Chapter 13

The Kind of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tiffany..” A certain girl carefully asked the girl who absentmindedly look out of the window while crossing her arms.

“Stephanie Young Hwang, an American-Korean, 30, graduated from Korea Kent Foreign School and had worked at Polaris Building, you don’t remember her?” She repeats.

“Is she that important until I have to remember every single detail about her?”

The girl who asked in the first place didn’t answer as she turns to look at another girl in the room, who sitting beside her then hesitantly nodding her head at her until the back facing girl make a sudden request that make their eyes wide open.

“I want to go home”

“B-but you still haven’t fully recovered from your accident” Said one of them as she still recovering from shock of the latter’s sudden request.

She faced the window again. “The doctor allowed me to travel. After all, I missed my family, I missed Krystal. They must have been deadly worried about me.”

The two once again locked eyes as they are about to make a hesitant step that might change everything that they have been cautiously planned 3 months ago.

“I’ll book the ticket”

“Really?!” She squealed in excitement after turning around and see the two of them nodding their head before looking at each other right after the latter launches her body to pull them into her embrace.

“Oh thank you!”

They say take risks. If you win, you will be happy and if you lose, you will be wise but not for them. They are not going this far to end up being a loser in their own game. They are at the lead. They know what they are doing and they are so good at it. It seemed to be their forte.

 

**

 

3 months and during those passed long time has almost changed the life and hope of the people that were patiently waiting for Jessica – the parents, her one and only younger sister and none other than the one who started to accept the fact that her bestfriend has gone, Tiffany.

It’s not easy. It’s not an easy decision to make, but life must go on. She never forgets about the brunette. Not even once she forgets about the girl and promised to forever keep her in the memory but there are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn and people we can’t live without but have to let go.

For 3 months she has not seen her wife again after everything happened and Taeyeon never shown up again afterall and she never care to know anyway. Searching for Taeyeon has never crossed her mind at all. It’s only a waste of her time. It’s undeniably peaceful that help her to start over with a fresh start with the help of Krystal who always been there for her to cheer her up and hold her hand when she is down.

‘Maybe it’s not always about trying to fix something broken. Maybe it’s about starting over’

..is what Krystal has once said to her when she still grieving in that empty and lone dark apartment she once lived with Jessica but now the brunette’s room has been Krystal’s room when the girl decided to move in to not let the dark haired girl living alone. As time goes by, they grew closer to the point they feel comfortable around each other presence. It was the youngest who initiate the skinship first from holding hand and later to place kisses on cheek and forehead. It startled Tiffany at first but as time passes, she only smiles at it. Probably, she starting to like the skinship between them and sometimes it reminds her of Jessica.

Krystal always keeps her promised to her sister and never once she breaks it. She refused to accept everything at first when people around her never give up trying to stop her from looking for her sister and tried making her believed that Jessica has gone but it’s been 3 months. Time won’t make you forget, but it will make you grow and understand things. She’s got to let go for the sake of her family and for herself.

What Tiffany and Krystal have in common is one thing and that is faith. They had tried their very best in trying to find the answer but the more time passes they tend to learn that when you have done everything you can do, that’s when God will step in and do what you can’t do. Faith is all about having the courage to let God have control.

 

**

 

“Good morning beauty”

The eye smiled girl look up from setting the plate on the table for their breakfast. “Good morning cheesy. You are late Krys, your class will start in an hour”

The younger laughs at her nagging housemate. “I know, I slept late last night” She took a mouthful of cereal after pouring the milk into the bowl and Tiffany pulls the chair before sitting down to join her.

“Assignments?” Krystal nods. “Wish I can help you with that”

“You did.”

“Did I?”

She hums. “Watching you sleep helps a lot” The younger laughs when Tiffany throws a piece of cornflake at her.

“Stop that” That’s what she always said when Krystal showers her with sweet words but she never really wants her to stop and the youngest seems to know that.

“Alright alright.” Krystal gets up and carries her bag pack on her shoulder while still laughing. “Get to go now or I’ll miss the class. Take care and drive safe okay beauty?”

Tiffany nods and Krystal didn’t forget to place a kiss on Tiffany’s temple and the latter smiles warmly in return. “I will and drive safely too. Don’t forget to take your lunch!” She shakes her head while smiling as Krystal just nodding her head, munching a piece of toast bread while waving her hand.

After a moment of silence when the younger left, all that can be heard in the dining room is just a sound of clock ticking and a small smile crept on the dark haired girl face when she remembers about how cheesy Krystal can be just like her sister. The two sisters are so different yet so similar and to not let herself get drown with the thought of Jessica, Tiffany shakes her head and immediately finish her breakfast to get ready to work.

 

**

 

Tiffany is no longer working at the company where she once works in the same place together with Jessica. She has really started a new life and now has her own coffee shop with 8 workers after selling her precious white BMW that she once work hard to earn money. It’s a hard decision to make as that is the only way for her to get money but after too many thought, she finally makes a decision with Krystal support to fulfill her dream which is to open a cafe and she never regrets it.

 “One hot latte ready”

“Thank you” Said one of the customers when Tiffany placed a cup of hot latte on their table with her brightest smile.

“You are welcome and enjoy your coffee”

She smiles. “The frame over there is like the largest puzzle I have ever seen” The customer’s points at the frame in awed and Tiffany turns to look at the picture with her proudest smile.

“Many said it’s the centre of attraction in here” Tiffany placed the tray in her arms over her chest.

“I agree and it’s indeed creative and beautiful. Who is the other girl in the picture? She is very attractive!”

Tiffany smiles and the customers admired how her eyes twinkle when she talks. “Thank you and yes she is, always. She’s my bestfriend” She looks deeply at the puzzles with the picture of them. Instead of the original dream to open up a cafe together with Jessica, Tiffany hung a huge frame of puzzles with the picture of them smiling brightly in the car when Tiffany first bought and drove her precious BMW on the wall. It’s the centre attraction of all the accessories in her shop and many of the customers praised her for that creative idea.

‘Did you like our shop Jessi?’

She startles when a bell ring on the door and she greets the customers with her usual eye smiles that could light up the town.

“Welcome to Jeti’s café”

 

**

 

Krystal who diligently took note in the class groans when her phone on the table vibrates.

“Mom, I’m in the lecture. I’ll call you later” She whispers but later heard her mom sniffing.

“Mom, are you okay? What’s wrong?”

“She’s back Soojung. She’s alive” The mother sobs sounds so clear on the other line and Krystal’s face turns pale.

She’s frozen on her spot and asked hesitantly. “Who’s back?”

“Your sister is back! Jessica is back! My daughter is and she’s alive oh my God.” Krystal’s eyes widened in terror that makes her friend calling her for so many times and the mother bawling until her crying father took the phone from her.

 “Jess. She is alive”

She trembles with wide eyes unaware of the tears that already trailing down her cheek and couldn’t hear her friends that worriedly calling for her as she has turned deaf in disbelieved.

“Come home fast honey, s-she is f-finally back”

That’s the final straw when in the middle of the students in the lecture, she abruptly stood up before sprinting outside while cupping to restrain the loud sob that threatened to let out, ignoring the lecturer and her friends that screaming, calling her name.

She drove fast to her home and doesn’t care if the police caught her. Her dearest sister is back. After all this time when everybody were trying to make her believe about the death of her sister, she was always there to believe that Jessica is still alive and will come back to her. Her dearest sister is still alive and now she’s back. She knows her sister is strong.

“I know you are alive Jess. I knew it! Oh my God thank you so much!” She finally lets out a loud sob as God has finally answered her cries everynight begging Him to let her sister alive and safe and so with a quick move she gets out of the car once arrived to only slam the door open to finally see the broken view of how the house is full of tears as her sister, standing there in the living room crying while hugging the parents.

But instead of running to hug the brunette, Krystal couldn’t found the strength left on her knees as she falls down on the floor, wailing loudly calling her sister name repeatedly. She couldn’t believe what she just saw in front of her eyes. Her sister is finally back. The moment she always waiting finally come true and her hands shaking hard when Jessica came closer to join her on the floor and cupping her youngest sister’s cheek.

Jessica’s face is wet with tears that couldn’t found an end from falling. “I’m back Sooju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter