Chapter 6

You, Who Saved Me From Myself

Kim Yongsun’s POV

 

We halt our step when we reached the one and only room in this floor. I glanced to my left and Hyejin gave me a nod with her head, telling me to knock on the door like we usually did. I curled my right hand up to form a fist and raised it up. My knuckles were just a few inches away from the wooden door when panic washed over me, killing my calm façade and causing my hand to drop back to my side. I drew out a sigh and clenched the hem of my short tightly.

 

“Unnie, why? What’s wrong?” Hyejin asked as she saw what had just happened. I ignored her, fluttered my eyes shut and leant my head on the door to calm my nerves and bring my courage back. I mumbled some incoherent words underneath my breath to cheer myself up, which Hyejin mistook it as a prayer.

 

“Yongsun unnie, are you seriously praying right now? Because you know … praying in front of my pink is definitely much better than praying in front of this piece of wood,” I chuckled because of what Hyejin said, snapped my eyes open and turn my head slightly to look at Hyejin.

 

“Yah, Ahn Hyejin,”

 

“What? I’m just joking … to calm your nerves, unnie,” she retorted in her usual sassy tone and fatal expression, causing me to scoff. I shifted my position when I felt slight strain on my neck. Now, instead of my head, my back was the one leaning on the door as I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

 

“I’m just … after what I saw and what I was told yesterday … I’m just scared, Hyejin-ah,” I confessed, gaze lingered on my own two feet as I drew out a shaky breath.

 

FLASHBACK

 

Hyejin and I were just sitting on the sofa in the living room while making our own deduction of what just happened when we heard the sound of footsteps. As we turned our head, we saw a cute lady, wearing a fancy looking grey suit was walking down the stairs. Her shirt was neatly tucked and her hair was neatly tied into a low ponytail, creating a professional yet intimidating aura around her, even though she was smiling with her dimple clearly shown.

 

“Kuku-ssi,” Hyejin and I said simultaneously while standing up when she came near us. She smiled wider and make an obvious hand gesture, telling us to sit down.

 

“Wheein, Jung Wheein. Stop calling me Kuku,” she said as she ed her blazer and took a seat. She then pulled her hair band off of her hair, causing her hair to flow naturally. I smiled when I noticed an awe expression plastering on Hyejin’s face. I guess someone is smitten.

 

Wheein-ssi cleared as she fixed her gaze Hyejin. She then curved a teasing smirk as her eyes was glinting with mischief before she added, “So, Ahn Hyejin-ssi … you now know what name to give if you ever end up getting arrested … right?”

 

I chuckled when Hyejin’s eyes widened in shocked and her lips were wide agape. Ahn Hyejin was losing words, she was speechless, much to my own amusement. How I wish I can make Ahn Hyejin to turn speechless too.

 

“What? Will … will I” Hyejin stuttered. Ahn Hyejin, stuttered? I really should write this in my diary, if I ever have one. Or maybe I should mark this day on my calendar and have my own celebration on this date, every year?

 

“Do you want to? Wheein-ssi asked, causing Hyejin’s eyes to turn wider. She was clenching and unclenching her own hand, showing how nervous she was. Today is really a special day. Hyejin being speechless, Hyejin stuttering and finally nervous Hyejin, are all coming out today. Huh, what a rare day indeed.

 

“N … no! Of course I don’t,” Hyejin shrieked, causing Wheein-ssi to let out a big laugh. I have to admit that Wheein-ssi’s laugh is really addicting, I even think of asking her to record her laugh so that I can save it in my own playlist and listen to it over and over again. It was a few minutes later that Wheein-ssi stopped laughing. She pat her stomach and complained about how hurt it was because of all the laughing before she brought her hand up to wipe her tears.

 

“Then you won’t, I promise,” she said as her voice turned hoarse after laughing so hard. She then added, “I believe that it’s Byul unnie’s lunch that was all over the floor upstairs. So, Ahn Hyejin-ssi, can you please bring her a new set of lunch and clean her room too, while you’re there,”

 

“B … but, what about Yongsun unnie? Can she come with me?” Hyejin whined. How is this possible? I finally see a lion losing its fang, in front of a puppy.

 

“Nope, you’re going alone. I have something to talk about with Yongsun-ssi here. Don’t worry, she’s not in her room … if that’s what you’re scared about,” she said firmly, causing Hyejin to sigh in despair, she then stood up reluctantly and was about to walk away when she turn to look at Wheein-ssi.

 

“Wheein-ssi, let’s be friend. I’m falling for you,” she said casually and walked away after. I then noticed a faint blush on Wheein-ssi cheeks. Now I know why the lion is losing its fang, it’s because the puppy is too cute. I then chuckled unconsciously, grabbing Wheein-ssi attention.

 

“Kim Yongsun-ssi,” she called my name and I automatically sat up right, with my back straight and smiles completely vanished from my face.

 

“Before we talk, do you have any question to ask me?” she said and I only nodded my head as an answer. She then crossed her legs and leant her back on the backrest before she raised one of her brow, telling me to go ahead and ask.

 

“First, please just call me unnie or Yongsun unnie. I’m not comfortable with that much of a formality,” I said as I fixed my gaze on her and she smiled. I took a deep breath before I added, “So my question are … who the girl on the third floor is and what happened to her? Also, what is your connection with her? Why are you trying so hard to help her or as you said, to save the moon from its own darkness?”

 

Wheein-ssi sat up straight and uncrossed her legs. She then place both of her elbows on her knees as she clasped her hand together.

 

“Are you in for a long chat?” she asked and again, I nodded.

 

“Her name is Moon Byulyi. Ring a bell?” she sigh when I shook my head left and right.

 

“Moon Byulyi, co-founder of the SkyMoon Café. Now I believe you know that name,” she said and casted a hopeful look at me.

 

“That insanely popular café? I’ve heard about it before. And I’ve heard about the founder’s name, but no the co-founder. I think the founder’s name is Jung Hana … Jung Hani … or something like that,” I replied.

 

“Jung Haneul, but me and Byul unnie called her Sky.” she paused when I gasped.

 

“Is … is she … your …,” I was the cut off by Wheein-ssi.

 

“Yes, she’s my one and only sister. We met Byul unnie few years ago, during her parent’s funeral. It was brief, but it certainly left an impact on all of us. We then met again, coincidentally, when my sister and I were randomly strolling around the city,” Wheein-ssi stopped and unclasped her hands. She then brought her knees up to her chest before hugging it closer. All these time, I just wait patiently for her to continue her story.

 

“So, we have a chat over coffees and that is how the idea to open the SkyMoon café came to us, ‘Moon’ for Moon Byulyi and ‘Sky’ for Jung Haneul. At first, we never really think that it’d be this big. At that time we think, as long as it can bring food to our table, then it’s enough. Few months of working together and spending most of our time together, unconsciously feelings grew. Byul unnie and Haneul unnie soon became an item while the poor Wheein …” she paused again.

 

She placed her right cheek on her knees and lifted her gaze up into my orbs as she continue, “Well the moon … always belong to the sky, right? So, the puppy can only admire it from afar and sometimes hide in the shadow when the shine is too blinding. Poor puppy, isn’t it?”

 

I sat there awkwardly, not knowing what reaction to give or what word to utter. I found myself playing with my thumbs as I ask, “Do you … do you still?” I left my question there, not knowing how to continue.

 

“No. I moved on since way back. When I realised that the moon is too high up in the sky for a mere puppy to reach,”

 

“So … what happened for the moon to lose its shine?”

 

“I … because she lose her sky and she think that, she’s the cause for it. She also think that she’s no more than an unwanted piece of trash, with no place to call her own when her sky is gone. She’s a fool isn’t she?” she said before chuckling. Her gaze seems so distance and her chuckling, even her smile seems so sad and lonely. She then pulled her gaze back to me before added, “So … Yongsun unnie, can you be the sun and save the moon from its own darkness? Can you please … help this puppy?”

 

END FLASHBACK

 

“Unnie, we really should go in now,” Hyejin said, waking me up from my trance. I stood up straight and fixed my clothes before knocking on the door twice. As we stepped inside, we saw that Moonbyul was sitting on the high stool while staring at her drawing.

 

I was about to walk to her when I saw a crumpled paper near her bed. I turned my heels and walked toward the bed. I picked up the crumpled paper and open it, only to see her handwriting on it.

 

I hope someone will come,

Not to sweep me off of my feet,

But to give me a shoulder to lean.

 

I hope someone will come,

Not to sweep me off of my feet,

But to ask how my day went.

 

I hope someone will come,

Not to sweep me off of my feet,

But to offer me a hand.

 

I hope someone will come,

Not to sweep me off of my feet,

But to stay with me till the end.

-Moon Byulyi-

 

I gasped when I read it. She then turned her head, meeting my gaze. Her gaze hardened and anger swam in her eyes when she saw what I was holding.

 

“Leave … I don’t need you here! Bring that piece of paper along with you,” she said with a cold, hard tone, sending shiver up to my spine.

 

“Un … Unnie,” I heard Hyejin from behind me. I drew out a shaky breath, eyes challenging her hard gaze with my soft one.

 

“Leave us alone, Hyejin-ah,” I said, gaze still fixed on Moonbyul.

 

“B … but,” Hyejin hesitated.

“Just leave, Ahn Hyejin!” I said firmly and I heard the door clicked shut few seconds after. Moonbyul stepped closer to me, eyes turning harder with every steps that she took.

 

“Yongsun-ssi,” she called my name for the first time.

 

“Solar,” I mumbled.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Call me Solar. Sunny is too common and Taeyang is too predictable, so call me solar. I’m going to be your sun, your solar, Moon Byulyi-ssi. And I promise a certain puppy that I’m going to save her moon from its own darkness. So that is exactly what I’m going to do,” I said, trying to sound confident although my insides were all shaking with fear.

 

“You’re wasting my time with all your nonsense . Just leave me alone, will you?” she replied and turned her heels. She was just taking her first step when I stopped her.

 

“Moon Byulyi-ssi … which one should I listen to? Your lips that is pleading me to leave or your eyes that is begging me to stay?”

 

“Just leave … Kim. Yong. Sun.”

 

“Then I’ll stay,” I said and she turned her body back to me. Her jaw was tight and I immediately knew that she was gritting her teeth. I was, of course, intimidated by her. But, I don’t know what happened to me, I kept on seeing her as a y human being even with her hard gaze.

 

“Why … are you staying? When I clearly told you to leave,”

 

“Because …” I paused and took a step forward, standing closer to her and smelling her cologne. I lifted my head up to stare into her orbs before adding, “I hear hesitation in your voice, but I saw desperation in your eyes. Say no or but, and I promise you … I’ll kiss you right here, right now,”

 

“But,” she said and I sealed her lips with mine. My initial plan was just to give her a peck, but the moment my lips touched hers … my mind went blank and I kept wanting for more. She froze, and I was about to pull my lips off of her when both of her hand came up around my nape, pulling me closer. She my lower lips before I opened it and she slipped her tongue in and ran her tongue wild in my mouth, making me moan out of delight. I was running out of breath, so I pat on her shoulder for a few times. She curled her fingers at the side of my waist before she broke the kiss off.

 

We were both panting, trying to catch our breath when I speak, “Told you, I’m going to kiss you if you ever say but or no,”

 

She chuckled and leant her forehead on mine as she asked, “Do you want to know the truth?”

 

I nodded.

 

“Then … stay,”

 

Please subscribe/comment/vote … Thank you!! ~_~

A.n. I never thought this day will come … when I wrote about a kiss (though not so detail).LOL. And ... what do you think about the short poem? It’s mine…XD

P.s. Do you think the pace, between Moonbyul and Yongsun is going too fast?

Extra: I rewatched mamamoo idol party yesterday and guess what? i still laugh at ther jokes and i still cringe during Moonbyul's self-introduction. ^.^