongsun back so that she’d have enough distance to stare into Yongsun brown orbs.

 

“It was a mistake, a very big one. Everything about my confession was a lie that I hadn’t realized I was sprouting,” Byul started, “I … I had told you that I’m not falling for you, when in fact I am. I fell for you before, from the moment when I heard that laughter of yours and I’m still falling for you now. Then I told you that, I’m not in love with you, when in fact I am. I was long in love with you, ever since that moment when I had you in my arms. Lastly, I told you that I won’t make you mine, unless you have the same thought in mind. But I lied about that too. I’ll still make you mine, even if you don’t have the same thought in mind. I’ll try as hard as I could, I’ll go above and beyond … I’ll do anything, as long as I can make you mine,”

 

“Byul-ah,” Yongsun uttered, being deeply touched by Moonbyul’s confession and not to mention that Moonbyul sincere but soft gaze was slightly overwhelming her.

 

“I definitely want you in my future Yongsun-ah. I’ll be happy even if you’re only there as my friend, but I’ll be happier if you’re there as my wife.  I’ll be grateful if you’re there as one of my kids’ playmate, but I’ll be even more grateful if you’re there as the mother of my kids. I’m okay if you decided to say ‘no’ now, but I swear I’ll love you forever if you chose to say ‘yes’ instead,” Yongsun brow knitted in confusion when Moonbyul took her phone out of her pocket, turning on front camera and snapped a picture of them.

 

“What are you doing?” Yongsun asked. Moonbyul smiled and showed the picture that she just took to Yongsun.

 

“See, we made a perfect picture and not to mention the perfect shades of purple,” Moonbyul had said the last few words while pointing at Yongsun’s pink hair and her own blue hair.

 

“So, what that got to do with everything?”

 

“Do you want to be there in my future and make a thousand more of perfect pictures? Yes … or no?” Yongsun lips turned upside down forming a frown before she lightly pushed Moonbyul’s shoulder and stood up from her laps.

 

Looking down, she then stated, “You forgot the ring,”

 

“So?” Byul asked almost too nonchalantly in Yongsun’s ear. 

 

“I remember telling you to be more romantic,” Moonbyul then smirked.

 

“And I remember telling you that I’ll only be one if you agree to have kids with me, which reminded me of something,” Moonbyul paused and casted a judging looks toward Yongsun, “Yah Kim Yongsun! Why are you using the name that we kept for our daughter?”

 

“I never agree to that name,” Yongsun replied simply and turned her back to walk away from Moonbyul.

 

“Yah Kim Yongsun! Tell me first, yes or no?” Moonbyul shouted making Yongsun to blush in embarrassment.

 

“Ask me again when you have a ring with you,” she shouted back without looking at Moonbyul.  She walked past the guys and went straight through the blue door which led her straight to the kitchen where she then giggled like a mad woman.

 

Thank you for reading. And as usual, don’t forget to subscribe (if you haven’t did so) , votes and drop some comment, thank you.

p.s : have you watched yongsun’s latest vlive? She dropped a cover of justin bieber’s love yourself and she also sang a duet  (?) with Moonbyul for the song worthlees/love & hate. Plus, she also talked about her recent date with Moonbyul.

a/n : I’m now back to using Moon Byulyi instead of Moon Byul E, because it felt really awkward when I typed out Moon Byul E. XD