Chapter 4

You, Who Saved Me From Myself

Kim Yongsun’s POV

 

“Unnie, back there … what happened?” Hyejin asked me as soon as we stepped out of the room and the door clicked shut. I unconsciously flustered for a second before I drew out a sigh.

 

“I don’t know, Hyejin-ah. But having her in my arms felt so fuc,” I stopped when I realised that I’m about to curse and gave a light slap on my mouth before continuing, “it felt so amazing that I never want to let her go,” I walked away after saying that, leaving a stunned and speechless Hyejin alone in the quiet hallway.

 

 

Ahn Hyejin’s POV

 

I stared harder at the drawing on the wall, trying to spot every single detail that was on the drawing. My curiosity and my detective side was definitely triggered after what I noticed earlier in the room.

 

“Hyejin-ah, why are you staring so hard at the drawing?” I heard Yongsun unnie asked me from behind and when I turned around, I saw that she was standing near a table with a cup of milk on her left hand and a piece of bitten toast on her right.

 

“Yongsun unnie, can you come here and check this drawing out?” I said and tilted my head towards the drawing. Yongsun unnie sighed out loud, took the last bite of her toast and placed her cup of milk on the table near where she’s standing before walking to me.

 

“Why are you asking me to stare at this creepy drawing on our precious break time, Hyejin-ah,”

 

“Just look at it, unnie. Look closely and tell me what you saw,” I replied as I stared at her side profile. Her mochi cheeks still looks as squishy as ever and she was biting her nails as she study the drawing.

 

Over a minute passed, yet she’s still staring at the drawing with her usual blank look. This unnie is really pushing my patience to its limit.

 

“What do you see, unnie?” I finally decided to ask.

 

“Err … I saw a beautiful drawing of a girl and her face was painted with a dark shade of red, almost the same shade as blood,” she replied and shuddered right after. Sigh. This unnie … she just have to state the obvious.

 

“Anything else?” I asked, but she just stared at me innocently while light shaking her head to left and right. Sigh again. This unnie, she’s pretty and cute, I got to admit. But she can be quite a fool sometimes. Luckily, she have the forever y Ahn Sherlock by her side.

 

“Unnie, listen. All these drawing have few more common traits other than the red paint,” I said and stopped to study her face. I face palmed when I saw that she’s still staring at me with her innocent and blank look. So I released a sigh of despair and turned to face the drawing on the wall before telling her the piece of puzzles that I’ve gathered.

 

“Let’s start with the few obvious points. As you can see, it is always drawings of the same girl. She is always so carefully drew. Why? Simply because the painter is trying to distract us from the pieces of puzzle in the drawing,”

 

“Huh? What do you mean, Hyejin-ah?”

 

“Unnie, what I’m about to say is quite long and complicated, so you better pay your full attention to what I’m saying. And please, don’t let your eyes off of the drawing, unnie,” I said and she nodded. I took a deep breath and fixed my gaze on the drawing.

 

“This drawing and any other drawings in this creepy mansion, they’re always left the way it is. The painter never bother to paint any of it, except on the girl’s face. Why? I don’t know. Then there’s always the word ‘sky’ scribbled sloppily at the bottom corner of the canvas, which I’m still trying to figure what it meant. Now, if we look closer, we’ll see the important piece of puzzle that the painter is trying to conceal. There is actually a faint and sloppy drawing of another girl, standing at side in distance, staring right ahead with a smile on her lips. I soon learnt that she is the said painter of this drawing. But unnie, can you recognise her? The painter,” I explained as much as I could and I sincerely pray that Yongsun unnie got what I’m trying to tell her. I mean, it would be a waste of my saliva if she doesn’t.

 

She took a step closer to the drawing as she squinted her eyes at it before she gasped out loud. I smiled, because she finally saw what I saw. She turned her head toward me and pointed her finger towards the drawing. She then said with a shaky voice, “Hyejin-ah, sh … she is … the girl in the 3rd floor,”

 

I nodded and her eyes turned wide. Her hands naturally came up to cover her agape mouth. I was about to say something more when our phone vibrated, reminding us that its now time to cook lunch.

 

We stepped into the room with the lunch tray in Yongsun unnie’s hand, not expecting to see ‘her’ in the room, like any other day before. But as soon as we stepped inside, we saw ‘her’, sitting on the high stool with a paint brush in her right hand as she was lightly it on the canvas. I patted Yongsun unnie on her shoulder and pointed my finger toward the oblivious girl before I walked to her, despite Yongsun unnie’s attempt to stop me.

 

“You should be on your bed, resting,”

 

She lightly shook her head before replying, “Tempting … but, this girl here won’t leave my mind,”

 

I stopped walking and stood right by her left side. I gathered up all of my courage and calmed my nerves before saying, “it is a nice drawing and the girl … she’s really pretty,”

 

She smiled, but said nothing. The silence between us is dragging and the awkward air is getting thicker when she finally stopped the brush on the canvas. She then placed it on the small table next to her and wiped her palm before crossing her arms in front of her chest.

 

“She was. No … she is beautiful,” she said and curved a smile after. Her eyes was glinting with love, as if she really is looking at the said person.

 

“Then … why are you painting her face with red?” I asked. She sneaked a noticeable glance at me as she uncrossed her arms. She then ran her pointing finger on the not yet dried paint, still with the loving smile on her lips.

 

“Because … red looks so perfect on her and her skin always glow brighter when she’s wearing red. Plus, red … defined her the best,”

 

“But, the shade of red you used … it looks like real blood though,” I said and that was when she stopped running her finger on the canvas. Her forehead creased as she turned her head and stared directly into my orbs.

 

She then let out a dry and humourless laugh before she said, “blood … it was everywhere. On the floor, under my shoes and even on my hand,” she then looked at her hand before continuing, “but … it looks the prettiest on her face,”

 

She lifted her gaze back up and once again, she stared right into my orbs.  I tried to tear my gaze away from hers, but with the ways she’s staring at me … it was like a black hole, me right in.

 

“I … we … need to go down now,”

 

I heaved a relief sigh when I heard Yongsun unnie’s voice behind me and I made a mental note to thank Yongsun unnie later, also to apologize for taking her as a fool. I tore my gaze away from the girl and turned my body to walk away. I was about to take my first step when she speak with her cold and emotionless tone.

 

“Stay,” she said and I froze.

 

“But … we really,” Yongsun unnie was about to reason out when ‘the girl’ rudely cut her off. She had her hand curled into a tight fist as she slammed it on the table next to her, causing a loud sound to echo all over the room. My shoulders flinched and when I look at Yongsun unnie … she looks like she’s about to pee in her pants if we don’t get out of this room soon.

 

“I said …” she paused and glared at me before continuing, “stay,”

 

*laugh* … Please subscribe, vote and comment. Thank you so, very and incredibly much!

And … what do you think happened to the girl in the drawing and the painter herself? hehe

 

Ps. I don’t think I can go MIA. Not when this fic kept on bugging my mind and pleading for my attention. So, the next time I say that I’m going into MIA mode … please don’t believe me. LOL

 

a/n : I don’t know where this story is going and I don’t know how many chapters it’s going to be ... yet. But please, don’t lose hope on it and please pray for me (so that I won’t give up halfway) … once again, thank you.