Chapter 2

The Kind of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday to Jessica,

Happy birthday to you.

 

Singing a birthday song, receiving lots of presents, cards and wishes, and somehow like compulsory things to do in any birthday party, Jessica blows the candle after making the wishes and finally to be greeted by cheering crowds and the sounds of hands clapping reverberated through the apartment.

“Happy birthday honey”

Jessica smiles as she received a warm hug by no others than her now fiancé.

“Thank you for the party Yuri. I was not expecting all of these at all!” The now brunette who was once a blonde before flails her hands around her to admire the beautiful decorations all around her apartment. The brunette has always spent her time in her office as she is so busy with her new project that needs to be present in another 2 weeks.

“You like it?” Yuri smiles really bright as all the guests has made their way to enjoy themselves at the party that she has planned and prepared specially for her beloved fiancé.

“I love it honey” Jessica proves her words by giving a peck on Yuri’s lips and the simple kiss is enough to make their hearts blossoming with warm, love and happiness.

“Hey hey save all those disgusting romantic moment for later! It doesn’t suit the party. Come on birthday girl. Let’s dance and enjoy the night!” Said one of their bestfriend through the microphone, which is the DJ tonight as Yuri asked for his help to make this club-theme party happen successfully. She really wants Jessica to release all of the stress from her work tonight and gratefully the party went well as everybody were smiling and laughing and dancing like there’s no tomorrow as they enjoyed the party.

 

--

 

Nothing much has changed over the past 5 years and tonight the brunette has just turned 29. It is a daily routine for Jessica now to always spend her morning by waking up early to go to work even on weekend and spending her night by sitting on the chair in front of the computer table after taking a shower just to check if she ever gets a reply from a certain somebody. It has been 5 years already she did all of these compulsory routine and Jessica never gives up when all she gets is nothing just like the other countless nights before.

Sighing for about nth time already, she sits up straight and jiggling her fingers as she tries to think on what to type tonight to send another e-mail and to add another new list to the send folder which is now having thousands e-mails in there and all of them were to the same person.

 

Dear Tiffany,

Hey! You forgot my birthday again! It’s been fifth time already. Did you already have a new bestfriend who is far better than me until you forgot everything about me? I still can’t find anyone who is better than you.

Nothing much has happened today. Like usual, work, work and work. Another 2 weeks till my presentation day and then I swear I’m going to repaid all my sleep debts. Tonight, Yuri has prepared a surprise birthday party for me and she even has invited all of our friends that I missed so much and I’m glad that finally I were able to spend time together tonight with them after for so long I spend my time by working and too bad you were not there.

Where are you now Tiff? Are you doing well? Are you happy? Are you hurt? Did anyone take care of you when you are sick? I miss you. I really miss you. I’ve never stop hoping for you to return or at least replying one of my countless emails. I always imagine you would show up everytime I opened the door.

Please come back soon Tiff. I will always wait for you. Please take care and never forget to eat and have enough sleep. I’ll see you again tomorrow night. Good night my source of happiness.

 

With love,

Jessica.

 

5 years ago was when Jessica woke up in Tiffany’s bed and found out that she was left alone. That was when she called the girl for so many times while her eyes wandering around to look for her but only the silence welcoming and answering her.

 

“Tiff?” That is the first word that Jessica muttered once she woke up from a deep sleep.

“Tiffany?” She called again when nobody answers her and she doesn’t know why but the silence is so loud right now. Getting up from the bed, she went out from the room but she found nothing. She heard nothing and decided to check on the latter’s car but it was not there. That was when she became panic and ran back to Tiffany’s room to quickly open the wardrobe and her suspicion was right.

Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter